PDA

View Full Version : The big irony season 9/10 spoilers

Pharaoh Atem
September 25th, 2006, 07:16 PM
season 9/10 spoilers

Does anyone remember the days when the goa'lud ships used to be the big scaring thing in the universe everyone used to be sooo scared of them. And trying to destroy one was very difficult if not impossible.

but now we have the ori who's ships are far Superior ships and tech and can cut through the gao'lud ships like butter.

so do you think TPTB have turned the gao'lud into a joke or at least cut them down to the point where there seem so insufficient and harmless like little bugs. I mean come on there now live on earth and are running major commercial industry's

Zatnikitelman
September 25th, 2006, 07:26 PM
If you remember in Season 8 Reckoning Pt 1 and 2. The Free Jaffa kicked the crap outta the Goa'uld making everyone see them (especially Ba'al) as the cowardice low-down thugs they really are. They haven't downplayed them, they've just gone with the flow. For example, saddam doesn't seem so big bad and ugly any more does he?

Pharaoh Atem
September 25th, 2006, 07:29 PM
If you remember in Season 8 Reckoning Pt 1 and 2. The Free Jaffa kicked the crap outta the Goa'uld making everyone see them (especially Ba'al) as the cowardice low-down thugs they really are. They haven't downplayed them, they've just gone with the flow. For example, saddam doesn't seem so big bad and ugly any more does he?
actually the replicators did most of the work the jaffa just did the clean up

DanJack
September 25th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I agree that they seem much weaker now as a whole, but I agree that it is becasue they no longer have a base of power. Think about it, when the Jaffa became free the brute force of the Goa'uld shattered. Initially, they did have great technology compared to the Tauri, but it was only because they stole that technology to begin with. Whereas the Ori have greatly superior technology due to a greater understanding of the universe (as evil as they are). :beckett: