Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviews: Stargate SG-1 Season 9 DVD set (US)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviews: Stargate SG-1 Season 9 DVD set (US)

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...w.php3?ID=8968

reviews the Season 9 SG1 DVD set

excerpt:

The ninth season of Stargate SG-1 was a transition year that allowed the writers to take the story in a new direction. This change obviously invigorated the cast and crew, but it leads to the show's weakest collection of episodes. While the current 10th season does offer some improvement, the Sci-Fi Channel has announced that this offering will be the series' last. If you're a Stargate novice, this set would not be your best choice for an introduction. However, it contains enough worthy moments to please devoted fans who continue to support the longest-running television series in sci-fi history.

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...e.php3?ID=7218

offers clips

From Entertainment Weekly:

Stargate SG-1
    Season 9
    Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping
    Unrated, 872 mins., 2005--06

Call it the anti--Battlestar Galactica. Far less bleak and more accessible, Stargate SG-1 wraps up most story lines by each show's end; this is both comforting and captivating. And new cast member Browder injected much-needed life into a near-decade-old show.

EXTRAS
    Commentary on all 20 eps. Plus Browder's take on replacing star Richard Dean Anderson: "He's the alpha and the omega. And if you are not addressing that issue, then you are sticking your head in the sand and pretending to be an ostrich." B

Comment

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=24138
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I have to say, I'm really unimpressed that my Season 9 set (along with every other set sold here in Canada) now has FRENCH on the packaging. Not one of my previous sets has this, and it really wrecks things up. I'm a fan of Canadian bilingual-ness, but not on my bloody DVD packaging. What makes it all the more aggravating is that it's only on the box part--they spared us having it on the individual DVD cases. I very much doubt that Fox would be willing to send me an English-only box, so I'm probably going to have to Sharpie out the French, or else rebuy it in the US next time I'm there :/
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
          I have to say, I'm really unimpressed that my Season 9 set (along with every other set sold here in Canada) now has FRENCH on the packaging. Not one of my previous sets has this, and it really wrecks things up. I'm a fan of Canadian bilingual-ness, but not on my bloody DVD packaging. What makes it all the more aggravating is that it's only on the box part--they spared us having it on the individual DVD cases. I very much doubt that Fox would be willing to send me an English-only box, so I'm probably going to have to Sharpie out the French, or else rebuy it in the US next time I'm there :/
          It's in French too? Weird..

Comment

yup, I had the same french problem, but at least $41 canadian isn't that bad of a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
              Wow, two very glowing reviews. I'm happy to see that the general public is enjoying season 9 as much as I am/do. Some of the nay-sayers here had gotten me a bit down as of late

Comment

Commentary on all 20 eps? Did we aussies get rooted over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                  Wow, two very glowing reviews. I'm happy to see that the general public is enjoying season 9 as much as I am/do. Some of the nay-sayers here had gotten me a bit down as of late
                  Just makes me want the set more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                    Just makes me want the set more and more.
                    I know, I can't wait to get mine either. It's currently in the mail on it's way to me. I'm hoping to get it by Saturday.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just got mine today! Yummy stuff! Love the subtitles and play all (as mentioned before). Audio commentaries are good. Extras lovely (as always).

But...

Does anyone know if they are going to release a 5-case gift set? Or perhaps they did and amazon just sent me the slimline one? All eigth of my other seasons are gift set edition. I'd like to have it match

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                        It's great that somebody else reviewed season 9 at dvdtalk.com not the person who had reviewed season 8 last year and completely trashed Prometheus Unbound episode and Vala's character. I guess she didn't bother to watch season 9 at all this year...
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

i like the season 9 dvd so far i haven't watched all the special features yet but the oe for Ethon was good (region 1
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK
                            Commentary on all 20 eps? Did we aussies get rooted over again!
                            My copy of Season 9, which I've had for over a month now, has commentaries on it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

BYE
                            "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Working...
                            X