This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would Zats effect Wraith?

In the 'Return Part 1', Sheppard used a zat (Hardly a spoiler) and it got me thinking! Have we ever seen a Wraith shot with a zat? How might it affect them? You'd think that in 'Rising' they would have brought some Zats!

They want to keep the shows separate. Mixing technology is not doing that.

The Wraith are stronger than humans. They can take several direct hits from a bullet without even faltering (too many and they falter, though). Martouf as a Zat'arc alone couldn't be stunned by 1 hit from the Zat.

It's quite possible if not probable the Wraith would require at least two hits to stun.

Comment

I think that keeping the two shows completely seperate is a bit stupid! I mean they can't just break away from everything already established in SG-1! Zats are powerful weopons and going into an unknown situation they should have brought some along! I mean of course there should be a certain degree of seperation but not like this

Comment

Originally posted by Conor
        I think that keeping the two shows completely seperate is a bit stupid! I mean they can't just break away from everything already established in SG-1! Zats are powerful weopons and going into an unknown situation they should have brought some along! I mean of course there should be a certain degree of seperation but not like this
        Hatcheter’s “not another zats thread” standard reply form:

In the world of Stargate, there are some very plausible reasons why they didn’t take zats:

Reliability Zats are alien weapons, and Earth has not yet shown the ability to reproduce or even understand their functionality. No military unit would use weapons they are unable to maintain or repair. They would use the weapons they are familiar with, that they can repair or reconstruct as needed.

Availability When the Atlantis expedition left, the Milky Way was still embroiled in the Jaffa Rebellion. The SGC would have been funneling all recovered weapons to the rebel Jaffa, keeping very few for research or supplemental equipment. With the rebellion now over, there's not much in the way of battlefield salvage anymore.

Functionality We have seen races that are unaffected by zats. The Wraith, with their incredible regenerative ability and extreme tollerance for pain, may be one of them.

Ultimately, TPTB wanted to separate the two shows, and limiting the crossover of alien stuff created in SG-1 was one of the biggest ways to do that. Atlantis got naquadah reactors, so they had to give up the zats.

a time to mourn

Comment

yeah but still, i think sticking the zats in Atlantis would make it more original, because Zats are just a thing that belongs on Stargate, you can't start everything from scratch in Atlantis, and besides who doesn't those cool zat sounds and the just general coolness of it, and it would get them out of a lot more mess instead of those crappy little wraith stunners
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

zats rule
            sigpic

Comment

couple of shots of a zat at am wraith and it'll disintegrate them, porbably bout 6-8 shots, beaths bullets though
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor
                couple of shots of a zat at am wraith and it'll disintegrate them, porbably bout 6-8 shots, beaths bullets though
                Zats stopped disintegrating things somewhere around season 3 or 4.

a time to mourn

Comment

i would love to see a wraith wraithing some one and it gets shot bam bam bam ect. and just falls apart lol.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                    Zats stopped disintegrating things somewhere around season 3 or 4.
                    They never stopped being able to do it, the writers just choose to make the characters ignore that fact because they realise they made a mistake opening such a big 'can of worms'...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                      They never stopped being able to do it, the writers just choose to make the characters ignore that fact because they realise they made a mistake opening such a big 'can of worms'...
                      Hence an apparent plot fix, burying away that particular detail about them.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII

The Wraith are stronger than humans. They can take several direct hits from a bullet without even faltering (too many and they falter, though). Martouf as a Zat'arc alone couldn't be stunned by 1 hit from the Zat.

It's quite possible if not probable the Wraith would require at least two hits to stun.
                        I ARGEE.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII

or they take one hit and they get knocked down and pretend to be stunned or the effects wear off really quick so the wraith jump back up as soon as you let you guard down

Comment

the stunners serve their purpose to stun. they stop wraith and people. zats you cant be sure that one hit would stop them, and if you want them alive you better do some fast thinking if they made it through the first shot. stunners it seems you can shoot them as many time as you like (but im not sure how a trigger happy person would do) with the same results.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                            X