X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pets in the SGC?

Hi!

I'm curious about this. I was doing research for my fanfic, and found out that some military bases allow pets, under certain circumstances (ie: that the pet doesn't cause any nuisance, such as noise, degradations or aggression, that it's confined to certain parts of the base so that it doesn't get in the way, and that it's generally well kept and controlled). So, what of the SGC?

We know Jonas kept goldfish and left them to Daniel when he left. Okay, I don't see many problems that could be caused by keeping goldfish, except perhaps for large consumption of water (those were large, adult goldfish, IIRC, the tank was easily 50 gallons if not more).

What about Shroedinger, Carter's cat from Season 1? Where did he come from? Was he her personal pet, that she kept at home? If so, what happened to him during Carter's frequent (and often unscheduled) stays offworld?

Has anyone ever considered writing a story where a pet stays on base. Like Teal'c getting a cat, for example? Is it utterly impossible, or would there be a way around it (ie: if the cat is always kept in the person's quarters, or if another person from the SGC keeps it at their home part-time and brings it in to the base for visits, for example)?

I doubt that the SGC would allow pets unless it could went to the bathroom in a box. It isn't exactly a military base in the normal interpretation of what a base is. It is completly underground, except for the entrance. It is a top secret base which can only be accessed by an elivator and a latter. How would anyone walk it, they would have to go all the way to the top using the elivator which as you may know by watching the show takes quite a while to do. So to answer your question possibly depending on what the animal is.

Comment

Working...
    X