This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring Transporters In Atlantis

Why Are They No Ring Transporters In The City Of Atlantis??????????
    Atlantis Is The City Of The Ancients. The Ancients Are The Builders Of The Ring Transporters?
    Where The Hell Are They????????

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

I been thinking about the same thing as well,
    Remember the ring transport are program to find the nearest ring transport, I bet if they use the Daedalus's ring transport it can get SGA into some hidden secret chamber of of Atlantis.

Comment

Of course it's possible that it's part of the defunct range of technology that they didn't use any more, being as though they moved to teleporters.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

maybe there are rings but they were shut down because they used transports like FCB said
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I don't know about ring tranpsorters (although it would be cool if they found some in Atlantis! ), but I do know that from the Season 1 episode 'Hide & Seek' that
          Spoiler:
          the rooms they thought were storage are actually some form of combined lift/transport; which allows travel to upper levels close by in teleports people (from one lift/room thingy to another) about the city when they press a ceretain section of the map.
          Other areas of the city apparently require you to use good ol' foot power to get to & fro (looks like the Ancients were big on walking & low-impact cardiovascular exercise. . . ).

Comment

I'm proud of the Ancients for their love of walking - something alot of people could use more of

But damn..walking from one end of Atlantis to the other? You wouldnt have legs left! So its kinda phunky the Transporter doesnt transport EVERYWHERE
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

The lack of transport around Atlantis is confusing, but it does seem that the transports are made to go from the peirs to the tower. Maybe the Lantians were mostly anti-social except for a few that lived in the tower section. The remaining Lantians lived out their lives in their Peir working on whatever experiments they needed to, and only went to other areas of the city when their expertise is required.

This would kind of explain why each peir of Atlantis is designed slightly differently, as you population expands you must build on. This also might be the reason that 2 of the peirs are connected, maybe one was the weapons/offensive/defensive division while the one next to it was say the R&D section. During the wraith war the two grew and started working more closely together, weps on how to defeat the wriath (asurans) and the R&D side looking into writh DNA, hive structure, wraith social make-up, etc. THey got so invloved with each other that they actually connected the two peirs so they could easily walk back and forth between the two peirs to compare notes.

That or the 3 smaller peirs were not part of the original design of Atlantis, they were only added once an enemy strong enough to make them worry required them to add offensive weapons to the city.

Comment

They also could've used jumpers to move around the city, kind-of like we use cars to move around our cities. Remember that not only do the jumper bays have an open roof, but also that every single Ancient would've had the ATA gene and thus all of them would've been able to "take a jumper" whenever they wanted.

They also probably had personal (beam?) teleporters, like some important Asgards seem to.

Oh, and judging by their telekenetic abilities, I think there's a very strong possibility some of them could actually fly (or at least hover). I mean, if they could move other things with their minds... why not themselves?

To me flying screams advanced alot more than ring transporters. But maybe that's just me.
                Last edited by Randilyn; 05 October 2006, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I thought they didn't use teleporters similar to the Asagard beams because they thought it would affect their ability to ascend. It does seem that a great deal of their time and energy went into that single goal. I too would think that some kind of ring transporters would exist somewhere on Atlantis. I wounder where they would lead to.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

One thing that just came to me. At the 2 outposts we saw in SG1, they had to use rings to get to them. But in SGA as Atlantis was taking off from Earth we saw that the "outpost" was actually part of the city and when it took off the post detached and remained on Earth. Presumably to be a "safe haven" if the Ancients chose to come back one day. So rings were in place and used. But this brings up another thing, why were 2 chairs needed, and if there was a central drone depoistory in the city, then there must have been a secondary one for the outpost. If these outpost were "Battle bridges" for lack of a better term, then would it stand to reason that every outpost is the remnants of a city ship that picked up and left?

If so, wouldn't it also stand to reason that there is a 2nd drone armory on the planet with the buried city ship? If you could find your way to the outpost, which is where the ring transporters come into play, you could find millions of drones in storage that were never used because the city had its own repository. Not to metnion jumpers. The only problem is that you would need a ZPM.

Comment

That persuming that the city ship in tower did not make a crash landing, instead of landing on outpost. But if their is a out post on the planet then their more drones weapons to be found. I have a theory that perhaps the ancient use aguards type transporters to to move around the city, but they have to deactiivate and disconnect them from the atlantis when the wraith useing their computer skills and artifical intelligence programming and manage to hack through atlantis database and user their on tranporters to transport the wraith into the city. May be not, but this would explain a other part of why the ancients lost the war their cities were destroyed useing their own technology, atlantis just adapted to that tactic of invading ancient cities and thus the wraith kept under seige. Just theory and perhaps give a bit more insight into the wraith war.

Also this would explain why the closit transporters do spread right a way through atlantis, they were a new additction made during the war.

Comment

I think we will see a ring transporter maybe in Echoes or with the escape of the Ancients in Return II. BTW - Not all he Ancients returned to the Milky Way to escape the Wraith.

Comment

We've been through this already with several threads on the subject:
                          1) The writers want to keep the shows separate. It's not really a spin-off if you're rehashing everything.
                          2) The Ring Transporters are inferior to the Walk-in-closets. There's no way you'd die because you happened to trip into a walk-in-closet with half of your body still outside of it because it doesn't activate unless the door's closed. However, if half of your body's outside of the Rings, it gets cut off when the rings activate. Also, there's no way to intercept the signal (like Teal'c did with SG-1).
                          3) You really expect the Ancients to be used the exact same technology several million years later? They left for the Pegasus Galaxy "several million years ago".

Comment

somewhat offtopic but...the Odyssey has teleport rings, right? now does this mean they were able to reverse-engineer the ring transport tech (seems far-fetched) or did they just "transplant" the system from a salvaged goauld ship or something?

Comment

they probably just took the rings from abandoned goa'uld planets, if i mind right they use the goa'uld style pad thing to activate the rings on earth ships, so it probably just is transplanted tech !

Comment

Working...
                              X