This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate 2

In the event that a second theatrical Stargate movie is made, would you like to see a sequel to the movie, an SG-1 movie, an Atlantis movie, a movie where SG-1 and Atlantis work together to solve a common threat, or something else? If you want to see something else, do share!

Personally, I feel that if they are going to do a second movie, it should be an SG-1 feature film. I always thought of SG-1 "Children of the Gods" as a sequel to the movie to begin with, so it just makes sense for the second movie to pick up where SG-1 ends.

yeh, an SG-1 movie to end the fight with the Ori in an all out movie space battle with massive special effects!!!!!!!1!1111!!!!!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Meh. I don't want to see a movie about the Ori unless it's a final confrontation story much like how "Lost City" was suppose to be the SG-1 movie about the defeat of Anubis. I would much rather see the SG-1 movie be a stand-alone story for the casual movie goers who don't watch SG-1, but are familiar with the basic premise and thus have a casual interest in the movie. Look at the Star Trek movies and The X Files movie to get an idea of how to do a stand-alone movie that also ties into the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
        Meh. I don't want to see a movie about the Ori unless it's a final confrontation story much like how "Lost City" was suppose to be the SG-1 movie about the defeat of Anubis. I would much rather see the SG-1 movie be a stand-alone story for the casual movie goers who don't watch SG-1, but are familiar with the basic premise and thus have a casual interest in the movie. Look at the Star Trek movies and The X Files movie to get an idea of how to do a stand-alone movie that also ties into the series.
        As long as it's not like Star Trek Insurrection........that was bad.........VERY Bad.....
        One like First Contact would be good, merging a local baddy with time travel.

Ba'al anyone?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I like Insurrection. The reason why people don't like it is that it's light hearted and doesn't put Earth in jeopardy. I don't see why a science-fiction film has to be two-hours of space battles. The movie was a science-fiction story with corny TNG-style humor and a few space battles at the end. I think it worked quite well. I think the only valid criticisms are of the humor and Data. Everything else was excellent!

I don't want to see a movie feature time travel. Star Trek got away with time travel in the movies, because 2-3 episodes of every season of each series were time travel episodes, so it was expected that both the TOS and TNG crews would get one time travel movie. SG-1 hasn't really done enough time travel to justify using it in a feature film, but I think it could work as a B-plot, like if they were to use the time traveling Puddle Jumper to alter the past, like planting a special device on a certain planet, to aide a crisis in the present. Something like that would be great without making it a "time travel" movie.

Ba'al would actually be my first choice for the movie villain, provided they don't kill him off this year. Think about it, casual viewers think of SG-1's bad guys as the Goa'uld and probably don't care about the Ori. Ba'al's the only big, bad Goa'uld left, plus the audience seems to love him as a villain. There's also nasty history between Ba'al and O'Neill. He really is the best choice for a "movie villain."

Comment

I would like to see anyone of those apart from a Dean Devlin sequel... oh and I wouldn't like to see a movie based around either time travel or alternate realities...

Comment

yeah a seccond movie i wish they could make one to end SG-1 and another for atlantis in the time the ancients were runiing the city so we see what they did and then we see our expedition come along

Comment

I'd like to see one with the SG-1 and Atlantis casts. I wouldn't want it to be about the Ori. Time travel would be fine (better than one involving the Ori anyway), but I'd rather not have that either.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

well i wish they could make a few movies from the STARGATE Theme ...

First finish off the STARGATE Movies , make the 2nd and 3rd one . Also make a few Mini series otu of SG-1 and Atlnatis ...

They could do like 3 SG-1 mini Series during the year going , sticking with the theme of the Ori .
                  For Atlantis they could do like one or 2 mini series a year as well , doing them between seasons ... Mid Season , and end of season Mini Series ...

Then they could branch off with mroe Mini Series , and Movies , with SG-1 and Atlantis , as well as doing stuff about the Ancients and Ori from the start of there life in there galaxies , and there travels to other galaxies , to when they ascend ...

Comment

Pitbull, that is oversaturation!

If they do sequels to the original movie, by the time they get to SG-1, the actors till be too old to convincingly play their characters as members of SG-1. If they are going to do a movie, they need to do it right after the series ends, and then maybe do 2 or 3 sequels. Three or four SG-1 movies would be plenty.

If they do an SG-1 mini-series, they can't do three in one year. Do you have any idea how big a job it is to create one mini-series? It's like creating two or more TV movies back-to-back. If they do a mini-series, we will probably only have the one mini-series acting as the end of SG-1.

There will not be an Atlantis mini-series, because the show is still going. A mini-series would be equal to at least four episodes, so it'd basically be a short season. It's pointless when we have 20 episodes a year. It's just not necessary.

They don't need to do Atlantis, four or five mini-series, and a new movie each year. That's oversaturation and will kill the franchise.

All we need is Atlantis with an SG-1 movie every 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                      I like Insurrection. The reason why people don't like it is that it's light hearted and doesn't put Earth in jeopardy. I don't see why a science-fiction film has to be two-hours of space battles.

I don't want to see a movie feature time travel.

For once I actually agree with Daniel Jackson (on both accounts.)

While Star Trek: Insurrection may not be the best Trek film, it is way far from the abysmal failure that many fans make it out to be. It was, as DJ said, a good science fiction film.

And, I too agree that a time travel Stargate film is simply a bad idea.
                      Last edited by Commander Dan; 08 October 2006, 06:58 PM.
                      "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
                      - Master Bra'tac

Comment

yeah no time travel

Comment

3-4 sg-1 movies sound good to me, i would like atleast one of them to be about time travel, so you meet janus again, and maybe return to atlantis to before the wraith came into the picture. And it would be nice if it could stay with the cast it got now, and maybe add richard deam anderson to the list who knows maybe he could find time for a movie.
                          /vote for stargate to stay, make 20 seasons if u have too! seriously I'd be sad to see them shut down such a nice show

Comment

They dont want Stargate 2 to start off where season 10 left off because they would have to recap almost 10 years worth of stuff since the first movie was created since the Stargate movies are suppose to be a Trilogy they are suppose to be related to each other not with the television series.

Comment

SG-1 is the sequel to the original movie, that's why so many of us are against second movie that does not feature SG-1. Also, you do not need to recap 10 years of SG-1. This is why I suggest using Ba'al as the villain instead of the Ori. People know who Jack, Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c are. People know the Goa'uld are SG-1's bad guys. If you use Ba'al as the villain and have the original four involved, people familiar with the show will go see it.

Here is an example of a successful SG-1 movie... start the movie off by introducing Cameron Mitchell, Vala and his twi new SG-1 team members with General Landry still in charge of Stargate Command. Use Mitchell's new team to introduce the new audience to the world of Stargate. Bring Agent Malcolm Barrett to the SGC and have him inform General Landry that the Goa'uld-on-Earth problem has spread from powerful business people to infecting military and political leaders. This introduces newbies to Goa'uld on Earth quickly as well as the conflict. The plot could be Ba'al creating a new empire with Earth as his capital planet, and he plans to take Earth through the Goa'uld on Earth so the military and political leaders will accept him making domination easy. This is where you bring everyone back together... O'Neill returns to the SGC for protection, because he was a host target. Daniel returns from a mission to Atlantis, Carter returns from Area 51, Teal'c returns to Earth as the Jaffa Ambassator to the Tau'ri, and walla... the main cast would be Mitchell, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, Vala, Mitchell's 2 new team members, and to a lesser extent, Landry and O'Neill. I would even go so far as to have O'Neill end up having a Goa'uld asleep in him all along only to awake in the climax with Goa'uld O'Neill taking his place at Ba'al's side. Obviously, they'd have to rescue O'Neill and save Earth from the Goa'uld invasion once and for all. I'm just brainstorming here.

Anyway, I don't care whut the plot is. I just think an SG-1 vs. Ba'al story would be great movie material, especially if it's the final confrontation where they finally take him out. I'll be severaly irritated if he beams away laughing!

Comment

Working...
                              X