This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of ships in the fleet…

How many ships are left in the fleet? The reason I ask is that if ‘all this has happened before and will happen again’, then there will need to be twelve ships to repopulate the system at the end of the series right. There was not that many ship that jump into hyperspace at the end of Lay Down Your Burdens 2.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

well, actually 13, if you count the earth one...

Comment

The number isn't exact, but here goes:

As of "The Farm", at least 72 ships were in the fleet. Dualla said 24 jumped to Kobol, and Tigh referred to that as nearly a "third of the fleet".

Now add Pegasus and we have a minumum of 73. In LDYBII, The Cloud 9 and at least two other "cargo" ships blew up. I haven't looked at that scene too closely, but you can clearly see two others exploding.

The shots of the fleet can be deceiving most of the time. We never actually get a good view of the whole thing. In most shots, the Cloud 9 is missing, as well as a second botanical cruiser (one of these was destroyed in the mini). You can never get a good count, but I'm betting we'll get some sort of count by the time the dust settles in the first episodes of season three.
      Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I'm not convinced that earth is anything more than a carrot to keep us looking the wrong way.
        Originally posted by Chricton
        The number isn't exact, but here goes:

As of "The Farm", at least 72 ships were in the fleet. Dualla said 24 jumped to Kobol, and Tigh referred to that as nearly a "third of the fleet".

Now add Pegasus and we have a minumum of 73. In LDYBII, The Cloud 9 and at least two other "cargo" ships blew up. I haven't looked at that scene too closely, but you can clearly see two others exploding.

The shots of the fleet can be deceiving most of the time. We never actually get a good view of the whole thing. In most shots, the Cloud 9 is missing, as well as a second botanical cruiser (one of these was destroyed in the mini). You can never get a good count, but I'm betting we'll get some sort of count by the time the dust settles in the first episodes of season three.
        That's right 72... But there were no were near that many ships at the end of 2.5. How many ship are on the surface?
        And your right that will be a good time to let us know how many ships there are.
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

In some of the surface shots you could see the very small ships, like the one Roslin was hiding in during the coup. Thing is some of the ships are just so tiny. When flying with the other ships in the fleet, they are almost unoticable.

In the final space shots of LDYBII, there are at least 30 ships that jump. But we don't get a full view of the entire fleet.

And I was wrong about it only being two other ships in the blast, there were cleary three other ships besides Cloud 9 that completely blew up. And that's on the forground alone. We don't know the complete extent of the damage behind it and at the sides, but I'm guessing around ten ships in total were taken out. You can even see a small transport getting it.

The population of New Caprica was something like 39,000 in LDYBII, with skeleton crews on the two Battlestars and probably close to nothing more than pilots on the rest of the ships. Baltars "order" was that all civilians settle. Most of the population is on the ground, with maybe 2000-3000 still in the fleet. 8,000 dead from the blast sounds about right. I guess we'll find out Friday...
          Last edited by Chricton; 03 October 2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Nice! Thanks!!!
            Doze Out...

Comment

Hey, 2000-3000 was a pretty good estimate considering we know what the number really is now...

Comment

Originally posted by Chick Starbuck
                Hey, 2000-3000 was a pretty good estimate considering we know what the number really is now...
                We know what the number is??? I noticed it was missing from the credits, where is it?
                Frak! --Apollo
                Frak you. --Cain
                FRAK Me! --Kat
                frakwit! --Tyrol
                B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

No, when the two Adama's were arguing over if they should or should not go back to New Caprica, Lee said something along the lines of "the 2000 people hiding in those ships". As in those that were lucky enough not to be on the planet when the occupation started.

And I didn't even notice, but yeah, your right, the population count was not in this episode.

Comment

The line itself I forgot, but yeah, "2000" was mentioned in regards to how many people were still in the fleet.

Comment

You know what I just realized...and this is a bit off topic but when you mentioned the amount of people left...about 43,000...well that isn't alot of people. That wouldn't even fill a small football stadium. It just kinda hit me how few people are left. They REALLY gotta start making some babies!
                      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
                        You know what I just realized...and this is a bit off topic but when you mentioned the amount of people left...about 43,000...well that isn't alot of people. That wouldn't even fill a small football stadium. It just kinda hit me how few people are left. They REALLY gotta start making some babies!
                        Yea that hit me season One after I got home from a baseball game (Mets at Giants, GO METS!!) Really makes you think, billions of people down to a number not big enough to fill one stadium.
                        "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

Originally posted by Legionnaire
                          Yea that hit me season One after I got home from a baseball game (Mets at Giants, GO METS!!) Really makes you think, billions of people down to a number not big enough to fill one stadium.
                          Last time I was at a Mets game all I could think was "What a dump!"

They really gotta demolish Shea!
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X