Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone actually watch Firefly's original run on Fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone actually watch Firefly's original run on Fox?

...well did you?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Nope. Not many did unfortunately and like all good things that go bad, I say: just blame Fox.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Unfortunately no. I never knew about it till it was to late.
      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
      GateCon Attendee 2008
      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

No because I knew it was screwed from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
          No because I knew it was screwed from the start.
          You just love being a troll don't you?
          sigpic

Comment

no, i lived in europe at the time and we didnt get it over there.

Comment

Nope.....it was before my time as a sci-fi fan began.

Just blame Fox, just blame sci-fi, it's all fun and games.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                Nope.....it was before my time as a sci-fi fan began.

Just blame Fox, just blame sci-fi, it's all fun and games.
                I blame Fox for everything these days, it works.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  I blame Fox for everything these days, it works.
                  It does! For instance, they're already pre-empting House for other stuff (baseball I think this week), they did that so much last year and it pissed everyone off.

But they show Atlantis, so they get a few points back there. but then they lose a point for changing the time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    You just love being a troll don't you?

No I'm just saying look at Fox and scifi shows.

If Fox didn't mess it up in the first season they would have down the line like with Sliders. It's what Fox does, I don't even understand why they greenlight scifi in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      It does! For instance, they're already pre-empting House for other stuff (baseball I think this week), they did that so much last year and it pissed everyone off.

But they show Atlantis, so they get a few points back there. but then they lose a point for changing the time slot.
                      In this country, everything gets pre-empted for sports, heck, it happens in all countries, well almost all. Don't blame Fox, as all the nets do it.

As for the original question, nope, never did watch it on Fox when it was first broadcast, and I tried to "get into it" when SciFi picked it up, but I couldn't. I have no idea why, but I'll give it another chance. I love SciFi, so I'll pick up the DVD's and then watch the movie.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        In this country, everything gets pre-empted for sports, heck, it happens in all countries, well almost all. Don't blame Fox, as all the nets do it.
                        Really? I hardly ever watch anything from the big networks so maybe I just never noticed before (unless it's on CBC or occasionally CTV, we don't usually get stuff pre-empted for sports).

Comment

Seriously. If I fall down and break my arm, I blame FOX. I guess it just comes naturally after having seen them screw over many of my favorite (short-lived) shows.

I think I watched the first few episodes when they aired...but since FOX decided to completely discard using the 2-hour PILOT to kick things off, I was confused about the relationships. I remember being puzzled at the time, thinking Whedon hadn't done a very good job of setting things up...like we were just jumping into something already in play. Ha, I only learned later that there was a pilot episode, FOX just chose not to air it first..or 2nd...or any time towards the beginning or middle of its run. I think I got through "Train Job" and "Bushwacked" before giving up. Incidentally, not two of my favorite episodes...at least not the two that would have gotten me hooked.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Can't say I did. I was totally in the dark about its existence at the time. I've been a sci-fi fan since birth so I'm sure I would have watched had I been aware. I do love the show. Anyone remember what timeslot it had?

Comment

Yes.

I watched every episode that was aired during its original run.
                              "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Working...
                              X