• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tale of Two Cities (301)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    A TALE OF TWO CITIES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301

Jack, Kate, and Sawyer find themselves prisoners of "the Others" -- who are much more than they appear to be.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:04 PM.

I though it was a pretty Dry episode. You only saw Jack, Kate, and Sawyer (of the cast members). Everyone will be back next week, that's good. Kate looked hot in that dress.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
      I though it was a pretty Dry episode. You only saw Jack, Kate, and Sawyer (of the cast members). Everyone will be back next week, that's good. Kate looked hot in that dress.
      did kate choose who she wants (jack or sawyer)?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        Kate looked hot in that dress.
        Kate is always hot though.

I actually haven't seen this episode yet. I taped it. I'll watch it tommorow and share my feelings then.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

anyone know if they are going to put these on itunes anytime soon?

Comment

HOLY *bleep*!

Now that was a teaser!
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

wow...so much going on in this ep. and the Others...hmmm not appear to be what we thought they were.....yes, kate always looks good damm her...all I can say is cant wait for the next installment.

Comment

Wow! What a way to begin the season! Considering only Kate, Jack, Sawyer, and Ben "Henry Gale" appeared, it was a dang good episode! The first five minutes were incredible and were as good as last year's cold opener. Jack certainly made some interesting growth in this episode. Also, it was interesting to note that Ben didn't let Juliet in with him when he shut the door. Hmmm. Another interesting thing I noticed was the fact that the novel in the book club was a Stephen King, something Ben "Henry" mentioned while in captivity. The Hyrda was interesting, as was the animal station (are they the same? the symbols looked similar).

Overall, 3/4 stars (I've got to give props for pulling off an episode with only a few of the leads in it)
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

I thought it was great. Presumably the animal stations where Sawyer/Kate are, are somehow related to the polar bears, and the Hydra station where Jack is is meant to relate to the Dharma shark we saw at the start of Season 2. It's nice that it was tied in.

Whether Ben/Henry didn't let Juliet in because he's selfish, or if it was a setup to try and get Jack to trust her will be interesting to find out.

The fish cake scene with Sawyer was great.
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

It was ok. a little underwhelming but still a decent episode. The fish cake thing was pretty funny. Henry is still extremely creepy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I remember hearing some story about a behavioral experiment done long ago when a researcher locked a husband and wife in a room together for 18 days without food, then gave the husband a piece of bread to see whether he would eat it all himself or share it with his wife. I was reminded of that when Sawyer gave up his hard-earned fish cookie. He seems to have made some real progress, Sawyer. More so than Jack; the more the flashbacks reveal, the more f-ed up Jack turns out to be. That's the brilliance of the show, I guess: we get to know our characters BEFORE we know important stuff about them. That's why the revelation of Kate's crime was so shocking; the girl we came to know just didn't seem capable of something so calculated and cold-blooded.

Man, I hate the Others. Especially this new one, Juliet. They're all so damned smug. Although it turns out I was wrong about one thing:

Spoiler:

The DHARMA Initiative is still going on in some form. The Others are not leftover test subjects from some failed experient; they know what's going on in the outside world and even have some kind of contact with it. They're not subjects in the experiment; they're the researchers! This only raises MORE questions...gah.
                      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Can't really put into words how good it was, just pure magic!

**** Excellent!
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for more.

Comment

That Juliet seemed a little fragile there, in her opening scene. I thought it was creepy the way she seemed to lose it, listening to the song, and then, when the lyrics were"you can always go... downtown" she'd kind of brighten up.

Ben is certainly the boss of that section, but while he's obeyed, he doesn't seem to garner much respect - not from Juliet, anyways.

I liked the ep. I wanted Kate to fling the cuffs into the ocean, though. I know, she'd probably have gotten tazed for her trouble, but....

I wonder who roughed her up? And how? Her wrists looked pretty badly torn. Seeing her bound like that, in a dress, gave me a squicky feeling.
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Interesting episode, Ben/Henry still freaks me out. In fact all the Others freak me out. Why would they have a file with Jack's entire life? How could they know everything? Interesting that the Others put Sawyer and Kate together but seperated Jack from them.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X