Where did The Others come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did The Others come from?

Where they survivors from other crashes before the 815 castaways, former members of the Dharma Iniative or former employees of the Hanso Foundation?

What do you think?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Im thinking some of them arrived in similar accidents to Desmonds, Dannielle's and the Losties, while others had something to do with Dharma, anyway, Im sure we'll find out in S3
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
      Im thinking some of them arrived in similar accidents to Desmonds, Dannielle's and the Losties, while others had something to do with Dharma, anyway, Im sure we'll find out in S3
      You'll find out. I live in the UK so I will have to wait at least a year for season 3. Anyway, this a general speculation thread so if anyone else has any theories or guesses about who The Others are, then please post them here.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

[QUOTE=Billz]You'll find out. I live in the UK so I will have to wait at least a year for season 3. /QUOTE]
        I live in the UK too, I heard it starts here in April, but I imagine that it'll be brought forward, so I'd expect it around February/March here
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

apparantly the first 6 episodes will focus more on the others so it wont take so long to find out. I think im gonna try to see the episodes earlier this year.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Yeah, i think they're DHARMA Scientists, although they've probably got this Freakishly-Odd Twist to them.... As Always

Comment

well according to spoilers from the hawaiin preview of The Lost Premiere

WARNING CONTAINS HUGE SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST 5 MINS OF THE PREMIERE
              Spoiler:

The Others live in a normal little village/town and everything is normal until the plane crash which they see so Henry sends Ethan and Goodwin out to find and infaltrate the survivors. Then the camera zooms out and this little town is on the island !!!
              Last edited by Metarock Sam; 01 October 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I gather from the Sri Lanka video (has anyone seen it?) from the Lost Experience game, that the Others are under the employ of Thomas Mittlework, the guy who seized control of the Hanso Foundation. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

Yes, it IS real.
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch
                  I gather from the Sri Lanka video (has anyone seen it?) from the Lost Experience game, that the Others are under the employ of Thomas Mittlework, the guy who seized control of the Hanso Foundation. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPCCcXarkc

Yes, it IS real.
                  Yeah, it's a Great Video (Lol, loads of effort to find the glyphs), but still has loads of questions to be answered....

The Norway Video is kinda the conclusion to Sri Lanka's, but is it's own video in it's own right. So i suppose it can't really be classed as a proper Ending to it, if you see where I'm coming From!

Lostpedia- Norway Video

Comment

Thanks for the link Prophet. I would green yuou but I have to spread around some green first >.<

Comment

IF they are survivors then why the hell not leave the island if they known how which they do and they have a boat to escape with also, there is something more going on with these guys and they do not wish to leave prompting such questions as:

-Why do they not want to leave?

-What are they doing that is so important?

they don't seem to have anything to do with the button so they can't be there on the island for keeping the island and maybe the world safe can they?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                        IF they are survivors then why the hell not leave the island if they known how which they do and they have a boat to escape with also, there is something more going on with these guys and they do not wish to leave prompting such questions as:

-Why do they not want to leave?

-What are they doing that is so important?

they don't seem to have anything to do with the button so they can't be there on the island for keeping the island and maybe the world safe can they?
                        I'm thinking (atm) that the Others where DHARMA Scientists, they were issued with the task of Helping Protect the World through Various Means, They Failed to do so.

The Hanso Foundation then tried to cut them off & finish the program (a Mittlewerk said that the Project Failed in the Sri Lanka Video) but the Scientists wanted to continue on in other means (such as the 'Good People' thing). THF would have none of this, and thus left them to there own devices with-out any support.

For Some reason, Radinsky (sp?) & Kevin somehow carried on afterwards (I'm thinking somebody in THF tried to carry on the Program Still (Possibly Alvar himself, seeing as only Mittlewerk thought that it failed, Alvar still thought it might be successful).

Mittlewerk then began Supporting the New way of Saving-The-World (Good-People), hence how the Other's seem to be very 'intact' after loosing Hanso's support. Mittlewerk took over THF & began supporting them, but Hanso pulling soem strings to get Radinzky (sp?) & Kevin to push the numbers. Maybe even sending chosen people on Oceanic Flight 815 to help him carry on the Old way of Saving-The-World (The Numbers) & stop The Other's New Way (Good-People)....

Just a thought, kinda sketchy.

Comment

I am new to these forums but this was the first thread I have read and I must say I was very intrigued by some of your theories! I love this show and can not wait to find out more about the 'Others' although keeping us in suspense IS part of the fun I guess lol

Comment

Ok, this is going to contain a whole TON of spoilers for both TLE and the season 3 preimere so if you haven't seen it, or done the Lost Experience and plan to read no further if you don't want to be spoiled. (I still don't know how to do that "spoiler" hidden thing yet).

Here's the deal: in S3E1 Jack asks Juiliette (one of the others) if the Others are what's left of the Dharma scientists and she responds with:

"Well that was a long time ago. It doesn't matter who we were, it only matters who we are."

So anyone who watched that ep most likely got excited about that. She could of course be lying, which the Others seem to be so good at.

When it comes to Kevin and Radinzky, I'm fairly certain they were trying to manipulate a part of the Valencetti equation by altering the planets geo-magnetic patterns (that was all psuedo-science on my part). Thus the "saving the world by pressing the button" mandate. They were saving the world IF what they were doing changed one of the values in the Valencetti equation, but we'll never know now that the experiement has ended.

I'm not certain why Kevin was still there, after all we know he was in Desert Storm in the early 90s. I had always thought Dharma was shut down in the 80s. Furthermore, why are they still getting supply drops and who is delivering them?

Comment

Originally posted by robo_zuul
                              When it comes to Kevin and Radinzky, I'm fairly certain they were trying to manipulate a part of the Valencetti equation by altering the planets geo-magnetic patterns (that was all psuedo-science on my part). Thus the "saving the world by pressing the button" mandate. They were saving the world IF what they were doing changed one of the values in the Valencetti equation, but we'll never know now that the experiement has ended.

I'm not certain why Kevin was still there, after all we know he was in Desert Storm in the early 90s. I had always thought Dharma was shut down in the 80s. Furthermore, why are they still getting supply drops and who is delivering them?
                              The fact that there are still supply drops shows that the DHARMA Initiative is still going in some form or other even though Mittlework asserts in the Sri Lanka video that "The DHARMA Initiative failed."

I agree that pushing the button may have been part of changing the Valenzetti Equation. However, I think that enacting the failsafe may have done just that by discharging all that electromagnetic energy.
                              Spoiler:
                              Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Working...
                              X