Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Serenity coming

http://joblo.com/index.php?id=13067

Sorry, Browncoats. Joss Whedon confirmed the other day on Whedonesque.com that there are absolutely no plans for a sequel to SERENITY and there probably never will be.
    Time is an illusion... Lunchtime, doubly so.

This sucks. Big time. And thats putting it mildly.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Excuse me while I go cry.

Comment

Im gonna go with the same as Descent "That sucks!". However, Joss only said

Originally posted by Whedonesque
        There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or somesuch and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. I've seen Nathan and Tim (and Summer and Alan) recently because they're my friends because I'm so, yeah, awesome. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow.
        So where did they get "never will be"? It only says that there arent any plans now, it doenst say there's definately not gonna be one in the future.

- Can't stop the signal -
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Joss said there is no project for a sequel. SOMEONE ELSE came up with the 'and never will be'.

There's no way there *would* be a project for a sequel at the mo, what with Joss busy doing Wonder Woman.

He's got a fair bit of name recognition now, but he's still "Joss Whedon of Buffy fame". Once he's done Wonder Woman he's more likely to just be "Joss Whedon". Then, "Joss Whedon's SERENITY" will be a bigger deal, and it'll be easier for him to get the sequel he wants.

I'm keeping optimistic

Madeleine

Comment

"So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow." Implies that it is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempis
              "So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow." Implies that it is dead.
              I definately don't see it that way. It was just his way of putting out the rumors and saying "No plans for Serenity 2 right now so stop spreading those rumors"
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

this is disappointing but i'll cross my fingers and hope that one day we will get a sequal

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  I definately don't see it that way. It was just his way of putting out the rumors and saying "No plans for Serenity 2 right now so stop spreading those rumors"
                  I got the same impression

- Can't stop the signal -
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

There is no Easter Bunny... And Santa isn't real either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempis
                      There is no Easter Bunny... And Santa isn't real either.
                      WHAT?!?!?!

Of course Santa isnt real, the Tooth Fairy told me that years ago! whats your point? We are believing something thats not there? Show me one piece of evidence to support what you're saying and I'll gladly eat Jayne's hat.

- Can't Stop The Signal -

Comment

I wish I could say I was surprised.

I wish I could say I wasn't upset.

I can still see sky, though.

Comment

Well that's depressing . . . : pouts:

Comment

Okay, here's the full story:
                            • Joss was seen meeting with some of the Serenity cast over the last few weeks. Fans began speculating that Joss was working out deals and stuff and that a new Serenity project was in the works.
                            • Joss posted on Whedonesque to squash this rumour, saying that he was meeting with the Serenity cast because he just wanted to have lunch with friends. There's no Serenity project in the works at the moment.
                            • The internet took this to mean that there's not going to be any more Serenity ever. People were upset.
                            • Joss then posted on Whedonesque again, comfirming that while there's no Serenity project in the works *now*, that doesn't mean there won't be anything in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                              Okay, here's the full story:
                              • Joss was seen meeting with some of the Serenity cast over the last few weeks. Fans began speculating that Joss was working out deals and stuff and that a new Serenity project was in the works.
                              • Joss posted on Whedonesque to squash this rumour, saying that he was meeting with the Serenity cast because he just wanted to have lunch with friends. There's no Serenity project in the works at the moment.
                              • The internet took this to mean that there's not going to be any more Serenity ever. People were upset.
                              • Joss then posted on Whedonesque again, comfirming that while there's no Serenity project in the works *now*, that doesn't mean there won't be anything in the future.
                              Good re-cap. Hope that solves all the panicy confusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X