This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men Discussion

I saw an advert for this and thought i'd ask for your opinons. The Ad was for X-Men 3 The Last Stand, now im not a fan of sequels but i did see this and the second as I used to watch X-Men as a kid so I do enjoy it, and i thought this one was a great watch, bit more story-line based and less actiony with about of characters touching base.

what are your thoughts on comic book to film thoughts and X-Men films?

Originally posted by Trooper
    I saw an advert for this and thought i'd ask for your opinons. The Ad was for X-Men 3 The Last Stand, now im not a fan of sequels but i did see this and the second as I used to watch X-Men as a kid so I do enjoy it, and i thought this one was a great watch, bit more story-line based and less actiony with about of characters touching base.

what are your thoughts on comic book to film thoughts and X-Men films?
    I was a bit disappointed with X-Men 3. Loved the first two though.

My biggest joy in the second film was how they managed to have so many characters and serve them (nearly) all so well in only two hours. There were some newbie X-Men who we got to know really well in only a small number of scenes, and the whole thing of someone being ally and enemy simultaneously is in a fair few films and stories, but was seldom done better than with Magneto in X2.

X3 had good aspects. I loved how the Xavier-Magneto antagonistic friendship was presented. I found Eric's betrayal of Mystique shocking (in the good way) and her retaliation very neat. I liked the SFX. But I thought there was a lot missing. Did anyone apart from Logan notice that Scott was dead? Even Logan seemed like the only reason it mattered was in case it meant problems for Jean . It felt scrappy, with everyone in different directions, compared to the two more streamlined earlier movies. When Colossus and Kitty were in the earlier films, their prescence was like a cameo, a treat for comic fans and a neat little moment of "oooh, fancy that!" for the uninitiated. But Colossus was underused this time and so were a few others whose names I forget, and rather than it feeling like we were getting a little extra ginger by having these characters at all, it felt like we were being shown the personas of characters who weren't really in the film, just hanging around.

And how fast can a winged X-man fly across a medium-sized continent?

The first film was good, the second better, the third a bit limp. It's a respectable pattern though, it sufficed for Star Wars and Godfather

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      I was a bit disappointed with X-Men 3. Loved the first two though.

My biggest joy in the second film was how they managed to have so many characters and serve them (nearly) all so well in only two hours. There were some newbie X-Men who we got to know really well in only a small number of scenes, and the whole thing of someone being ally and enemy simultaneously is in a fair few films and stories, but was seldom done better than with Magneto in X2.

X3 had good aspects. I loved how the Xavier-Magneto antagonistic friendship was presented. I found Eric's betrayal of Mystique shocking (in the good way) and her retaliation very neat. I liked the SFX. But I thought there was a lot missing. Did anyone apart from Logan notice that Scott was dead? Even Logan seemed like the only reason it mattered was in case it meant problems for Jean . It felt scrappy, with everyone in different directions, compared to the two more streamlined earlier movies. When Colossus and Kitty were in the earlier films, their prescence was like a cameo, a treat for comic fans and a neat little moment of "oooh, fancy that!" for the uninitiated. But Colossus was underused this time and so were a few others whose names I forget, and rather than it feeling like we were getting a little extra ginger by having these characters at all, it felt like we were being shown the personas of characters who weren't really in the film, just hanging around.

And how fast can a winged X-man fly across a medium-sized continent?

The first film was good, the second better, the third a bit limp. It's a respectable pattern though, it sufficed for Star Wars and Godfather

SPOILER **
      Mystique is a wicked character... shame to see her get shot with the cure, though also pleasing to the eye!

Scott thing was over seen and went past really quickly, no one seemed to notice let alone stop to care!

I did think that the Phoneix story line could have been a whole lot deeper.

I agree it was great to see so many characters in this one

Comment

Working...
      X