PDA

View Full Version : Release dates for SGA Season 3 DVD?

Lizzie 'licious
September 29th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hi

Does anyone know when Season 3 of Atlantis is going to be released on DVD?

Thanks

LL

ussrelativity
September 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Not for a LONG time. Season 2 isn't out yet in Region 1, and apparently won't be until January.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I found this on TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459)

This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be out in November, since season 1 was released last November, but that's not the case. We asked around and were told MGM/Fox is looking at sometime in January, though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any new information we can dig up.

IndianaJones00
September 29th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Hi

Thanks

LL
It will start to be released on DVD in the UK in either March or April.

HirogenGater
September 29th, 2006, 01:52 PM
We might not see it until 2008.

prion
September 29th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Hi

Thanks

LL

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get season 2 until 2007!!

"This past week we've received a number of emails asking when the second
season of Atlantis will be released. Fans have been speculating that it'll be
out in November, since season 1 released last November, but that's not the case.
We asked around and were told MGM/Sony is looking at sometime in January,
though a specific date hasn't been locked in yet. We'll report back with any
new information we can dig up."

URL: _http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459_
(http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6459)

So probably 2009 for season 3? It's ridiculous!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
September 29th, 2006, 03:47 PM
eh, prion, I've mentioned it already, it's the 3rd post (2nd reply)

Descent
September 29th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Still sucks though. I'd like an explanation as to why we get such a long wait. :sheppard33:

the fifth man
September 29th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Still sucks though. I'd like an explanation as to why we get such a long wait. :sheppard33:

That is pretty stupid to make us wait that long between the release of Season 9 of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA. I don't get it.

IndianaJones00
September 30th, 2006, 05:39 AM
That is pretty stupid to make us wait that long between the release of Season 9 of SG-1 and Season 2 of SGA. I don't get it.
Probaley due to Fox taking over distrubtion, they didnt delay SG-1 but looks like Atlantis has fallen foul.

Lizzie 'licious
September 30th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks all. Shoulda said I'm in the UK. About to watch the end of Season 2 so was wandering how long I'd have to wait as I hate cliffhangers! Guess that's the point though. Condolences to those waiting on Region 1, it sucks to wait that long!
LL

ussrelativity
October 5th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Since you're in the UK, the first volume would probably be released sometime in Q12007.

HirogenGater
October 5th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Probaley due to Fox taking over distrubtion, they didnt delay SG-1 but looks like Atlantis has fallen foul.

The question is why? SG-1 is on schedule.

IndianaJones00
October 6th, 2006, 08:03 AM
The question is why? SG-1 is on schedule.
Maybe SG-1 was pretty much ready to go when Fox took over so they decided to release it as it was but with Atlantis months away they decided to re-work it so have delayed it.

Either that or they just dont like you US folk.

Major Fischer
October 6th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Maybe SG-1 was pretty much ready to go when Fox took over so they decided to release it as it was but with Atlantis months away they decided to re-work it so have delayed it.

Either that or they just dont like you US folk.

That is the theory I've heard among my industry sources. They believed that the SG1 Season 9 dvds were prepped early when they were putting out the thinpack versions of the first 8 seasons so they were assentially already done before the Fox turnover happened.

HirogenGater
October 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM
That is the theory I've heard among my industry sources. They believed that the SG1 Season 9 dvds were prepped early when they were putting out the thinpack versions of the first 8 seasons so they were assentially already done before the Fox turnover happened.
Bah..there was nothing stopping them from releasing season 2 of SGA the same time as last year..If SG-1 was prepped early, then SGA s2 should have bene too.

pattirose
October 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
It would be be nice if they did what LOST does, release the previous season so the fans can watch it BEFORE the next season starts.

HirogenGater
October 6th, 2006, 04:49 PM
It would be be nice if they did what LOST does, release the previous season so the fans can watch it BEFORE the next season starts.

You mean have SGA S2 (DVD)released right before Season 3 started?

pattirose
October 6th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Not right before but a couple months before so there's time to watch it, plus it's good advertising for the new season. Keeps it fresh in everyones mind.

Pharaoh Atem
October 6th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Hi

Thanks

LL
to soon to know

Casanova
October 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Australian R4 Release Date for SGA S2 DVD Boxset (http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/788621)

29th November 2006
LMAO:) . As was with SG-1 S9 I will be getting SGA S2 months before my US friends.
And it comes with a free flashlight pen!

The Signal
October 7th, 2006, 04:27 AM
Thanks all. Shoulda said I'm in the UK. About to watch the end of Season 2 so was wandering how long I'd have to wait as I hate cliffhangers! Guess that's the point though. Condolences to those waiting on Region 1, it sucks to wait that long!
LL
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say Vol 1 of S3 will be released in April, but we wont have an exact date for a month or two yet

Angela V
October 15th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Okay I gave. What does a flashlight pen have to do with SG:A?

IndianaJones00
October 16th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Nothing at all, just the same that drinks coasters have nothing to do with Star Trek yet they were still giving them away with the Boxset.