in no particular order...
    1)Starbuck - the charcter is awesome.
    2)Grace Park - supportin' my fellow Korean
    3)cause its so frakking awesome!

what are your 3 or top 3 reasons?

1. It's a good show
    2. It's a good show
    3. It's a good show
    Time is an illusion... Lunchtime, doubly so.

Comment

1. Watching Adama in action teaches me how to be a real man.

2. Watching Starbuck in action teaches me how to be a real man.

3. Spaceships that blow stuff up...which teaches me how to be a real man.
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

1. Watching Tricia Helfer

2. Watching Katie Sackhoff

3. Watching Grace Park

Oh yea, and maybe because its a great human drama with lots of awesome battle action, but that comes fourth
        Last edited by Legionnaire; 02 October 2006, 09:05 PM.
        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

1. Katie Sackhoff (lol, and as 2 and 3 as well... ) (major drool.... aaah, what a gal!)

2. Good battle scenes, rela emotion, not ****e

3. What drama there is, is real, believable, not fake, and the actors overall are great. and great effects. (lol, 4th one there.)
          Vows are spoken
          To be broken
          Feelings are intense
          Words are trivial
          Pleasures remain
          So does the pain
          Words are meaningless
          And forgettable

All I ever wanted
          All I ever needed
          Is here in my arms
          Words are very unnecessary
          They can only do harm

Comment

Cos it's fearless, and can move villans to the moral high ground and heroes to the murky depths and back again and then somewhere else; and that's interesting to watch.

Cos it's exciting, and I want to know how the humans end up saving themselves from the cylons.

Cos the acting and production values are superb.

Madeleine

Comment

1: It makes me ask some really good questions of us as a ppl and me as a person - ie, could i do that, or would i run away scared etc.
              2: The wow factor. never before had i even considered that a race might grow organs to put inside ships, or that anything would have the ability to (and i categorise myself as a casual scifi viewer). The battlestars and ships i see as something that we would develop down the track.
              3: I'm really, really, really, curious to find out some answers about the Lords of Kobol, the origins of the Cylons, Where the frack Earth is, and just where the hell everyone's going to end up.

They're pretty good reasons eh?

Also, Tricia Helfer (sp?) running around in skimpy clothing and half nude in baltar's head is a good of a reason as any.

Cheers
              Aussie

Comment

1. Jamie Bamber
                2. Jamie Bamber
                3. Jamie Bamber

(I figured this thread needed some female input ). Oh yeah, and its a frakking awesome show!
                sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Only 3 reasons.

1- Quality of writing is beyond impressive. One of the best written shows currently on TV and probably the best written sci-fi show ever made.

2- Quality of the acting matches the quality of the writing.

3- Characters like Bill Adama, Saul Tigh and Dr. Giaus Baltar.

Comment

1) Mary McDonnell as Laura Roslin is fascinating to watch and exactly the kind of character that I relate to and draws me in. It's almost like she could walk into the West Wing as the secretary of education and be believable ... and than have to run the country when the world ends. It's that very political side of the show that I love and respect because it's often either ignored completely or done very badly in science fiction.

2) The writing does amazing things with my emotions. I literally get a pit in my stomach every time I watch an episode because I literally think they can do ANYTHING. I sit forward in my chair and find myself going, "no, they didn't go there... did they?"

3) The show makes me route for the good guys to do things that I would never condone, and feel sympathy for the bad guys and wonder if maybe they should win. I think emblematic of this was how I felt about Cain, I watched all her episodes on DVD and not in broadcast so I didn't have the four month break, but I spent the entire time going, "Kill the fraking b----!" But at the same time Cain was perfectly within her legal rights to do almost everything she did, and in the end I liked her and had sympathy.

Comment

Only three?

1) Fantastic characters, flawed but fascinating. They seem real, love all the grey areas that they wander into and the fact that they can be a little bit selfish at times (well a lot selfish for Gaius).

2) It's a pretty show; The sets, space battles, sfx, the actors.

3) I like that the writers aren't taking the easy way out (no dream fakeouts, no alternate realities, dead humans stay dead) and that they are letting the show and characters to change.

Comment

1. Interesting characters and situations

2. It's one of the few shows that actually takes chances

3. Cool Space Battles
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

1. Great actors...especially Mary McDonnell in her role as Laura portraying a strong female character!

2. Great artistic way of shooting! It's heaven for a Film-student...you got many tricks while watching

3. The whole storyline, with the link to our real world!

Comment

excellent writing (captain's hand never happened)
                            strong characters
                            katee sackhoff
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                              excellent writing (captain's hand never happened)
                              What do you mean by that? I take it you didn't like that episode?
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                              X