X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release dates for SGA Season 3 DVD?

Hi

Does anyone know when Season 3 of Atlantis is going to be released on DVD?

Thanks

LL
    When I am free, you will be the first that I feed upon.

Okie dokie. I'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

I Love it!

Not for a LONG time. Season 2 isn't out yet in Region 1, and apparently won't be until January.

Comment

I found this on TVShowsOnDVD.com

This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be out in November, since season 1 was released last November, but that's not the case. We asked around and were told MGM/Fox is looking at sometime in January, though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any new information we can dig up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie 'licious
        Hi

Thanks

LL
        It will start to be released on DVD in the UK in either March or April.

Comment

We might not see it until 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzie 'licious
            Hi

Thanks

LL
            Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get season 2 until 2007!!

"This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second
            season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be
            out in November, since season 1 released last November, but that's not the case.
            We asked around and were told MGM/Sony is looking at sometime in January,
            though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any
            new information we can dig up."

URL: _http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459_
            (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459)

So probably 2009 for season 3? It's ridiculous!

Comment

eh, prion, I've mentioned it already, it's the 3rd post (2nd reply)
              sigpic

Comment

Still sucks though. I'd like an explanation as to why we get such a long wait.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  Still sucks though. I'd like an explanation as to why we get such a long wait.
                  That is pretty stupid to make us wait that long between the release of Season 9 of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA. I don't get it.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    That is pretty stupid to make us wait that long between the release of Season 9 of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA. I don't get it.
                    Probaley due to Fox taking over distrubtion, they didnt delay SG-1 but looks like Atlantis has fallen foul.

Comment

Thanks all. Shoulda said I'm in the UK. About to watch the end of Season 2 so was wandering how long I'd have to wait as I hate cliffhangers! Guess that's the point though. Condolences to those waiting on Region 1, it sucks to wait that long!
                      LL
                      When I am free, you will be the first that I feed upon.

Okie dokie. I'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

I Love it!

Comment

Since you're in the UK, the first volume would probably be released sometime in Q12007.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
                          Probaley due to Fox taking over distrubtion, they didnt delay SG-1 but looks like Atlantis has fallen foul.
                          The question is why? SG-1 is on schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                            The question is why? SG-1 is on schedule.
                            Maybe SG-1 was pretty much ready to go when Fox took over so they decided to release it as it was but with Atlantis months away they decided to re-work it so have delayed it.

Either that or they just dont like you US folk.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJones00
                              Maybe SG-1 was pretty much ready to go when Fox took over so they decided to release it as it was but with Atlantis months away they decided to re-work it so have delayed it.

Either that or they just dont like you US folk.
                              That is the theory I've heard among my industry sources. They believed that the SG1 Season 9 dvds were prepped early when they were putting out the thinpack versions of the first 8 seasons so they were assentially already done before the Fox turnover happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X