This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria's Been Duped?

Adria is an Ori in the flesh right? Or apart of them or somthing right? Does she know that the religion is false or does she really believe the Ori ascend there followers? Has she been duped or does she know the truth. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by Origin1981
    Adria is an Ori in the flesh right? Or apart of them or somthing right? Does she know that the religion is false or does she really believe the Ori ascend there followers? Has she been duped or does she know the truth. Your thoughts?
    I think the better question is will they re-ascend her should something happen.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I think she really believes the Ori are the good guys. She seems to really want acceptance and approval from her mother and wants her to convert to Origin more than anything. She actually debates with Daniel over the merits of Origin....I don't recall any Goa'uld ever doing anything like that. She's definitely been duped in certain regards. In Counterstrike (I think)
      Spoiler:
      she said the Ori told her that Vala had abandonned her and didn't want anything to do with her and she seemed somewhat surprised that that wasn't the case.

Perhaps Daniel and/or Vala will be able to make her see the truth in the end.

Comment

the way she keeps pressuring Vala to see the light has me thinking she's being misled by the Ori just like the rest of their followers. She is a Ori version of Khalek or a Kull Warrior, a living weapon given great powers to destroy her creators enemies.
        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

The Ori are obviously using Adria in a plan that she's not aware of. Why else would the Ori have impregnated Vala when there are far more devoted followers they could have used? Daniel and Vala may be using Adria's feelings for Vala to convert Adria but it's far more likely that the Ori are actually using Vala's feelings for Adria for their plans.

Comment

I don't think Adria has been misled by the Ori. Last episode (The Quest), she pretty much disqualified herself as being pure of heart when she told Daniel to take the Sangraal (which turned out to be a hologram). This indicates she knows what's really going on...
            sigpic

Comment

Adria is a Human-form Orii, as advanced - evolutionary & mentally speaking - as the Orii could make her without ascending her. She was created to lead the holy armies of the orii into the territory of the Ancients & give them guidence in a 'dark place', a 'beacon of light in the darkness' as they quest to convert the Milkyway to Origin.

I think the Orii hav programmed her with as much of their knowledge & their beliefs as possible - which may not neccessarily include the 'truth' as it pertains to what they really do to their followers when they did (i.e.: do they or don't they ascend them?). She is a living weapon & an intrument deisgned by the Orii to marshall their forces into accuquiring them victory & cheat the laws of ascenion so the Orii don't get their butts handed to them by the Ancients/The Others; as they don't want to enter the Milkyway & go head-to-head with the ascended Ancients until they can sap enough power from their followers to beat them on the ascended plane of existence & wipe them out for good. Like all good devout religious fanatics & cult leaders; she sees only what she wants to see & only what the Ascended Orii have 'told' her/programmed her with.

She argues the mrits of Origin & Ascenion with Daniel in Counterstrike, & precludes herself from the whole 'pure-of-heart' test to nab the Sangraal in The Quest (part 1); but this may not mean she 'knows the truth' or is deliberating covering things up from her followers; simply that she knows she is impure of heart, as she has done things, like kill in cold blood, which are generally not seen as virtues by most people's standards.

Remember that to the followers of Origin, we are the ones whom are vil & they are good; we are the ones whom have been lead astray & must be guided back to the path, or face eternal damnation & an ending to our existence when the Orii don't ascend us when we die (according to their religion & way of thinking).

Adria knows she must do terrible & horrible things to convert the Milkyway Galaxy to Origin & bring the entire galaxy 'from darkness into light'. The fact that when all is said & done, she believes she is doing the right thing; is what keeps her going & doing what she does (IMHO).

I don't think the Orii would deliberately tell her 'oh, by the way, everything we told our worshippers to beleive is a lie & we dont ascend them; just use them to get what we want - & while we're at, our are just a toll to be used in our plans for universal dmoination';as this revelation cuold wel ldestroy her pysche & send her isane when he finds out that all she believes in to be false & meaningless lie of the most hollow & empty kind. HAving our own figurehead recant her ways & go back on her holy mission wouldn't be very good P.R. for the Orii; ow would it?

Comment

She knows everything they know, she knows they don't ascend anybody and she knows the "story" that she needs to keep up. But it's pretty obvious that she knows everything.

So no, she is not being duped. She is the Ori. They wouldn't dupe themeselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                  The Ori are obviously using Adria in a plan that she's not aware of. Why else would the Ori have impregnated Vala when there are far more devoted followers they could have used? Daniel and Vala may be using Adria's feelings for Vala to convert Adria but it's far more likely that the Ori are actually using Vala's feelings for Adria for their plans.
                  I agree. The fact that they chose Vala of all people proves to me that they have some "greater" purpose for her, and likely it will be a doozy.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah, the Ori seem to be long term planners. But, I doubt Adria is being duped, and I doubt the Ori ascends anyone, why would they, it would be easier for them to let the people ascend on their own. I think they give all their followers some kind of knowledge, because when Daniel & Vala first went to the Ori galaxy, everyone spoke Ancient, or Ori, but now they speak English, or have the ability to understand all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista
                      I think she really believes the Ori are the good guys. She seems to really want acceptance and approval from her mother and wants her to convert to Origin more than anything. She actually debates with Daniel over the merits of Origin....I don't recall any Goa'uld ever doing anything like that. She's definitely been duped in certain regards. In Counterstrike (I think)
                      Spoiler:
                      she said the Ori told her that Vala had abandonned her and didn't want anything to do with her and she seemed somewhat surprised that that wasn't the case.

Perhaps Daniel and/or Vala will be able to make her see the truth in the end.
                      No, the (ascended) Ori didn't tell her that. It was the others in her army and the groups of Priors.

Even then, the fact that Vala is more than willing to "let go" (abandon) Adria to death should it be neccessary isn't so far from what they were saying.
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981
                        Does she know that the religion is false or does she really believe the Ori ascend there followers?
                        You're assuming that whatever the Ancients say is the truth. The Ori probably do ascend their followers.
                        sigpic

Comment

What if she knows that the Ori don't ascend their followers and that they are evil, but she cannot defy them because she will combust. Self preservation if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel
                            What if she knows that the Ori don't ascend their followers and that they are evil, but she cannot defy them because she will combust. Self preservation if you will.
                            She knows what they do, and she does it because she is them. She isn't separate from the Ori, she is one and the same, with every quality and every bad thing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                              She knows what they do, and she does it because she is them. She isn't separate from the Ori, she is one and the same, with every quality and every bad thing as well.
                              And how do you know this?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X