• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zod (601)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SIX
    ZOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 601

Clark must escape the Phantom Zone and return to Earth, where the powerful Kryptonian criminal, Zod, has possessed the body of Lex Luthor and plans to reshape Earth into a new Krypton.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:00 PM.

Well Lex as Zod was a silly idea, so I'm glad they finished that off quickly.

On the whole, I thought it was a pretty cool ep. The demise of the FoS, a moment with Lois (gag), enter Jimmy Olson (LOL) and continuing shennanigans with Lionel.

I really enjoyed the scene tween Jor-El and Martha. A nice admission from Jor-El that he's not really the man with all the plans.

The Phantom Zone was a bit of a let down though. I really think they could have worked this into 2 or 3 eps and focused on the Phantom Zone, Zod/Lana and Martha/Lionel individually before wrapping it up. It was a great take on the PS though.

Wonder if all 4 of the prisoners are in South America or if Clark's going to go around the world in 80 days trying to take care of them.

Chloes out of
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I came home from my pool match to make sure the ep was recorded on at least one of the VCRs I set up as I didn't want to miss this. As for my thoughts:

Well they certainly wrapped that arc pretty quickly. I guess they had to lest earth become another Krypton. I don't like to look ahead too far (SPOILERS on the other sites) but it would seem that there will be some Phantom Zone Escapees to play with in the future. I wonder what form of menace they will take. (Please don't post any spoilers in here to that ragard).

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The Phantom zone was quite interesting, although it was too easy to escape in the end imo.

Jimmy looks like he might be an interesting character in the future.

Pretty good ep really
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I thought is was a good episode. Loved the Visual Effects, the season looks interesting. The Phantoms Zone was awesome.
          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode and admit those phantoms gave me the willies. I look forward to seeing them in any form of round up. I'm glad they've given Chloe another direction to lust in.

I was only in Patagonia, Argentina in January and I didn't see no ghost...

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode. I thought it had great visual effects.
              sigpic
              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

a pity Brainiac was destroyed though (it didn't look like it was the end of him judging from what was seen in S5 finale)

On the other hand Brainiac was too powerful even for a kryptonian (kryptonian powers minus kryptonian weaknesses = ouch) and these 4 phantoms might be a fairer fight for Clark. I'd surmise they possess the same abilities & weaknesses as a regular kryptonian

Comment

I'm thinking it was the light in the phantom zone that made CK vulnerable to their attacks (no yellow sun) and that they (phantoms) might have a much harder time if they would go after him here on earth, seeing as how they are non corporeal....thoughts?

As for Brainiac: Too much of a bad thing tends to be like too much of a good thing. (Does that make sense)?

Comment

A two quick quesions from a UK fan you hasn't seen season 6 opener of smallville yet.

1. Does Lex remember what happen from season 5's last episode, eg. does he know Clark is an alien or did he forget everything from the moment he returned from the black ship?

2. And please tell me Lana has found out Clark's super powers.
                    http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
                      A two quick quesions from a UK fan you hasn't seen season 6 opener of smallville yet.

1. Does Lex remember what happen from season 5's last episode, eg. does he know Clark is an alien or did he forget everything from the moment he returned from the black ship?

2. And please tell me Lana has found out Clark's super powers.
                      Nope (as to remembering anything) & Nope. You really couldn't have guessed this?

Comment

That what I thought, maybe everyone in smallville should start wearing crash helmets or something.

Comment

IMO Lana will never find out for real about CK's powers, unless she's about to die or something

she's not "the One". Lois is.

Comment

First let me just say that I love YouTube, I have finally seen the first two episodes of Smallville thanks to some one posting them up there and now I won't have to wait until next year to see them. Though I will still watch when they get shown here.

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            I'm thinking it was the light in the phantom zone that made CK vulnerable to their attacks (no yellow sun) and that they (phantoms) might have a much harder time if they would go after him here on earth, seeing as how they are non corporeal....thoughts?

As for Brainiac: Too much of a bad thing tends to be like too much of a good thing. (Does that make sense)?
                            It might turn out that the phantoms have all the powers of a Kryptonian and are able to posess people. Can you imagine that, people running around or flying around with super powers, that will be a big problem for Clark if he doesn't have that crystal on him that he got from the phantom zone.

And Brainiac maybe dead, but the smallest part of Brainiac can rebuild himself, so it will take a little time, but soon Clark will have to face of against Brainiac 2.

Also, why is there not a episode guide for Sneeze up yet?

Comment

And here I thought Clark would finally do the smart thing and take the far-superior-over-Lana-in-both-looks-and-personality Chloe.

Comment

Working...
                              X