This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard's reluctance

In the pilot all John Sheppard wanted to do was fly. He wasn't too gung-ho on gate exploration. So far in Atlantis he hasn't been flying much. We didn't even see him handle the crash on kiddieworld. Does the PJs responsiveness make flying no longer challenging? I hope they revisit his love of flying vs leading team exploration.

Sheppard and Ford were discussing the inertial dampening thingy while flying the PJ in "Suspicion"; Shep mentioned that he missed the "G's"...not that they would have been physically able to handle them.

I'm sure TPTB have a nice PJ-versus-Wraith dart dogfight scene somewhere up their sleeves...
    We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by NurseRatched
      Sheppard and Ford were discussing the inertial dampening thingy while flying the PJ in "Suspicion"; Shep mentioned that he missed the "G's"...not that they would have been physically able to handle them.

I'm sure TPTB have a nice PJ-versus-Wraith dart dogfight scene somewhere up their sleeves...
      Perhaps there is a switch or a thought he can perform that will disengage the psychokinetic link and then he would be on "manual override" where he would need to maneuver holgraphic instruments to control the jumper.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

This is a good question. I imagine we'll propably see some more flying on his part. I imagine though that adjusting to 'command' would make a good character arc for him this season. Haven't seen much evidence that they are going in that direction though.

Comment

I think the discussion of G forces was purely to torment Ford, who didn't know if Sheppard was telling the truth or not about eyes going to the back of your head and all those gruesome details

Sheppard has done a lot of the flying of the jumper we've seen them using it in, and in no doubt if they use the jumper in other trips (that we don't see), he's at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
            This is a good question. I imagine we'll propably see some more flying on his part. I imagine though that adjusting to 'command' would make a good character arc for him this season. Haven't seen much evidence that they are going in that direction though.
            Yes he has been thrust into command (of the miltary at least) plus he is the most proficient with the Ancient technologies. He's certainly got a lot on his plate; including staying off the wraith's plate....so to speak.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

i'm sure we'll see more later this season and in the comming seaons....

it's the first season and it's the character building phase....all the mains have a background that has just been drastically changed and they are all in the 'getting to know the new me phase.'

somebody metioned above the PJ v Dart battle....love to see that if it's cgied well.....or a ROJ-esque battle....a bunch of PJ on a hiveship.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I sort of think that Sheppard's little trip to explore the planet was more him wanting to go for a flight than anything else. Gotta remember though, that he's a little busy.

Comment

Working...
                X