This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert cooper in season 4 ??

OK now that SG-1 is done you think that Robert cooper will move over to SGA and do you think it will help or hurt season 4

Originally posted by Adria
    OK now that SG-1 is done you think that Robert cooper will move over to SGA and do you think it will help or hurt season 4
    I think it would help stargate atlantis in terms of ideas.
    sigpic

Comment

God I hope not. Its no secret that I see Rob Cooper as the man who single handedly ruined (IMO) SG1, and I don't want Atlantis to suffer the same fate at his hands. Just MO
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal
        God I hope not. Its no secret that I see Rob Cooper as the man who single handedly ruined (IMO) SG1, and I don't want Atlantis to suffer the same fate at his hands. Just MO
        My thoughts as well but if Brad stays on as showrunner (*crosses fingers*) then everything should be just fine. I love Rob as a writer and director but not as a showrunner.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

The only arguement I have about this is one word...
          Sateda.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell
            Sateda.
            In deed, that was an awesome episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Sateda.
              I'm not disputing his skills as a writer, but the opening post suggests, to me, "as a showrunner" as he's already "on" Atlantis as a writer, as you pointed out. The man's a great writer, no doubt about it IMO, but as a showrunner, he's done a bad job IMO
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Why do you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117
                  Why do you say that?
                  Lack of team interaction, no real long term arcs besides the main Ori and Lucian Alliance ones, loss of realism, "T" and "A" with a healthy side of tight fitting uniforms inuendo and needeless flaunting of sexuality, poorly thought out characters and plots to name just a few. (all in one breath i might add ) All of these can be put down to Coop and the decisions he has made since he became showrunner.

All of that was just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Lack of team interaction, no real long term arcs besides the main Ori and Lucian Alliance ones, loss of realism, "T" and "A" with a healthy side of tight fitting uniforms inuendo and needeless flaunting of sexuality, poorly thought out characters and plots to name just a few. (all in one breath i might add ) All of these can be put down to Coop and the decisions he has made since he became showrunner.

Are we watching the same show? I don't see anything you mentioned...
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      My thoughts as well but if Brad stays on as showrunner (*crosses fingers*) then everything should be just fine. I love Rob as a writer and director but not as a showrunner.
                      I'm not disputing his skills as a writer, but the opening post suggests, to me, "as a showrunner" as he's already "on" Atlantis as a writer, as you pointed out. The man's a great writer, no doubt about it IMO, but as a showrunner, he's done a bad job IMO

I agree 100000000000% with all the quotes. Cooper as a writer and director from time to time? No problem (I prefer Ken C, Martin Gero and Carl Binder, though). Cooper as a showrunner? NO. 10000000 times NO. Please.

Comment

RCC as a writer and director, yes. But as a showrunner or co-showrunner, God no.

Comment

Sateda.
                          Wasn't that the lowest watched episode of S3 so far. So afraid that should only add to the point raised regarding RCC.

While overall it was an okay episode. Parts were laughable at times, such as the wharehouse scene. 2 shots are fired, he ducks before they even enter the shot. Stretches out his arms, grabs 2 guns & does his Rambo thing.

Then over 20 odd Wraith, yet Ronon takes nearly them all down because he's mad etc. A couple more lile him & they could take out entire Hive ships by themselves.

I think parts were taken from 'The Rundown' & overall it reminded me of a cross between Rambo & 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

So like others have said, I'm not really a big fan of his. If I were to choose between them, I'd go for Brad Wright.

In Atlantis, they have brought in a few good writers, with SG-1 going out, unless they're working on a spin-off, then I'd imagine there won't be enough writing to go around 2 seperate teams. Therfore I can see a few of the new guys leaving, while the old guard come over to Atlantis.

Personally I'd rather have the new guys stay let them take the show forward. Sometimes having the same people at the helm can actually be detrimental to the show rather than an advantage.

I think if the new guys get kept on, then Atlantis can go from strength to strength. If they bin the new guys in favour of the old guard. Then I really can't see Atlantis going past S4, S5 max.

Let the new guys have their crack, guided with Brad Wright, Martin Gero etc & I'd say it will make it okay.

Comment

O merciful gods of entertainment, please, for the love of all that's holy, PLEASE KEEP COOPER AWAY FROM ATLANTIS!!! The show is in enough trouble as it is, bringing Coop on as showrunner would kill it faster than a soap bubble in a sandstorm. He's leprous; one touch too many and the show will rot from the inside out.

Comment

I hope not, not that I am that impressed with how things are going at the moment on SGA with the shows direction or lack thereof.... I just think he is too close to SG-1, not that Brad isn't but from what I can gather Cooper was more instrumental in the direction that SG-1 took compared to Wright.

Actually in an ideal world I would give the bloody job to Martin Gero!

Comment

Working...
                              X