Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Idea(probably not that great) about asgard cloning problem.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Idea(probably not that great) about asgard cloning problem.

Ok, I know its not like the asgard to do this because its morally bad, but, They should download their minds into "blank" human clones. This way they can reproduce again. But they would really need to get around the whole, human minds not being able to handle the vasts amounts of asgard information.

For that, I propose they stick their scientists working on the problem, namely Heimdall, in a time dilation bubble, giving him hundreds if not thousands of years to come up with a solution. That way maybe we can get some actual actors to play the asgard, and not use puppets anymore.

Humans are frail ffs. Use Androids.

Comment

Well, using androids would certainly fix the whole information problem, but they still couldnt reproduce sexually.

Comment

So what? Cloning(copying) information is much easier than sexual reproduction.

They could make either direct clones, or combine code from several androids to get a different personality, ie person.

Comment

get into contact with the ancients somehow or pray to them to help with their cloning because they would have knowlege of the universe
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior Jon
            Ok, I know its not like the asgard to do this because its morally bad, but, They should download their minds into "blank" human clones. This way they can reproduce again. But they would really need to get around the whole, human minds not being able to handle the vasts amounts of asgard information.
            whats bad about that?
            if the clones are braindead than whats the harm?
            imagine if we could replace lab rats with "blank" clones
            surely its better to kill an empty shell than harm an innocent animal

Comment

Well, seeing has Ive had all day to think about it, it doesnt seem all that bad now. But I did realize something, the asgard can download a person's conscience into a body, essentially there soul. Now this could be an argument that there is no soul(albeit kinda weak). And that if they're first bodies did have a soul, and they're dead, then the asgard are the closest thing we have to zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                So what? Cloning(copying) information is much easier than sexual reproduction.

They could make either direct clones, or combine code from several androids to get a different personality, ie person.
                But where's the fun in that?!

Comment

It's already been suggested by fans before and it wouldn't work because humans are stupid. No really, we are.

The Asgard minds can store tons more information than the human mind. The human brain wouldn't be able to handle the great thing that is an Asgard mind.

Sticking an Asgard in a time dilation bubble would be pretty cruel for the Asgard but they could actually just clone them and copy their consciousness into the clone and have it repeat the process everytime it's about to die in the bubble.

Comment

They should download they minds in my SatNav. I'm always getting lost in my car and I can do with a Asgard helping me

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

You know what could have stoped this problem from ever acoring?
                      If they had of keep their original bodys, and made every clone from them, instead of cloneing from clones.
                      The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                      Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

or, seeing as stargate command has that timeship..... go to the asgard homeworld, pickup thor, go back in time and thor can explain to a healthy asgard that they need a body to clone that can reproduce.??

Comment

Originally posted by Prior Jon
                          Well, seeing has Ive had all day to think about it, it doesnt seem all that bad now. But I did realize something, the asgard can download a person's conscience into a body, essentially there soul. Now this could be an argument that there is no soul(albeit kinda weak). And that if they're first bodies did have a soul, and they're dead, then the asgard are the closest thing we have to zombies.
                          well thats one theory
                          here's what I'm thinking..

if there is such a thing as a soul (and ascension suggests that there is)
                          and you get a soul when you are born, then we can assume your soul is either connected to your physical body or to your consciousness in some manner.

so really by cloning themselves the asgard are either getting a "new" soul, with every new clone, that will later be connected to their consciousness (that's assuming your soul is connected to your physical body),
                          or they are simply transfering their soul to this new body (assuming the soul is connected to your consciousness)

I'm thinking your soul in stargate (at least for humans) is part of the ascended plane/dimension.
                          all humans have a certain control over the ascended plane because they have a soul. (and the ori want to suck it dry )
                          highly evolved humans can reach a state where they have better "access" (for lack of a better word) to the ascended plane, this usually results in various "powers" manifesting. but theoreticaly any human can do it.

now ascension is a point where you essentially have such a strong "link" with your "soul", that you can tranfer your consciousness and body to the ascended plane completely.
                          also I think ascension is usually done in a group, by combining their powers.

interesting to note that the ancients seem to only forbid you from using ascended powers if your consciousness is ascended, but they wont stop you if your consciousness is on the lower plane (which makes sense actually, that way they allow lowers to ascend).

anyway.. thats just my take on it

Comment

Androids are the way to go, ive surgested this loads before but im going to stress again! Asgard + Android = Terminator Genius's; they would be the perfect form for the asgards to take, biology and technology is failing, just embrace technology and yourll be fine. With the Asgard in the driving seat of a Terminator'eske robot, it could have personal shields and cloaks and the best set of integrated weapons that can be created the Asgard would become the most powerfull ground troop in history as well as being the most advanced and smart living race around ( the ancient, Ori and Asurians are ot technically living)
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

human clone + Ancient DNA editor machine = new body fit for an asgard
                              War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

Working...
                              X