Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The return of Wash? Serenity spoilers

Now this kind of confused me.

Alan Tudyk stated in an interview that Wash will appear in other Firefly and Serenity-related productions in the future.

Uh...what? Well if this is true, I'm definately not complaining.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

where did you get that from?

maybe it's pre-serenity or maybe there are flashbacks. Don't think he really comesback.. I mean I hated when Joss killed him off but bring him back? Don't think that would work withing the firefly 'verse. I mean Buffy/Angel thingy yes but firefly?
    Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
    Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
    If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
    "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Theres so little we know about the 'verse still. Maybe possible cloning technology? I dunno, I got it off a site. Wish I had a link to the actual interview.
      sigpic

Comment

yeah we know not that much but I thought actually "Raising of the dead Wash".
        It's just the wuastion, why and who should clone Wash? But maybe Wash has a twin brother.
        Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
        "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Maybe the Alliance would for their own purposes.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't want Wash to "return from the dead", but I would love some flashbacks. His presence must be felt in any sequel.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind if he did. Wash was the voice of reason amongst the crew. Now what do they got for such a role? Maybe Zoe but shes probably still distraught after his death...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                I actually wouldn't mind if he did. Wash was the voice of reason amongst the crew. Now what do they got for such a role? Maybe Zoe but shes probably still distraught after his death...
                A return from Wash would be typical genre trick, I think that in Firefly once a character is dead, he has to stay dead. It's a contributing part of the realism of the show, it doesn't rely on the same genre tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  A return from Wash would be typical genre trick, I think that in Firefly once a character is dead, he has to stay dead. It's a contributing part of the realism of the show, it doesn't rely on the same genre tricks.
                  Yeah, I see your point.

I still don't like the idea of River being the pilot.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't want Wash to "return from the dead", but I would love some flashbacks. His presence must be felt in any sequel.
                    definetly agree with that. I'd love to have flashbacks or maybe a story pre-serenity (why I do keep saying this? ). I mean we actually started with a flashback sequence on the movie.

But please enlight my, of which projects do we speak? movie? series? miniseries? or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                      Yeah, I see your point.

I still don't like the idea of River being the pilot.
                      Really? I LOVE that idea! I think it's so lovely and perfect, it fits so well!

The final scene of Serenity is one of my favourites.

Comment

Crazy girl driving the ship? I dunno, I wouldn't of done that if I were Mal.
                        sigpic

Comment

i dont think wash should stay dead just cause i dont think it fits with the show, the whole bringing someone back to life thing. if it was buffy then i'd be okay with it, after all its possible within what the show was, but for me i dont see that as being part of the firefly world. i love the idea of wash coming back in flash backs, i really loved his character, and such a shame he died.

this information gives me hope that we will get more firefly/serenity- i really hope we do.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Okay, this might just be me, but with everything people have been saying recently, including this and Nathan talking about possibilities for the future briefly at something to do with Slither, not to mention the huge impact "Serenity Day" had, it all seems to be making a sequel seem very likely, its the 'versery this weekend, perhaps we will get an announcement?

Anyhow, I say, keep Wash dead, but definately have him in old vid-messages, in flashbacks etc
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yeah, there have been hints lately as to some future Firefly thing. Probably won't involve Joss much though seeing as how he's moving up in the industry.

As hard as I took Wash's death, I'm fine with him staying dead but then again...I wouldn't mind him coming back in some other fashion...

Spoiler:
                              Like with what Joss wanted to do with Doyle after he died
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X