• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Man For Himself (304)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304

Ben and the Others go to great lengths to keep Sawyer in line. When one of them is shot, Julia calls upon Jack to try and save her life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:07 PM.

I thought it was a really good episode. I dont know if I like the

Spoiler:
    second island. Does weird stuff happen there too? Is Jack being held there or on the original island? I'm guessing the original since he was in a hatch. Were the zoology studies being done on this second island, or did they just move the cages?

I suspected they had a sub, they boarded the sailboat from the water not the dock, but they weren't wet, and a boat might be visible to Sayid.
    "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Jack is clearly being held on the second island. They wouldn't have bothered to bring him in to try and help Colleen if he wasn't close enough to get there in time. It makes sense that a marine life research station would be on its own islet, though.

So, the plot thickens:

Our three prisoners were abducted specifically because the Others need them for one reason or another. They need Jack's skill as a surgeon, and they need Sawyer for...something. Perhaps revealed in next week's episode. Kate I think they just took as insurance to keep the other two in line; threaten her with violence and both of the boys will cave.

I guess I was kinda hoping to be proved right. My theory was that the Others are conducting some sort of behavioral experiment on the castaways, and they removed from the equation the three people smart enough and/or stubborn enough to jeopardize the integrity of the experiment. Now it turns out they just need a doctor. Kind of disappointing...
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

They need Kate to model their new Dharma line of clothing apparently.
        "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I really, REALLY don't like Ben. I was kinda wishing Sawyer would have done us a favor and pushed him off the cliff or something.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Great ep, though the pacemaker thing was really obvious to me. I wonder, if they are on a second Island, how the polar bears got to the Losties island?

I really like Juliet and Ben. Jack is getting better and Sawyer is fast becoming my favourite character. As for Desmond, how freaky was that!

An easy 9/10 for this ep
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Great episode.

Ben is truly evil and a manipulator extradonaire.

Sawyer was actually "sweet" in this episode. Love that Kate wouldn't leave when she had the chance.

Desmond is just freaky. What's with this precog ability he has?

Can't believe they're on a whole separate island.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Signal View Post
                Great ep, though the pacemaker thing was really obvious to me. I wonder, if they are on a second Island, how the polar bears got to the Losties island?

I really like Juliet and Ben. Jack is getting better and Sawyer is fast becoming my favourite character. As for Desmond, how freaky was that!

An easy 9/10 for this ep
                Polar bears are champion swimmers.

Loved this ep. Lots of nice twists. I liked that Kate brought back Jack's saying, "live together, die alone." A very nice contrast to the ep's title.

I wonder why Grieving Guy stopped beating Sawyer after Kate confessed her luv? I thought he'd a beat on him all the more.
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

A good episode. Some things were revealed (i.e. the sub, the Hydra island, etc.) and lots of questions were raised as well (gee, haven't seen that in a Lost episode before...). Interesting flashback from Sawyer. I did not expect him to be cooperating with the warden. Although, I did see the the fact the pacemaker wasn't real from a mile away. The Others have questionable motives but they're not evil enough to do that. Desmond's experiment was exciting and I look forward to where the writers are taking his storyline. I was dissapointed not to see Locke or Eko, but I suppose you can't have it all.

** 1/2 stars from me
                  Spoiler:
                  Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Wow, that was intense. I was worried that this season was starting a bit too slow but now it's picked up a bit. Glad Sawyer punched Ben finally.

Two Islands, it explains a lot.

***1/2 from me on GW's scale
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I though it was a good episode. I found it interesting the Jack, Kate, and Sawyer are located on another island. I wonder what happened to Jin and the other two (their names are a blank for me at the moment).

Next week's episode looks interesting.
                      sigpic

Comment

im really starting to like desmond alot, while he hasnt done anything major, the future seeing powers are gonna be interesting to explain

4/5
                        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

I've got it! Desmond will be the one to change the numbers!!!
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I also liked Kate telling Sawyer she only said she loved him to save him. Glad the Sawyer/Kate ship is going down.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                              I also liked Kate telling Sawyer she only said she loved him to save him. Glad the Sawyer/Kate ship is going down.
                              Or is it

Comment

Working...
                              X