• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow (604)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SIX
    ARROW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 604

When Lois witnesses an enigmatic thief steal a diamond necklace from Lionel Luther, her newfound penchant for journalism leads her to investigate the "Green Arrow." Lana's loyalty to Lex is put to the test.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:00 PM.

I thought the episode was cool. The Bow's morphing effect was awesome.

Next week's episode looks interesting.
    sigpic

Comment

This is a really good start for Green Arrow. I thought he was going to be as bad as some of the weekly villians, but he really shinned.
      http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
        This is a really good start for Green Arrow. I thought he was going to be as bad as some of the weekly villians, but he really shinned.
        ain't the classic Arrow supposed to be a "good guy" ? (or at least morally ambiguous bordering on the good)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          ain't the classic Arrow supposed to be a "good guy" ? (or at least morally ambiguous bordering on the good)
          YEah thats what i thought
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series yet, and I'm still thinking that S6 is going to be the best season yet.

The Green Arrow himself was excellent. I thought the CG on his bow and arrows was too cheesy but the way he was played by Hartley was excellent, as was the way Queen was played. The writers and the actor have really made the two identities distinct while making it believable that they're both the same person.

Also very juicy was the way Queen plays against Clark. We've seen way, way, way too many characters who get Kryptonite powers or some other special ability and use them for evil or personal gain, so seeing someone else with abilities who uses them for good was refreshing. But what I really loved was the fact that Queen was an active hero, rather than Clark's reactive hero. Like Queen said in the episode, Clark uses his powers to defend the people he loves from danger, but Queen goes a step above by actively seeking out people who need his help or people who need to be brought to justice. His actions straddle the grey area that Clark avoids and at the same time they make him a true superhero, and his actions and his counsel to Clark are just the thing the Clark needs to eventually evolve into Superman. And with
            Spoiler:
            Queen trying to form some kind of "Justice League" in future episodes
            hopefully he'll push Clark into finally becoming proactive in his use of abilities.

For the first time in the whole series (in my mind), Lana justified her status as a regular character. The way she so icily threatened the Doctor through a calm and sweet facade had me grinning like an idiot. Hopefully more of Lex will rub off on her in the future and she'll stop being the whiny D-i-D and love interest that she's been throughout the whole series.

Lois, who had me impressed right off the bat, was in fine form this episode as well. Again it's good to see the original comic characters taking steps towards what we know they're gonna be like, and it's extra compelling to see a parallel with a future character dynamic (come on, who didn't grin when she's telling Oliver that she'll unmask the Green Arrow?). The Lois/Oliver/Green Arrow triangle is going to be one to watch in the future: it's already so damn compelling, like the Lois/Clark/Superman dynamic of the comics and series and movies.

All in all, this would definately have to be one of the best episodes yet of the series. Several excellent story arcs have already been kicked off this year (as well as doing away - for now - of some of Smallville's previous story crutches) and if this episode is any indication, the Green Arrow story arc is going to form a solid backbone to the season and push S6 into being "Smallville"'s best season yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              This is a bit of background information for anyone that doesn't know.

Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Arrow
              Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) is a DC Comics superhero. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 (1941).

Dressed like Robin Hood, Green Arrow is an archer, who invents arrows with various special functions, such as a glue arrow, a net arrow, a boxing glove arrow, etc.

Throughout his first twenty-five years, Green Arrow was not a significant hero. But in the late 1960s, after he lost his fortune, writers gave him the unique role of streetwise crusader for the working class and the underprivileged. In 1970, he was paired with the more law-and-order-oriented hero Green Lantern in a groundbreaking, socially conscious comic book series. Since then, he has been popular among comic book fans and most writers have taken an urban, gritty approach to the character.
              Wikipedia is really good if you need to look up Superheros you are unawere of.
              http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Good ep. They had me thinking that Green Arrow was going to be another bad guy, but its good to see that he may become a recuring hero in future eps. Lois/Queen/GA is an interesting combo.

Im impressed that Lana actually did something this ep, instead of being there for looks...

The Arrow weapons were really cool too
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                  Good ep. They had me thinking that Green Arrow was going to be another bad guy, but its good to see that he may become a recuring hero in future eps. Lois/Queen/GA is an interesting combo.

Im impressed that Lana actually did something this ep, instead of being there for looks...

The Arrow weapons were really cool too
                  ^ i agree, finally lana is actually doing something rather than whining all the time..this is the first episode in a while where she hasnt irritated me...maybe she will become a fav character again..

I am also glad that they havent made the Green Arrow just another bad guy..he actually goes out and fights (for good) unlike clark who has yet to do so.

Comment

omg no one has been one here since last time i signed on to GW.....and that was forever ago!

Comment

Working...
                    X