This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifth Element

I saw "The Fifth Element" last night and remembered how good it was. I hadn't seen it in a few years. yah, it was sorta cheesy in parts, but the effects/tech were cool and the acting wasn't half bad.

Does anyone know more about the aliens in the movie? The fat, robotic dudes are called the Mondoshawan; they were the ones who landed at the pyramid in Egypt and took the four stones. In a way, it reminded me a little of the Abydos pyramid.

If anyone knows more info about the Fifth Element universe, it would be cool to hear it!

I don't know about the monster dudes, but I am pretty sure that girl is the resident evil girl... yeoooowwwwwwwwwwwwwzzzaaa!!!!

Fifth Element was a pretty fun movie to watch, and that Chris Tucker character (Ruby Rod?) was histerical!

Comment

I have this movie on tape. Truth to tell, I have to fast forward thru the Chris Tucker lines. Something about the voice he uses just grates on me. Maybe it's just me. Other parts are cheesey but if you can get thru that it's not bad. I always enjoy the moments of comic relief with Willis.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
        I don't know about the monster dudes, but I am pretty sure that girl is the resident evil girl...
        Correct, that is Milla Jovovich. She can also be seen in another Luc Besson movie, "Joan of Arc" (or "The Messanger" as it was titled in America). She was briefly married to Besson if I remember correctly.

While the Fifth Element is not Besson's best work (that credit goes to Leon - titled "The Professional" in America) it is a really fun movie. It has a charm IMHO similar to that of the orignal Star Wars movie coupled with some fast paced action and great humor. Definately one not to miss.

Comment

I loved the Fifth Element! It was the first DVD I had ever bought, which was a couple years back.
          Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

I loved The Fifth Element too! Every once in awhile I pop it in and watch the dvd.
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Multipass!

Comment

Yeah, it's an awesome movie. It's got good music as well.

Comment

I loved this movie Especially since i'm a fan of Milla Jovovich, and i liked the whole futuristic setting, really kewl
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I love this movie!

I had to watch it twice before I realized that you can't take any of it seriously. You just have to sit back and enjoy it. It's brain candy - too much of it and it will rot your brain but every now and then it 's a real treat! The best part of it is Chris Tucker. Watching him and Bruce Willis play off of each other is pure gold.

Loved it!
                    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                    it has it's own laws and beats about things
                    which the intellect scorns."
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

It´s a great flick, it´s very different visually from most sci-fi and on the whole it works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                        I love this movie!

I had to watch it twice before I realized that you can't take any of it seriously. You just have to sit back and enjoy it. It's brain candy - too much of it and it will rot your brain but every now and then it 's a real treat! The best part of it is Chris Tucker. Watching him and Bruce Willis play off of each other is pure gold.

Loved it!
                        It's great sci-fi with great effects, but I hated the Chris Tucker parts; he was soooo anoying. I loved Mila Jovanich; she was soo hot! Nice skimpy outfit too. Plus the tech was cool and the aliens pretty cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Multipass!
                          Muuulll-tee-paaas

lol

Comment

best line in the movie

Comment

I didn't see it at the theater... caught it on cable & have loved it ever since!
                              Why?
                              Bruce as the quinessential action/war hero...
                              Milla as Leeloo/the Fifth Element...
                              The visuals - I think I still I see something new each time I watch it...
                              The music/score....
                              And the 'bad' guys:
                              Gary Oldman as Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg!
                              The Mangalores - remember to ask what that little red button does before you push it...
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                              X