• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joss' Latest Post on Whedonesque- Today

Link here:

http://whedonesque.com/comments/11513#144407

Posted on Whedonesque Today to Answer Questions about Recent News

Holy Mother of Oats! I turn my back for five minutes (that's how long it takes to admire my lovely back) and the interweb goes banoonoos! Isn't there any ACTUAL news to get wrong? Sorry about all this; it might be best if I just stay off the computer for a while. Or just glut the feed with wild conjecture. Hmm, let's see... I'm me, so... let's glut! Here are some ABSOLUTELY TRUE statements of factiness. Gentlemen, start your websites.

1) Wonder Woman has finally been cast. To no one's surprise, we eschewed all those tired movie and TV personalities and cast the interweb star "Lonelygirl", or whatever her actual name is. Congratulations, whomever!

2) I've got a thirteen episode commitment from the CW, so get ready for the long-awaited "Primative and Cheese Man". She's the first Slayer, he's a meaningless hallucination -- can they put aside their differences long enough to fight crime?

3) "CLEM!" Broadway. The number where he eats Rum Tum Tuggle will make you laugh and cry and throw up in your mouth slightly.

4) I will absolutely, posatively never ever do any kind of Serenity sequel or spinoff unless a studio asks me. Politely. Or meanly, that's cool too.

5) Warren Ellis's beard has a foyer. It's quite nice: shaker furniture, and a cute ceramic umbrella stand.

6) Kelly MacDonald and Gong Li have got to stop fighting over me 'cause who are they embarrassing? Themselves, that's all.

7) I'm tired of me.

Right. Cue chaos. And yes, number seven is more or less true. But my little britjaunt is through (Alexis rocked "All My Sons") and I'm grindstone bound, so I won't be feeding any more rumorsites for a while. There's only one way to stop all this insanity, and that's to produce some actual work for people to write about. So I'll do that.

Here's a thing: when "Firefly" was cancelled, my heart got broke. Sounds a bit much, but it changed me. Not even "Serenity" could patch that wound. I'm wearier, warier -- after all those years as a movie writer, you'd think I'd be prepared for another lesson on my unimportance in the scheme of things, but I wasn't. There are two very separate worlds: the marketplace, and the bustling bazaar that is my brain. The brain place is crowded with goods, ideas, sequels, spinoffs, animated versions, miniseries, radio dramas -- this is just the used goods. All the new wares are in there as well and it's deafening. Once I create a verse I never let go of it. And figuring out how much of my energy should be devoted to reawakening the projects you all love with the actors and characters I all love, and how much should be forging ahead and creating entirely new works (which you are contractually obligated to love) is exhausting. More than you know. You know the horse caught bwtween two pools of water? Add seven pools, and make the horse wicked A.D.D. The other world, the marketplace, I don't even begin to understand or predict. All these rumor of projects or the death of projects... When the two worlds align and something actually happens, whatever it is, you guys know I'll be on this site as soon as I'm allowed to be. And I'll be very very clear. There is no news. Not never, just now. I'm off to lunch with Lonelygirl.

Your Scribe, -j.
    I truly hope that the websites reporting the news yesterday re: Serenity's not having a sequel, will be so kind as to run this news as fast and as aggressively!
    Last edited by FollowMal; 05 October 2006, 10:04 AM. Reason: Wanted to make it bolder and maybe sticky?
    From here to the eyes and the ears of the 'Verse!

I hardly see how this is important really, unless misread or misenterpretted
    4) I will absolutely, posatively never ever do any kind of Serenity sequel or spinoff unless a studio asks me. Politely. Or meanly, that's cool too.
    Well, for the lack of a better word, duh! Of course he won't, no one ever said he would, he needs networks to fund it, that much we knew already. No one was expecting him to make it out of his own pocket, our job is to make Serenity 2 seem as good an investment as possible to Universal (who, by the way want to do one, but won't consider it until it turns some sort of prophet) or any other company.

The last part clearly states that there is no news to report, all he's doing is saying, "the rumors arent true", he's not saying "its never gonna happen"

Also, Lonelygirl as Wonderwoman, if you wanted to sum up the mind of Joss Whedon in one or two sentences, that'd be one of my top choices As would the "Primative and Cheeseman (which, by the way, IMO, would make a helluva one off special )

- Can't Stop The Signal -
    Last edited by The Signal; 05 October 2006, 10:11 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

You gotta feel bad for Joss. First Angel, then Firefly. He just can't catch a break these days.

His point was: He's not going to pursue a sequel to Serenity unless he's approached to do one.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Well, that's definitly not bad news, it's just no news, but it's good news?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          Well, that's definitly not bad news, it's just no news, but it's good news?
          It's just no news. You speak true.

Comment

Working...
          X