• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good book...Inherit the Stars

Hey, has anyone read three awesome books by James P. Hogan:

1) Inherit the Starts (1970s)
    2) Gentle Giants of Ganymeade
    3) Giants Star

If you haven't, then if you can find them, I recommend them! They have some similar elements to Stargate, but much different too.

Basically, in Inherit the Stars, in 2030, the United Nations Space Agency finds a human skeleton in a space suit on the darkside of the moon; this skeleton is 50,000 years old. They find other bodies, some tech, and remnants of a base. Tehy name the skeleton "Charlie" and call his people, who predate modern humans, the Lunarians.

About a year later, they finda crashed ship on the frozen moon of Jupiter called Ganymeade. On this ship, which is about a million years old, they find tall aliens and animals from earth, incuding ancient humans.

I won't ruin the plot, but if you're interested, yo can e-mail me and i'll tell you more, or i can post more if you guys wanna hear more. These are really cool Sci-fi books that have great characters, Cartereque technojargon, archaeology, aliens, and...for being written in the 70s/80s, the author mentions cell phones, laptops, internet/the link, and other tech that we have now! Not bad for back then.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but this book is great. Too bad I start school next Monday cuz I won't much time to read for pleasure!

Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for another good series to read!

Comment

Sounds like good books. Just checked on Amazon, and there is a trade paperback that puts all three novels in one collected volumn. Here's the link for whoever is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...625483-1759937
      Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
      O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
      O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
        Sounds like good books. Just checked on Amazon, and there is a trade paperback that puts all three novels in one collected volumn. Here's the link for whoever is interested.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...625483-1759937
        Ya, that's the one I'm reading now; it combines them into one book and is really cool. If you like Stargate, you'll probably like this. If you like to read, check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
          Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for another good series to read!

You're welcome thor, old buddy. These books are awesome and in some ways are similar to stargate.

Comment

Working...
          X