This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can SGA jam the Wraith culling beam?

In Siege pt 3,Deadalus beam nuclear onto Wraithship hiveship, destory a few of them but in less than a few minute the Wraith can find a way to jam the Asgard teleport beam.

I believe the Wraith's teleport beaming tech is not that far behind Earth's Asgard teleport beam.If they can jam Asgard beam ,can SGA find a way to jam their culling beam.Earth has experience with Asgard beaming tech ,and SGA had also studied the Wraith culling beam .

Wraith Dart equipped with transport beams that sweep over the ground dematerializing every person on it's path,and their teleport device is small enough to fit into a Dart.The beams have also been used to transport Wraith soldiers to and from the surface of a planet.

If SGA can creat some sort of portable jamming device, it can help SGA team ,it is easy for a Dart to just fly above people and sweep them with their culling beam, and also send their troops into the city by beaming them onto the surface.

Earth got the beaming tech from the Asgard,but in such short time ,we learn a lot from it. Earth's BC304 can beam object as large as a high rise building on the ground into space from orbit.And Asgard sensor also enhance it's ability.
    On the other hand the Writh has been using teleport beam for a long time.

Originally posted by ckwongau
    In Siege pt 3,Deadalus beam nuclear onto Wraithship hiveship, destory a few of them but in less than a few minute the Wraith can find a way to jam the Asgard teleport beam.

I believe the Wraith's teleport beaming tech is not that far behind Earth's Asgard teleport beam.If they can jam Asgard beam ,can SGA find a way to jam their culling beam.Earth has experience with Asgard beaming tech ,and SGA had also studied the Wraith culling beam .

Wraith Dart equipped with transport beams that sweep over the ground dematerializing every person on it's path,and their teleport device is small enough to fit into a Dart.The beams have also been used to transport Wraith soldiers to and from the surface of a planet.

If SGA can creat some sort of portable jamming device, it can help SGA team ,it is easy for a Dart to just fly above people and sweep them with their culling beam, and also send their troops into the city by beaming them onto the surface.

Earth got the beaming tech from the Asgard,but in such short time ,we learn a lot from it. Earth's BC304 can beam object as large as a high rise building on the ground into space from orbit.And Asgard sensor also enhance it's ability.
    On the other hand the Writh has been using teleport beam for a long time.
    True they should look into it
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Just a guess but I believe the jamming field only prevents the beaming sensors from getting a lock on any point within the ship, thus preventing it from beaming as it doesn`t know where it will end up. That plus there are probably safe guards in place to prevent from beaming when it is impossible to lock on to a particular target/location within the ship and without some sort of lock the beams would probably be unable to re/dematerialize the target anyway.

The Wraith Culling Beams are different. They just pick up anything that is in their path. They don`t have the requirement of locking on to a target or location. Anything (organic?) that is in the path is just dematerialized, no sensors are involved in the picking up of objects, although they might be used when dropping them off.

If I`m right, the same jamming field that the Wraith use would not counteract their own beaming tech (which makes sense). However, some sort of energy field which interferes with the beam either by scattering the beam or preventing it from forming in the first place should probably work.

Comment

It's not the same kind of beam. The Wraith jam us from locking onto positions inside of their Hives and to beam stuff on board. Their Culling Beams beams stuff onto their ships.

We could possibly jam them from culling certain people within a certain range using certain disrupters, but it's not like we'd be able to use it to protect other people.

Once they figure out we've jamming them they'll send ground troops and then we're (and the people we're protecting) dead, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          It's not the same kind of beam. The Wraith jam us from locking onto positions inside of their Hives and to beam stuff on board. Their Culling Beams beams stuff onto their ships.

We could possibly jam them from culling certain people within a certain range using certain disrupters, but it's not like we'd be able to use it to protect other people.

Once they figure out we've jamming them they'll send ground troops and then we're (and the people we're protecting) dead, anyway.
          The culling beams are also used to 'beam' things down such as troops in 'Siege' and other episodes.

I think the only real way to jam Wraith culling beams is by employing ground-based shields which can protect a certain area but we don`t have this tech yet (as far as we know) and even if we did, like you say, they`d just send in ground troops anyway.
          I doubt any shield we made on our own would stand up against Dart, Hive or even hand weapon fire for long unless we based it off the Asgard shields we already have. Hopefully they`ll try this at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
            The culling beams are also used to 'beam' things down such as troops in 'Siege' and other episodes.

I think the only real way to jam Wraith culling beams is by employing ground-based shields which can protect a certain area but we don`t have this tech yet (as far as we know) and even if we did, like you say, they`d just send in ground troops anyway.
            I doubt any shield we made on our own would stand up against Dart, Hive or even hand weapon fire for long unless we based it off the Asgard shields we already have. Hopefully they`ll try this at some point in the future.
            There's the fact that Wraith Culling Beams seem to have limited range. They never tried to beam soldiers in through our shields.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              There's the fact that Wraith Culling Beams seem to have limited range. They never tried to beam soldiers in through our shields.
              Shields would probably treat the culling beam the same as it would an energy weapon discharge and stop it so its a safe bet that they probably can`t penetrate shields.

And the range is about as good as they need. Most human species in the galaxy haven`t evolved beyond bows and arrows so flying in at low range is the best way for them to pick up some fast food.

Slightly OT. Did we ever find out what that beam was that the hive ship fired from orbit into the middle of the village in 'Letters from Pegasus'. Some kind of planetary scale life-sucking beam maybe? Or just feeding their ships?

Comment

better question is, is the wraith culling beam able to transport on to hive ships, because we have a wraith culling beam technology avalable and if that can beam on to hives then all we have to do is match its freuqency or simply use it against them and we can beam warheads again.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

No. There is no way to jam the Wraith culling beam. It doesn't use a coordinate system to beam.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

another question is how do culling beams actually work, they seem different to all known transporters they may not be jamable (though i'm sure certain alloys could deflect it or that there are other ways to block it but what effect that would have on the person being culled is another matter imagine a dart sweeps over head uses the culling beam and when the dust clears you have arms and bits of flesh missing)
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

What I wonder is, what would happen if the culling beam only swept over half of a person's body?

POST 1000!
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                        What I wonder is, what would happen if the culling beam only swept over half of a person's body?

POST 1000!
                        congrates...i think a small section is all the beam needs to make a lock and beam up the whole person otherwise it would be pretty useless seeing as they move so fast they'd be missing bits of people here there and everywhere...
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1

When a Wraith sweep the beam , it pick up any human on the path ,but organic things like trees or grass are left alone, i suspect their beaming tech is not beaming blind , like Asgard beam it require some sort of reading scan process before dematerialize

The beam is targeting specific humanoid life form, what if we make some device and distort the the human bio lifesign.

Comment

i've often wondered how all the wraith ships now have the jamming code yet there is the supposed wraith icvil war, how did they all get the code?
                            ]

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor
                              i've often wondered how all the wraith ships now have the jamming code yet there is the supposed wraith icvil war, how did they all get the code?
                              the jamming codes were distributed before the war started

Comment

Working...
                              X