Season Three Prequel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Three Prequel!

It's been a long time in the making. Well, actually it hasn't. I just haven't gotten around to writing it until recently.

But anyway, we're pleased to finally announce a release date for the prequel. It seems appropriate to release it on a Thursday, as that's become our regular release day. So, you can expect the prequel to be out this coming Thursday, which is October 12th, two weeks prior to the start of Season Three.

The prequel will be only about 15 to 20 pages long; but it will feature several sequences, depicting the events between "Revolution" and "Rogues."
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Yey! Cannot waite for the season to start, you know that is interesting the length. Being so short, aren't you afraid that some things might fall through the cracks. How long does 'Rogues' take place after season three?

Comment

Well, really the idea of a prequel is to explain certain events and basically bridge the gap. Prequels usually aren't full length episodes. However, there are some new developments in season three that will be explained in the prequel.

In addition, we've already stated that "Rogues" will not be an immediate conclusion to "Revolution," just as "A Time to Rise" was not to "Judgement Day." Approximately two months will have passed between 2.24 and 3.01.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
        Well, really the idea of a prequel is to explain certain events and basically bridge the gap. Prequels usually aren't full length episodes. However, there are some new developments in season three that will be explained in the prequel.

In addition, we've already stated that "Rogues" will not be an immediate conclusion to "Revolution," just as "A Time to Rise" was not to "Judgement Day." Approximately two months will have passed between 2.24 and 3.01.
        That is actually the point, I think you have done a good job with writing, and with explaining how it will work next season, I 'm just worried that you might not be able to explain two months worth of events in twenty pages of script. But if you are confident then so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley
          That is actually the point, I think you have done a good job with writing, and with explaining how it will work next season, I 'm just worried that you might not be able to explain two months worth of events in twenty pages of script. But if you are confident then so am I.
          I obviously don't know what is going on in the prequel and season three, but what you're saying sort of assumes that every second of those two months was full of important things that link to season three, whereas it is more logical that only one or two pivotal events occured.
          Rocky

Comment

Good point, very good point. Just my being paronoid I guess. But that is true with all shows on the market.

Comment

Yeah, we'll just be covering the important things that you need to know for the beginning of Season Three. We'll see what all of the characters are up to, as well as the current state of things in the galaxy.
              Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I haven't seen it on the website, where is it?
                Rocky

Comment

Ah, looks like it wasn't posted here. Alex said that because he needs to look over it one last time and show it to the rest of us before release, it will probably now be released on Saturday. We sincerely apologize for not having it out on the announced due date, but we assure the episodes themselves will be perfectly on schedule.

Once again, our apologies. Thanks.
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Yeah, I unfortunately the forum here was down at the time, so I couldn't post it here. And I haven't had a chance to be on since.

The prequel should become available tomorrow. I won't narrow it down to a specific time, but I'd start looking for it around tomorrow evening.

Comment

Oh no! It's like S1 all over again! lol
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Oh no! It's like S1 all over again! lol
                        Not really. We did keep all scheduled air dates throughout all of Season One. We just finished the episodes last minute.

Also, this is really not an "official" part of the show. If this were a TV show, the prequel would most likely be part of the DVD special features of Season Two (though it most likely would be available online as well ). I guess you could also compare it to the "webisodes" that Battlestar Galactica had been releasing between Seasons Two and Three. You'd be able to enjoy and understand Season Three perfectly without having read the prequel. But if you have read the prequel, it'll just enhance the experience in that the prequel sets up a couple of things that will become clear in the first couple of episodes of Season Three.

Anyone care to make some final guesses on who the "surprise guest star" of the prequel might be? And just which of our regular characters will make an appearance.

Comment

I don't know, just want to read the thing. Hope its good.

Comment

Working...
                          X