Something visual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something visual...

Alright gang, it's been kinda quiet here lately, and I can't really blame you. We haven't really been giving you too much to be talking about. But that shall hopefully change now.

I'll be posting a couple of concept art drawings here (that's right, finally something visual). Not all of them are necessarily finals yet, but I think they just look too amazing to let them just be available to us here behind the scenes.

The first picture was drawn several months ago actually, by Peter (TechnoWraith). It's the design for the command bridge of the Bellerophon as well as the Valiant. The two bridges would look more or less identical (after all, it would be the same set if we were a TV show). You can find this little drawing right here.

The second picture is a first design concept for a Draque Marauder ship, and it was drawn by another one of our concept artists, Beth (I'm not sure what Beth's GateWorld user-name is). This one you can find right here.

And here's an interesting little design for the Enoly space station that appeared in "Preemptive Strike" and "Revolution". I think it's definitely a unique look, and probably a little different from what you were expecting. This was also drawn by Beth, and it's located right here.

You can expect more concept drawing very shortly, including a very first look at the Horizon uniforms. I'll just say I love how the Vorian uniforms blend in with the Earth uniforms, while still having their own look.

With any luck, we should have the gallery section on the website up and running on time for Season Three. That way we'll be able to put up some nice things there (hopefully CG versions of the concept art); but until then, just keep an eye on the forum for new pictures.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Mmmm, visuals.

I must say I'm impressed with Beth's work, particularly the space station. Both the biosphere and the Marauder have a different look than I pictured at first.
    Last edited by SierraGulf1; 26 September 2006, 02:21 PM.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

so alex when does the prequel come out? hmm october is next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
        so alex when does the prequel come out? hmm october is next week.
        Shouldn't this be in the "Ask the Horizon Team" thread?

And yes, very soon it's October, which means very soon Season Three will premiere. And the prequel will come out about three or four weeks ahead of the season premiere.

Comment

Is that the biosphere, or a different Enoly space station?

Comment

Wow, I love that enoly space station... look like a mace. Great job guys
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
              Is that the biosphere, or a different Enoly space station?
              It's the space station that appears towards the end of "Preemptive Strike," where the biosphere stops to take additional Enoly ships on board.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                Wow, I love that enoly space station... look like a mace. Great job guys
                Thanks. And I can only agree with that. Those are some great designs. Beth and Peter (who also designed the Bellerophon exterior) did a great job.

Comment

Loved the Enoly space station - as long as they can build like that then all welcome our glorious alien overlords!
                  Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I really love that space station!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Me like

Comment

As promised, here are some more pictures, and this time we get to take an exclusive look at the Horizon uniform design. All of these designs were done by Travis (which is also his GateWorld user name).

This first one here is a regular Horizon/ISGC uniform. Not too different from Atlantis uniforms, but still different enough to have its own look. You can find it right here.

A slightly different version of the uniforms can be found here. The main difference is really just the color, which is a little lighter here.

Now, those are the Earth Horizon uniforms. As we all know, there's also the Vorian half of the crew, and of course they have their own uniforms. What you're about to see aren't Vorian uniforms in general, however. Much rather do the Vorians have their own versions of Horizon uniforms, which are designed to fit in with the Earth uniforms; i.e. they have the same color codes (red, blue, yellow, black and green).

So the actual Vorian uniforms, that members of the Vorian Command Council would be wearing, are again very different. I'm sure eventually we'll get to those designs too.

But now, let's have a look at what the Vorian uniforms on Horizon look like. The first picture can be found right here.

And another, slightly different version, is located here.

I personally really like how these uniforms look different, and still have kind of a similiar style. With regard to the two different versions, I kinda picture the first one as the Season Two design, which was slightly altered for Season Three.

Comment

Wow... Just wow. Those are simply AMAZING concepts. Especially the Enloy space station. And I like the Horizon and Vorian uniforms as well.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

I was impressed with the work of everyone in the art department. It took a while to get a dedicated crew going, but there's some pretty amazing stuff they're working on. The concepts and the uniforms look great, and they're much easier to visualize now.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Yea. Well. I've always visualized them as using something like the Atlantis Expedition uses.

My Deviantart|Seeing is Beleivging|Carpe Noctem|Atlantean Wars

Comment

Working...
                              X