Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't they leave out the other DC heroes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't they leave out the other DC heroes?

Well honestly why can't they? It seems like every time they have a guest hero on Smallville (with the exception of Bart Allen), they mess with the back story so much, and they end up sucking. Take Cyborg, he had nothing to do with Lex Luthor or his family, his father made him a cyborg to save his life, and he's supposed to be a heck of a lot younger than Clark. Aquaman, they could have gotten a plank of wood to give a better performance than the actor they got to play him. They actually made Aquaman suck worse!! Even guest star villains they've ruined. They made Mr. Mxylplyktz, an ultra powerful imp from the 5th dimension, into a Euro-trash con-artist.
    Spoiler:
    I'm afraid that they're going to do the same with Green Arrow, they've already started with the Lex kidnapping. Green Arrow is a left leaning hippy type, there is no way in hell he would condone kidnapping.
    What do you guys think? What other gripes do you have about Smallville?
    Last edited by jds1982; 07 October 2006, 09:39 AM.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Even Bart Allen is wrong. The comic version of Bart Allen is meant to be from the 30th century and he is meant to be hyper intelligent becasue he can remember everything he reads. And smallville go and turn him in to a punk kid with a kleptomania problem. Though he is still the only one the guest heros I liked so far.

The best guess villian had to Brainiac, though he looked nothing like the real brainiac.

Oh and your spoiler thing aren't working.
    http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
      Even Bart Allen is wrong. The comic version of Bart Allen is meant to be from the 30th century and he is meant to be hyper intelligent becasue he can remember everything he reads. And smallville go and turn him in to a punk kid with a kleptomania problem. Though he is still the only one the guest heros I liked so far.

The best guess villian had to Brainiac, though he looked nothing like the real brainiac.

Oh and your spoiler thing aren't working.
      Yeah but he was kind of a punk, and they did give a nod to him being from the future, they just didn't explicitly state it. Who was the Huntress-eske character they had, man did she suck.
      Last edited by jds1982; 07 October 2006, 09:49 AM.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

She was meant to be Batman, even had some of the 1980's Batman movie music in the background. Though she had two problems though,

1 - She was no better than the weekly meteor freak, had about the same amount of story as them as well, unless you have the DVD and watch the vengeance chronicles.
        2 - Angel of Vengeance, that's just awful and why is a basement based reporter like Chloe Sullivan (No offense to her or her fans) naming what seemed to be the front page story, I mean isn't that the editors decesion.
        http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
          She was meant to be Batman, even had some of the 1980's Batman movie music in the background. Though she had two problems though,

1 - She was no better than the weekly meteor freak, had about the same amount of story as them as well, unless you have the DVD and watch the vengeance chronicles.
          2 - Angel of Vengeance, that's just awful and why is a basement based reporter like Chloe Sullivan (No offense to her or her fans) naming what seemed to be the front page story, I mean isn't that the editors decesion.
          Wasn't she the one who broke the story though, maybe that's why she got to name her.

Comment

So far, I've really liked how they've portrayed the Green Arrow. Very well done IMO. I really loved tonight's episode.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              So far, I've really liked how they've portrayed the Green Arrow. Very well done IMO. I really loved tonight's episode.
              Mmm, he's ok. I didn't like some of the little technical gadgets he had. His bow should just really be a regular bow, Green Arrow would not need those high tech rangefinder sunglasses, he's just that good. Although I really don't think the Green Arrow would have been able to shoot a bullet out of the air, he is only human. The trick arrows were great though, and I love they showed his political views a bit. It's kinda funny, when he was dressed up at the costume party he looked more like the Green Arrow, then when he's in his actual Green Arrow costume. I just don't know, it's not really Ollie without the goofy goatee.

Comment

You also kinda need to realise that pretty much every comic story line has its own character stories. If a character is different from the comics then its not the end of the world.

An example is Mr. Mxyzptlk, as trying to introduce a character that looks like he's out of a hanna-barbara cartoon would have been stupid. No offence to anyone who might actually like that character.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                  You also kinda need to realise that pretty much every comic story line has its own character stories. If a character is different from the comics then its not the end of the world.

An example is Mr. Mxyzptlk, as trying to introduce a character that looks like he's out of a hanna-barbara cartoon would have been stupid. No offence to anyone who might actually like that character.
                  Look I realise that they are going to take "artistic license" with certain things, and I accept that, I just don't like it when they completely change a character, like they did with Myxlplyktz, and really really make them suck. Part of it is with the actors they get, the guy who played Aquaman's acting was more wooden than an oak tree. They didn't have to make Mr. Myxlplyktz a floating, giant-headed, leprechaun. He could have looked normal, and still been an imp, or better yet they could have given the Euro-trash con artist a different name. Why use a character name, when you are going to completely alter the spirit of the character as he has always been conceptualized?

Comment

Spoiler:

Episode 11 of Season Six titled "Justice" will apparently see Green Arrow, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg

Comment

They could have used Mxyzptlk, granted but when they introduced the character it was probably as just a little cameo. They probably didn't foresee their entire withcraft spin coming later on. Although Mxyzptlk still has a chance of coming back as he didn't die, maybe fixed/enhanced.

Yeah Justice will be interesting to watch but the title does give away the entire idea of the episode. Unless they do go with the 'Junior Lifeguard Association'

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                        They could have used Mxyzptlk, granted but when they introduced the character it was probably as just a little cameo. They probably didn't foresee their entire withcraft spin coming later on. Although Mxyzptlk still has a chance of coming back as he didn't die, maybe fixed/enhanced.

Yeah Justice will be interesting to watch but the title does give away the entire idea of the episode. Unless they do go with the 'Junior Lifeguard Association'
                        Oh God I hope not, to both of those propositions.

Comment

yeah the new design is so much better than the old one from justice league. EWWWWWW he looks cool. bring on the pain
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox View Post
                            yeah the new design is so much better than the old one from justice league. EWWWWWW he looks cool. bring on the pain
                            The new design of what?

Comment

Ya know what?! Who cares who they are introducing. This show isn't cannon for any of the other superhero storylines just like Smallville isn't cannon from anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X