This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ancient writing on the wall in front of the red orb!!! spoilers

can someone translate that, or at least a decent screencap to understand the symbols
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the episode; "Why didn't Daniel read the ancient text on the pillar?"

Comment

there a bunch of people on GW that can read ancient so you never know
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

yay there is a post with the alphabet of the ancients and you might find some screen caps on adodos gate google it to find it there is a good one on page 26 of it i think

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

i can read it to, but the problem is i don't have a decent screencap
          http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Well, hopefully someone can come up with a decent screencap for translation.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by NitroX infinity
              First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the episode; "Why didn't Daniel read the ancient text on the pillar?"
              I thought it too.
              sigpic

Comment

http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/index....gmFilters=#pic

http://stargate-sg1.hu/photos/index....gmFilters=#pic

thats the best i can do the thing wont let me just post the images hope it helps.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

It's not hard to read Ancient. I don't read Ancient fluently, but I've got the Ancient font so I just whip up a Word document where I type in the entire alphabet from A to Z and the numbers from 1 to 10 in two rows one atop the other, the top one in Ancient and the bottom one in Times New Roman (you have to adjust the font size since Ancient is generally larger than Times New Roman) and then go from there.

It's slow, but it works.
                  Last edited by FallenAngelII; 09 October 2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    It's not hard to read Ancient. I don't read Ancient fluently, but I've got the Ancient font so I just whip up a .txt file where I type in the entire alphabet from A to Z and the numbers from 1 to 10 in two rows one atop the other, the top one in Ancient and the bottom one in Times New Roman (you have to adjust the font size since Ancient is generally larger than Times New Roman) and then go from there.

It's slow, but it works.
                    You downloaded Ancient font into MS Word? Where can I do this?

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

yes, i would like to know where you can get the font

Comment

Daniel being Daniel, i would of thought he would of read that first, hes normally more careful than that, perhaps the name of the guardian (dragon) is written on the pilar?

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hmm, so i tried to decypher it, but for now its complett gibberish

In the front:

T E
                          W A
                          blue crystal
                          I G
                          H T
                          E N
                          M E

on the right side i could only read one line

N L

which also appeared on the left side:

E T
                          O E
                          N L <---
                          I

so i think the writings on the left and on the right are the same.
                          Don't know for sure, but in a symmetrical sense, it could be so.
                          Maybe its a riddle, an anagram, don't know. Have Fun!

Comment

There's a thead here on Gateworld with the link to the font. I don't remember what section it's in, though.

It's called something similar to "The Ancient Language - I've Figured It Out!" or something.

Googling "Stargate + Ancient + font", you'll find several sites with Anqueetas/Ancient fonts.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              There's a thead here on Gateworld with the link to the font. I don't remember what section it's in, though.

It's called something similar to "The Ancient Language - I've Figured It Out!" or something.

Googling "Stargate + Ancient + font", you'll find several sites with Anqueetas/Ancient fonts.
                              But would I be able to download it into MS Word? And if so, how would I go about doing it?

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X