This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help With First Three Episodes

OK, I can handle the cast changes but the plot in Avalon 1 & 2 plus Origin has me confused.

1) The ancients AKA Gatebuilders AKA Alterans who constructed the gate network travelled from 'somewhere' to our galaxy to the Pegasus galaxy. Is this correct?

2) When the ancients arrived did they build Avalon, Atlantis or both?

3) Where do the Ori come into this? Are they ancients?

4) The place where Daniel and Vala travelled to which looked like a medieval city, was it on our galaxy, the Pegasus galaxy or somewhere else?

5) The people who lived in the medieval city, where did they come from?

Answers to the forum or email pmgant(AT)gmail(DOT)com. Thanks.

PM Gant

Originally posted by pmgant
    1) The ancients AKA Gatebuilders AKA Alterans who constructed the gate network travelled from 'somewhere' to our galaxy to the Pegasus galaxy. Is this correct?
    The Alterans were one species living in the galaxy that we've come to know as the Ori galaxy. There was a scientific/religious split, and a large number of them left for another place: here. They settled in our galaxy, fled the plague to Pegasus, and all those other nuggets of Ancient history we've learned over the 8 preceeding years.

2) When the ancients arrived did they build Avalon, Atlantis or both?
    We know that they built the Gate network, and the one on Earth is among the oldest in the system. When Atlantis was constructed remains open for debate, but the fact that it uses (cosmetically) different technology than all the Ancient technology we've run into before suggests that it was built toward the end of their stay in our galaxy. Avalon, as the resting place of Arthur, would have to have been built far more recently as it establishes Arthurian and early British mythology.

3) Where do the Ori come into this? Are they ancients?
    The Ori and the Ancients are the same species, they just had a philosophical divide many millions of years ago. It has been made clear that the end point of physical evolution is ascension, thus they are both ascended albeit with different opinions.

4) The place where Daniel and Vala travelled to which looked like a medieval city, was it on our galaxy, the Pegasus galaxy or somewhere else?
    This was in the Ori home galaxy.

5) The people who lived in the medieval city, where did they come from?
    It seems that the people in the village, like us, are a second evolution of humanity.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
    X