The Far Side by Gary Larson : Atlantis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Far Side by Gary Larson : Atlantis!

I dont know if this is off-topic or Atlantis related, but... I was reading again a comic book from Gary Larson, in the "Far Side" collection (Bride of the Far Side, to be precise), and one particular cartoon from 1986 was interesting:

LOL Very good. Thanks for sharing that, Arga.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I love how the bubble are still there. They just missed it! Did it re-submerge or take off?

Comment

Lol! Awesome! Gary Larson is Amazing, I've only got Far Side Gallery 5 & Weiner Dog Art, but based upon all of his work, he's a genious, not just in art, but in Humanity & Philisophy, sketching the Lives of Humans in Imaginitive, Unique & Ridiculous ways, but with a deeper meaning behind them...

Does that make sense?

Comment

i'm happy you share my love for Gary Larson. Yes, I like the bubbles! very clever. It's amazing how he can depict a whole scene with just 1 cartoon.
          Too bad he's retired...

On the same book, from 1985, I found this cartoon:

LoL, looks like an old O'Neill showing a Naquadah enhance bomb

It's in Larson's cartoons that I heard for the first time the expression "For crying out loud". He uses them quite a lot. Here it's funny, it's in a military context.

If I find more cartoons relevant to Stargate I'll post them here. Unless I get a threatening mail from the lawers of Gary Larson...

Comment

Another drawing with a curious alien..

(taken from The Valley of the Far Side)

Comment

Working...
            X