This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whu do they always take the hard way?

My biggest issue with the return is that there is a much much simpler way to defeat the asurians avalable to us now. We have replicator distruptor technology, in orgional form and gun form and the asgard have larger scale versions.
    Why not simply fire a large AR pulse through the gate, via the gatebridge?
    I would neutralise the replicators in one swoop with risk to anyone and we know the pulse already goes through shields and iris's from reckoning. Even if the shield would have stopped the pulse we could have used mkcays backdoor to override that. A large enough pulse, say from an Asgard ship through the gate would be enough or even a scaled version of the orgional. if we still have dakara then we could easily use the gatebridge to fire on Asuria and do the same. We would have an entire ancient city to ourselfs and could offer that to the Ancients from the Warship in exchange for atlantis and 3 ZPM's.

why do we always take the complicated 'risky' solutions???
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

I believe you already know the answer to that.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I hate this excuse that 'we will get too powerfull too quick'...SO WHAT! the ancients couldnt beat the wraith how the hell is having extra bits of technology going to help us?!
      Also why do they need to nuke through the shield of atlantis, just use mkcays backdoor to nuke through the gate..and why send the deadalus, like its going to stand up to two atlantis's and an aurora class ship all by its lonesome!
      This is stupid, ARP Asuria and then atlantis and hey presto the lantian civilzation will return to it glory day within the year and turn the tide of the war once and for all, the athosian had it right but we got the plan wrong!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        My biggest issue with the return is that there is a much much simpler way to defeat the asurians avalable to us now. We have replicator distruptor technology, in orgional form and gun form and the asgard have larger scale versions.
        2 reasons

1) it is doubtfull the disruptor will work as is against the asurians (the asgards might have to make several modifications to it - for this they'll probably need a sample of the asurians nanites)

2) the show must go on

Comment

u now they should have used the dakara weapon from the beginning on the wraith and the asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            Why not simply fire a large AR pulse through the gate, via the gatebridge?
            I would neutralise the replicators in one swoop with risk to anyone and we know the pulse already goes through shields and iris's from reckoning. Even if the shield would have stopped the pulse we could have used mkcays backdoor to override that. A large enough pulse, say from an Asgard ship through the gate would be enough or even a scaled version of the orgional. if we still have dakara then we could easily use the gatebridge to fire on Asuria and do the same. We would have an entire ancient city to ourselfs and could offer that to the Ancients from the Warship in exchange for atlantis and 3 ZPM's.

why do we always take the complicated 'risky' solutions???

TBH does it really surprise you that much after over 10 years of this! It shouldn't because that's always been the way & I'm afraid it always will be. If the writers gave them it, then it'd actually have to make them earn their money to make the Asurans find a away around it.

If they don't & make the team look like asses again, then they can spend their time thinking up funny scenes & quotes for dedicated Lucius Lavin eps.

The Asgard owe the humans their whole race. Not only that but they have the most experience than anyone. Yet surprise surprise we don't even see a single Asgard anywhere in Pegasus or Atlantis that's came to help them out. Even to send a ship to test out their wave dusruptor pulse thing over a planet to see if that has any sort of effect on them. Why struggle, end up with a damaged city that they can't repair, have people die, perhaps ships etc blown up & so on. Yet it would only take a few mins to test out the Asgard weapon & see what happens. Besides after RepliCarter managed to adapt, the Asgard managed to adapt the pulse again as well. So even if it didn't work, they could still collect the data & go back to modify it.

When they do this, we could see how smart the Asurans are by having them counteract with a shield or whatever that prevents the weapon from having any effect on anything surrounded within it.

Far enough, they made it not be effective in the end. However most importantly they at least tried the smartest thing to do under the circumstances. I'm sure many fans like myself who wonder about these silly choices that the teams make week in week out would appreciate the eps far more & they may even gain more viewers. Not only older viewers who stooped watching but completely new ones who like to watch smart Sci-Fi.

They can screw around with trans-galactic bridges, set up gates to use a black hole to dial a supergate & so on. Yet can't ask the Asgard to see if they could come & have a little wahck with their weapon to see if it does anything..I mean c'mon!!!

Comment

I think O'Neil said it best when Daniel was dieing... We don't go running to our allies everytime one of us is in trouble. We're a very independent race. We want to learn things for ourselves. Remember when Marin was showing Sam how to build the naquadah reactor? Sam was having trouble getting it to work and Marin was going to show her what she did wrong. Sam stopped her and said she wanted to figure it out for herself.

The Asgard are probably more like humans than any other race out there. Yes, they're more technologically advanced, but they are a curious people. Their curiosity got them into the mess with the replicators. But the big thing that sets the Asgard aside for the Ancients is that the Asgard (or at least Thor) were not so arrogant that they didn't come to us for help. They admitted that they don't have all the answers. And besides, Area 51 built the ARG's by themselves and is working on the PWARW (planetary wide anti-replicator weapon) I don't think we really need the Asgard's help at this point. What's the rush? The Asurans have already done to our people what they're going to do. Let them build a few ZPM's and repair any damage to Atlantis that was done when the shield failed under water, maybe even get teh star-drive functional, then go in and zap them with the pwarw and waltz in to a fully-functional Atlantis.

All that being said I totally understand the Atlantis team's attitude. They had just been kicked out of their home by people who had abandoned it thousands of years ago. Then the local thugs come in and start pushing people around and take away the hope of ever returning. On top of that, their friends want to just blow their home up. I think in the same position I'd want to do everything in my power to take back my home. (And I think this goes to show that the Atlantis expedition really does think of Atlantis as home now instead of Earth.)

We've been told that "Atlantis will never be the same." after "The Return." What if Weir and the rest of the team, along with the ancients decide to declare Atlantis an independent colony? No more answering to Woolsey and teh IOA. Yes, I know , very Babylon 5-ish, but wiht SG-1's cancellation and full-time resident ancients they really have no reason to depend on Earth for anything anymore.

Comment

Actually, that was Daniel saying that when he was dying. Jack was all for calling in the Tok'ra.

Comment

cuz it makes for good watchin'
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I think it could definitly be on the cards, the whole SGA team save the ancients and then the ancients become a true allied nation to the ancients with altantis being the home of both the AE and Triaa crew.
                    Maybe this could be the dawn of a new era in the war agaisnt the wraith, with the ancinets returning we could be on the verge of a revolution.
                    with PWARW we should shoot asuria with the first test 100% screw going after their ship building base, cut out the heart and move in for the ZPM's with a strike team.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                    X