This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings for 3x10 and 10x10???

Does anyone know when they will be posted? They should have been posted this past Weds like they always have....but nada.
    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

I wonder why its taking so long. I doubt its a good sign.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      Maybe sg1 ratings are a lot higer than normal and they don't whant us to know
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

^ Realistically it would be quite the opposite. They hold the ratings from the public when they are not too great.

Ratings haven't been this postponed since the aweful ratings of the premiers. Honestly, prepare for the worst.
        Last edited by Chricton; 01 October 2006, 09:46 AM.
        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Actually if they are high espeically for sg1, say 2.0 or higher then people at sci-fi would embarressed some what they have cancel a the show and so would not like to release, and would take their especially the guy that took the finall decision. Or they are bad but I doubt as have not the rating been improving for the last few episodes.

Comment

If ratings vastly improved the show would be renewed. I doubt there would be hesitation because they were "embarassed". They made the decision when ratings were in the toilet. What's to be embarassed about? They can't predict the future...

Comment

We also think that the ratings either stayed the same or grew better. The people from the scifi channel don`t want the fans to be encouraged by good ratings, so they don`t tell them to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                If ratings vastly improved the show would be renewed. I doubt there would be hesitation because they were "embarassed". They made the decision when ratings were in the toilet. What's to be embarassed about? They can't predict the future...
                Mark Stern and Sci-Fi have repeated over and over and over again that the cancellation has nothing to do with ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent

I'm guessing it's not a good sign either. Sci-fi will be offically posting CoT/Phantoms tomorrow and the next Monday The Quest and The Return ratings.
                  Maybe in eight days we'll know.
                  Last edited by LaCroix; 01 October 2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    Mark Stern and Sci-Fi have repeated over and over and over again that the cancellation has nothing to do with ratings.

Actually, I only remember him saying it once. The second time he came out with a statement, he said that the cancellation is not only due to ratings--it's also due to high costs. It's a combination, and a number of other sources have said the same thing.

On the other thread about the mid-season finale ratings in this General Discussion section, MediaSavant said that GW does not get their ratings info from Scifi. Scifi has nothing to do with it. GW has another source for the ratings. Either GW has them and just hasn't reported them, or GW's source did not give them the info yet.

Comment

Maybe if SCIfi didn't spend all their money investing in s**** non promising Scifi movies that suck ass 100% of the time, they would have more money to fund the stargates.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        The cancellation has EVERYTHING to do with the ratings. Shows with poor ratings get cancelled. They dont cancel shows because they "feel it's the right time". Dispite whatever excuses he offered, the show was cancelled because it was no longer performing as it used to.

If it somehow managed to get 2.0+ numbers again, you really think the show would remain cancelled? Possibly, but not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                          The cancellation has EVERYTHING to do with the ratings. Shows with poor ratings get cancelled. They dont cancel shows because they "feel it's the right time". Dispite whatever excuses he offered, the show was cancelled because it was no longer performing as it used to.

If it somehow managed to get 2.0+ numbers again, you really think the show would remain cancelled? Possibly, but not likely.
                          Just out of curiosity... how can you be sure that you're sure of the cancellation having everything to do with ratings instead of what Mark Stern said?

We may have no reason to trust the guy, but we have no reason not to. Why would he lie about it not being cancelled because of ratings? Sure I'm a firm beleiver in the "everybody lies" House-ism... But why would he lie about that?

And I doubt that him and the other network execs would withold the ratings to keep us fans from getting encouraged. These people aren't conspiring against us... are they?

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles
                            And I doubt that him and the other network execs would withold the ratings to keep us fans from getting encouraged. These people aren't conspiring against us... are they?
                            Sometimes I think they are...

But seriously, people usually don't lie without a reason unless there's something mentally wrong with them.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                              Sometimes I think they are...

But seriously, people usually don't lie without a reason unless there's something mentally wrong with them.
                              Hm... then again... I found this while trying to find the ratings on Google.
                              Source: Some Random Stargate Blog
                              Frak Off!?

Has anyone seen Battlestar Galactica on SCI FI Channel? I didn't think I would like it, but my friend made me watch an episode and now I'm hooked!!

Season 3 comes back on October 6th at 9pm. If you missed season one and two you can catch up with their recap special, Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far. You can actually watch the recap for free on several websites. Some of the sites I know for sure are Yahoo and AOL.

Trust me, you will fall in love with BSG. The show has received so much acclaim. I've seen ads for it all over the place and I can't wait to see what happens next. Be sure to watch on Friday, October 6th and help all of us BSG fans spread the word!!
                              Sci-Fi channel didn't think I'd notice the words "Advertisement" in fine print above an below it.

Bottom line, America
                              Sci-Fi channel is being espeically malicious and is now disguising BSG advertisements as blog entries from Stargate fans. Well I'm nost sure if you could call the guy writing the blog a fan... But they're still trying to trick people/fans/us, and I for one don't like it.
                              I'm sorry but that's just the way I feel about it... what do you think?

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Working...
                              X