PDA

View Full Version : sub-level 10, Generators.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Colonel Sharp
September 24th, 2006, 05:26 PM
The ground started to shake...it got worse and worse..

then..BAM, rocks and dirt came flying through the wall into the generator room, smashing into the infirmary's power the earth kept on going, smashing through walls, until it finnally stopped...

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/16/generatorstoragegymquakeez4.png

Colonel Sharp
September 24th, 2006, 08:34 PM
bump

Hulabaloo
September 25th, 2006, 07:31 AM
((So thats whats going on. ;) ))

Gen Blue
November 11th, 2006, 11:04 AM
<< from Control Room >>
"The air's a lot better since last night. It was like trying to see through a dust storm." He turned away from the dirt piled in front of the door to the Emergency Generator room and walked to the ventilator room. "Before we can start anything down here, we'll have to get the fans running. It's already getting stuffy."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/Jynjyr/Sig%20pics/holland-sig.jpg

Planetary_Alliance
November 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Adria was the last one to come down like normaly. It was just her style to bring up the end. "Need any help with the fans?" she asked Captain Holland, walking up beside him.

Gen Blue
November 11th, 2006, 12:13 PM
They didn't know it but, Holland was echoing Blue on the surface, "Nope, they're down until we get power. We thought of every contingency that could happen from above. We didn't plan on having the cables severed 10 floors below ground."
He tipped his head back toward the emergency generators, "Doc needs to make sure those aren't damaged, then we can rig a power take off to crank up the fans."

max_omega
November 11th, 2006, 12:39 PM
<Control room>

Rachael was right behind Holland when they emerged on sub-level 10, the air still smelt of rock and dust. She tried not to take to deep of breathe, everything she did she would resist the urge to cough. "I'll get right on checking them out."

She walked around the hall and saw the huge pile of rock that covered about one quarter of the level. "Looks like the main base ventilation isn't covered under several tons of rock. At least that is a start." She made her way over to the room and opened up the door.

As she walked in for the most part the room was in tact, there were some cracks in the wall and some cemet form the ceiling on the ground, "Captain, from the looks of it most of the damage in here is cosmetic. The fan system it will take me a few minutes to look them over."

She walked over to the computer and got the back up power on, the ventilation system has its own small generator in the room that will power the computer system but not the fans themselves, she worked on connecting her lap top to the system. She pulled up the schematic, and look them over than did an overview of the exterior, just to check for any visable damage. "Captain, I have gone over the fan system, they are completely fine, but the generator in here can't produce enough power to get the fans going. So well need one of the small naqudah generators. Once I get the ventilation system working I'll go check out the back up generators."

Planetary_Alliance
November 11th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Adria watched the two talk back and forth wondering if they actualy needed her down here. She reached in her pack and took out some antihistamine for her algeries to dust. "Doctor, Captain I have a physics and a computer science degree from Flordia state university. So please tell me what I can do."

She looked at the fans and just as Dr.Ezekiel had said there was just cosmetic dammage nothing that she could see besides that. Then she had an idea and tunred to the other two. "What if for now we ran a direct line from the main generator room. It might work but it could also over load the fans, and since I realy dont know the bases scamatis that well..." she trailed off. "Could it work?" she finished.

max_omega
November 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Rachael look at Cap. Adria and said, "I am sorry I didn't know you had those degrees. But your idea won't work for one major reason, you noticed all the rock at the other end of the hall, Main Generator room is underneath those rocks. The base generators channel massive amounts of power, the fans could not take all that power, it would overload the circuit."

Rachael look at her laptop and pulled up the power schematics of the base, "You see these power lines, they supply power to the base, they were all severed. But the secondary generators should be intact for the most part, I hope anyway."

"If we use a portable naquadah generator it would supply enough power to get the fans working again. If I give you the insutruction can you hook up the generator?" Rachael said to Adria, than turned to Captain Holland, "What do you think?"

Planetary_Alliance
November 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Adria looked at the schematics and thought. "Ok so first of all we need the fans working. So to do that we need a naquadah generator which they have on the surface so I could go get one of thoses."
Adria started pacing back in forth, the way she does when ever she has a problem she can't fix easily. "Then I think we should focus on getting the secondary generators online and making sure everythign is ok."

She looked at the schematics again and thought. If the wires are completly severed we might need to rewire part of the base. Then she finaly said. "And doctor Ezekiel I am sorry if I was a little rude a few minutes ago."

max_omega
November 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Rachael smiled at the eager Captain, "Its alright, sometimes I forget there are other people who can help. Before we start to do anything," she turned to Captain Holland again and asked, "we need to check in with the General, right."

Gen Blue
November 12th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Holland looked over and released the radio microphone, "Talking to him right now. I'll fill him in."
He beckoned to two of his crew, "Kasim, take Giordano and bring a portable down here along with a power inverter. Hopefully, Tyler hasn't commandeered both of them. Anything thing else, Captain, Doctor?"

(( Go ahead and play Kasim and Giordano. Fix the fans but not the base wide power. ))

max_omega
November 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Rachael thougth for a moment, "No, there is nothing else I need right now."

Kasim and Giordano nodded than went to retrieve the generator.

She than turned to Adria, "I want to go ahead and double check the whole fan system, to make sure everything is alright. Even though I believe most of the damage is cosmetic I want to make sure, before we go hooking up power."

ShelBel
November 13th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Jaime left the Captain and his little crew of base engineers, crossing the hall to the data center. The electronic key-swiper was, of course, deactivated and useless, but the door was shut and Jaime took that as an encouraging sign. She contemplated opening the door but dismissed the idea out of hand; the possibility of a pipe rupture of the fire-suppression system was too great. The room could be filled with halon gas, and opening the door would just let it into the rest of the level. Without ventilation, the gas vapor would just flow throughout the level and possibly cause dizziness and shortness of breath at the best; loss of consciousness and possibly death at the worst. The risk wasn't worth it until they got the fans going.

Sighing, she pointed her little LED flashlight through the safety-glass window and peered in. The racks of equipment were bolted securely to the floor at four corners, and although it was dark, from what she could see everything looked like it had weathered the quake fairly well. Only time would tell, however.

She made her way back to where Captain Holland, Dr. Ezekiel, and Captain Johnson were. A couple of SFs had shown up, toting a portable generator, and they seemed to be hooking it up to the ventilation system. Excellent.

"The datacenter looks good from the hallway," she informed Holland. "I'm thinking most of it made it through without damage, but we won't know for sure until the power goes on. I didn't want to risk the possibility of releasing halon vapor into the rest of the level, so I didn't open the door; once the fans get going that should alleviate that issue and we'll be able to go in and further assess the any damage."

She turned to Dr. Ezekiel. "What sort of damage are we looking at structurally? The datacenter looks good, but with that breach there's got to be some question as to the stability of the rest of the base..."

(( OOC: just a thought, but we may want to get some teams down here to start bracing ceilings and walls; I mean, technically, the entire base is sitting on the foundation of this level. ))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/shelbel/Sigs/rp_jaime02.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4576111&postcount=29)

max_omega
November 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Rachael had been going over some of the base structure outlines. "To answer that, from what I can tell the main support on the NW side of the base is pretty much gone. I checked out the gym and the NW corner of it was taken out. That is something that concerns me, because it is not a main support, but a secondary support." She turned to look at Holland, "Once we get the fans working again we can bring down a team to put up a temporary support in gym."

She look over at the SF and saw that they were nearly finished in hooking up the generator. She walked over to the power converter and made sure everything was in order "Alright, everything looks good. I am going to start them up."

She started up the program and monitored the system to make sure everything went smoothly. "We should give them about 30 minutes before we bring down anybody else." She turned to Jamie Taylor and said, "I's say the same thing before you open the datacenter room, but you probably were thinking the same."

"I am going to go and check out the gym, see if there is anything else I can tell about the base structure damage from in there."

Planetary_Alliance
November 14th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Adria watched the fans looking for anything that might be problematic. As the power charged and they started spining she saw that everything was in working order so she went over to join in the structural conversation that the Doctor and the enginer were having. "If you want Dr. Ezekiel I will go check out the Gym. Because between you and me you would be more use here. You know the wireing and how the generators should act."

Then she pulled out 2 tylonal. "Thank god for this stuff." she said taking it with a swig of water from her bottle.

max_omega
November 14th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Rachael had just walked into the Gym, when Adria came up from behind, she turned to her, "Alright, that fine." She had one of the SF had her a clip board, "Make any notes you deem important, if you have an question come ask me or Captain Holland, he is the base structure engineer."

She turned to walk out, she was actually eager to look at the back up generators, but turned and added, "I am sure you already know this, but don't move anything. I know I am stating the obvious, but I like to state the obvious." She than walked out of the door, check in with the two SF at the fans than headed to the back up generator room.

((OOC- PA I am going to PM you with what we know is damaged down here, you can work off of that.))

Planetary_Alliance
November 14th, 2006, 12:06 PM
"Hey anyone who states the obvious is showing true knoledge." She said to the doctors retreating back as she headed towards the most dammaged part of the Gym.

((OK. Should i do these post now in the gym or continue them here?))

max_omega
November 14th, 2006, 12:13 PM
((Just post them in here, unless Gen. Blue tells you to move them over there.

So we know where you are at. At the top of each post do this:

<GYM> ))

Planetary_Alliance
November 14th, 2006, 01:39 PM
<GYM>
Adria walked around the gym first looking at the equipment making notes. Damaged equipment 1.) 3 treadmills, 2 weight machines, 4 stationary bikes "Ok so most of the equipment survived." She said aloud to herself. Then she made her way over to the damaged secondary souport.

((OOC: Ok so incase you couldn't guess italics is what I am writing on the note board. And i will post the secondary souport damage when i can get on later.))

ShelBel
November 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM
(( OOC: Did Holland pass along the datacenter info, or does Jaime have to make the report herself? I'll edit if needed. ))

Seeing that the fans were running, Jaime sighed in relief. One more thing on the checklist taken care of. She turned to Captain Holland. "Sir, I'm heading up to my quarters to see if I can verify any data integrity on my backups. It should only take ten to fifteen minutes, at which time it should be safe to try the datacenter. There are spare keyboards, mice, and a few monitors stored in there that would be helpful in the Control Room once the power is back on; I'll bring a cart to load up. Once the power is up, it would behoove us to make sure the elevators- or at least ONE of the elevators- is in working order and safe. It would make moving around the base- especially equipment and injured- much easier. By your leave, sir." Jaime snapped a salute- she might not be technically military, but she knew her place- and headed off at Holland's nod.

<< To Quarters (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=6003316#post6003316) >>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/shelbel/Sigs/rp_jaime02.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4576111&postcount=29)

max_omega
November 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Rachael headed back to the back up generator room, she had alraedy notice that the door was partial blocked by rocks, but figured she could at least look in through the window to see what she could see. She look in and saw the damage to the computer interface, on the main back up. "That is going to be a problem."

The fans had been working for quite some time now so she carefully made her way to the door, she didn't really feel like falling on the pile of rocks and getting another concussion.

She finally made it in and tried to interface her laptop, but it was useless. "Captain Holland, the computer interface to the backup generators is completely useless. Before I can properly determine the damage. We are going to have replace the top interface. I can however go over the outer casing to see what kind of exteranal damage took place. There is any rock in here but a few piece of the ceiling fell on to the system."

ShelBel
November 15th, 2006, 10:23 AM
**"Captain Holland, just a heads up- I'm sending Colonel Harvey and Captain Matthews down. They've got authorization and a key to access the datacenter pending your approval."**

Planetary_Alliance
November 16th, 2006, 01:46 PM
<GYM>
Adria walked around the gym first looking at the equipment making notes. Damaged equipment 1.) 3 treadmills, 2 weight machines, 4 stationary bikes "Ok so most of the equipment survived." She said aloud to herself. Then she made her way over to the damaged secondary souport.

((OOC: Ok so incase you couldn't guess italics is what I am writing on the note board. And i will post the secondary souport damage when i can get on later.))

((I had a realy nice long post but my internet failed so sorry if this is a bad post.))

Adria finaly got to the northwest side of the gym after almost tripping over small chunks of rock. When she go to the wall she took a good look at it. "Well doesn't that suck?"

She asked the gym equipment. Then she started making notes. Three large cracks going out from the corner with spidering cracks runing out of thoses. Also severe cracking in the celling. "Well beter report this." she said allowed picking up her radio.

General Blue and Dr. Ezekiel this is Captain Johnson. There is some dammaged equipment but the realy bad news is that there is severe cracking in the celling and the northwest wall so we need to get a team down here now cause any after shocks might bring it down. I am heading to level 10 to meet you Doctor.

max_omega
November 16th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Racheal heard her radio, <Radio> "Alright, I was afraid of that, captain I am in the back up generator room meet me here." <Radio> She let out a sigh and thought to herself, This is going to be a long day.

<Radio> "Captain Holland, did you get all that?" <radio>

Planetary_Alliance
November 16th, 2006, 03:17 PM
"Yes doctor" Adria replied and worked her way down the stairs stoping have way down in pain. "Damn not now." she said quietly hoping no one would see her in the stairs.

Her leg was realy hurting her, the tylonal had worn off and she wasn't busy to take her mind of the pain. She sat down on the stairs and took her boot of. Her anckle had started to swell again and it was black and blue. "$HIT" she said louder than she had meant to.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 17th, 2006, 12:18 AM
*From Control room*

Matthews and Harvey made there way to the Sub-level. Things were in a bit of a mess down here too. Light's were out, and chips and rubble were sprayed everywhere. "Right, Colonel we need to find those items" Matthews spoke, still staring at the ruined wall sectioned and mess everywhere.

"We are looking for some locked cupboards are we not?......." He trailed off, whilst looking around for the locked containers, which contained the monitors and other important items.

tag: Somnium

ShelBel
November 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
(( OOC: Made a quick edit to the level 10 layout, hope Sharp doesn't mind... the locked cabinets are inside the Data Center, which is also locked. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/shelbel/level10_edit.jpg

Hope that helps! ))

Planetary_Alliance
November 17th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Adria arived right behind Matthews and Harvey. "Excuse me." she said sliping between them as she made her way towards generator room.

"Hello doc." she said very ceerfully as she came up behind Dr. Ezekiel, "It is a mess up there in the gym. So what are we doing here?"

Gen Blue
November 17th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Racheal heard her radio, <Radio> "Alright, I was afraid of that, captain I am in the back up generator room meet me here." <Radio> She let out a sigh and thought to herself, This is going to be a long day.

<Radio> "Captain Holland, did you get all that?" <radio>
** Copy. There's guys up top getting brace jacks ready to come down. I'm going up the elevator shaft to check the integrity. As soon as it's clear, they'll be on the way. **
Jim stared up into the dimness, thankful that there was some battery powered emergency lights. "Oh, why couldn't I have started at the top?"
He pulled on his gloves and started the arduous climb.

((I'm assuming that there's an inspection ladder inset into the shafts.))
<< to Hangar Bay >>

max_omega
November 17th, 2006, 05:20 PM
((OOC-PA the gym is on sublevel 10 same as the generators, you don't have to climb any stairs to get to where Rachael was at.))

Rachael was listening to Holland and radio back, <Radio> "Let me know when you are headed to the gym I will meet you there." <radio>

She turned to Captain, "The main problem here is I can't interface my lap top with the control panel. It is pretty much shot. I am going to see if there is a spare one in the data center once Jamie Taylor gets backs down here." She look at her notes, "Most of the outer damage is nothing, but once I can do a proper um..um.." Her head was hurting agian, she closed her eyes than opened them again and shook it off, "a complete compter anaylsis of the system, it will tell if there are any severed circuits internally. But I am optimistic that there won't be any."

She look around the room and said, "What exactly is your specialty in, you said you have a degree in Physic? What was your main study focus?"

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 18th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Harvey and Matthews stood looking at the destruction around level ten. Gawking at the damage, Matthews jumped when a someone polietly exused themselves between Harvey and Matthews.

"Er i suppose we make ourselves noticed to the team down here aye Harvey?" Matthews softly spoke to his superior.

((OOC im waiting for Somnium to take the lead))

Planetary_Alliance
November 18th, 2006, 06:39 AM
((Opps my bad. Sorry))
"Are you alright doctor?" Adria asked sincerely, while to herself she thought I wonder what is realy going on behind this thought exterior?

"Oh right my main study was realy quantum physics. Me and my best friend were going to work togeather on trying to find a way to create a Quantum computer that had more superpositioned particles than ones created previously." Adria said very happily. "Cuase when I was a kid I was very into information theory, theory of realitivity, and Nature. How it all tied togeather and how did black holes fit into the mix? What was out there waiting for us to find." Then she stoped for a second. "But I guess that won't happen now that my friend is dead, the earth is destroyed, and we are on a diffrent planet." she trailed off into her own thoughts about how she should have never joined the SGC and that she should have stayed with her friend.

Then after a few quiet moments Adria finally broke the scilence. "Why dont I go find out if they have gotten into the data center?"

max_omega
November 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
"I am fine, it just my head," she put her left hand up to the stitches on her forehead, "But I am fine. Go check out and if they have, wait for Jamie to come back and ask if she has a spare computer interface for the generators."

She looked at her notes, "I am going to finish going over the outer casing, but i have not found any significant external damage."

Planetary_Alliance
November 20th, 2006, 12:04 PM
((OCC: YO Somnium ever going to post.))

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 21st, 2006, 01:26 AM
((OOC ill take control of Sominum, if i mess anything up, ill edit out of it.))

"Come on Issac.", Harvey beckoned, calling over the young Liuetenant. "Lets make ourselved know to the team down here". Matthews gave a nod, and the two members of Sg-3 made themselves known to the Generator Team, Lead by Dr Ezekiel.

Harvey took the lead, Walsing up to the good Doctor Ezekiel and Slipped a sharp Salute. "Liutenant Colonel Hannah Harvey, With permission to acsess the Data Center, for some important supplies"

Liutenant Issac, stood abruptly behind Harvey, and gave a strong, repsectful salute to the Doctor, as Issac thought the roof would surely colapse on there head, and nerves were abit jittery next to so much destruction.

((OOC still awaiting Somnium ))

Planetary_Alliance
November 21st, 2006, 03:06 AM
Captain adria left the doctors presence and then walked over to where SG-3 and a few others were trying to get into the data center. "So have you guys got into the data center yet cause Dr. E realy needs another computer interface."

ShelBel
November 21st, 2006, 06:09 AM
(( AEM/Somnium- somehow Holland is in an elevator shaft, near the Hangar Bay. Just pretend you checked in and got his blessing, and get into the Data Center. PA- Adria can tell them what to look for and they can bring a spare interface out for her. NO ONE- and I mean NO ONE- is allowed in the data center without the permission of the Network Admin, and that is Jaime. I used to work in a hospital, and they had THEIR data center locked up 24/7- I can just imagine what the data center of an SG base would be like! :D ))

Gen Blue
November 22nd, 2006, 02:09 AM
(( This (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6009741&postcount=30) is when Holland left. Dr. Ezekiel in in charge down here. ))

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 22nd, 2006, 06:16 AM
((OOC okie dokie, posts checked and changed. moving on :cool: ))

"We'll be sure to throw a data interface to the good doctors way" Harvey sincerly replied to Captain Adria. "Once we get in, we will distrbute the equipement, as per Jamie's orders". Harvey managed to activate The Data room door, no beep or sound indicated that they had suceeded, just the large door swung towards the daring infront of it soundlessly.

Inside, the Hum of computers was quiet. Issac noticed that the Air-conditioning, probably used to cool the Electronics whilst being underground, was also non-active. Again, the earthquake had thrown things around like a rattle. Chips of Concrete and wires were visible and the place looked like a right mess.

Harvey and Matthews Both cautiously snuck around like a pair of bank robbers. Under normal situations, the data center was harder to get into than Fort Knox. "So... where looking for some cupboards....right" Matthews cooed quietly, as if not to alert any un-suspecting nasties. The room was only would of been a meter by say, three or four meters. "Here Issac" Harvey called out, as she had found some rather large set of cabinet doors.

Using the Key they had obtained from Captain Holland earlier, the Cabinet creaked open, and fresh, bubble-wraped computer equipment was visible, as well as some miscellanious recording devices.

"Go see if you can grab a trolley Issac," Harvey winced, as the sheer number of equipment could have you in the room for hours. "Oh and Issac... Pass this to Captain Adria, i think its the Computer interface"

"Yes Ma'am Issac meelky squealed as he handed Captain Adria the equipment and produced a puzzled look. "Do you possibly know where i can get a trolley Captain?"

((OOC tag: Somnium, P_A ))

Planetary_Alliance
November 22nd, 2006, 06:42 AM
Adria accepted the computer interface. "Yep this is the one." she said inspecting it to make sure there was no dammage.

"And as for the trolly Liuetenant I realy dont know." she said trying to invision the base maps in her mind. "Well level 9 is storage so there has to be some around there. but to get it down the stairs would take two people. Well I have to go bring the computer interface to the good doctor. Have fun." she ended sarcasticly and then made her way over to the generator room.

"Hello doctor i'm back." she said happily. "So you said you wanted a computer interface right cause that is what I got and I realy dont want to go back. So here it is." Adria hannded her the inteface.

max_omega
November 22nd, 2006, 03:04 PM
Harvey took the lead, Walsing up to the good Doctor Ezekiel and Slipped a sharp Salute. "Liutenant Colonel Hannah Harvey, With permission to acsess the Data Center, for some important supplies"

Rachael look up from the generator, she had forgotten that with Cap. Holland gone she was in charge down there. "You can lose the salute Colonel, I am not military. As long as you have permission, go ahead. If you need anything I will be in here, and Captain Johnson was suppose to get a computer interface device for me."

They walked out of the room and she continued her work.

"Hello doctor i'm back." she said happily. "So you said you wanted a computer interface right cause that is what I got and I realy dont want to go back. So here it is." Adria hannded her the inteface.

"Thank you, Captain." Rachael said taking the interface and inspecting it. "This exactly the right one. I am just about finished going over this casing again than we can put connect the new interface. We have to take the old one off. You can go ahead and start unscrewing the screws. It has 8 screws on the top and 6 on the sides." Rachael finished what she was doing the walked over to help Adria.

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 23rd, 2006, 01:05 AM
Issac scratched the stubble forming under his chin. "Where on earth will i find a trolley?" he asked himself outloud. Clicking the space between his ears into gear he decided to give Jamie a call on the radio.

<R> Liuetenant Matthews to Jamie Taylor, Colonel Harvey and I require a trolley for moving the equipment, any idea where to get one over? <R>
Issac clicked off the radio's receiver button, and awaited Jamie's Familair voice, probably of stress and distain for telling Issac five times what the instructions were.

max_omega
November 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Rachael helped get the screws out than took off the top panel, when they took off the panel it revealed five sets of colored wires, four colors blue, red, yellow, and black, running from the generators to the panel, "Alright we need to disconnect the wires and mark where they go so we can reconnect the new panel."

Rachael pulled out of her bag some wire cutters, white electrical tape, and two markesr. "Start on the right side, and I'll start on the left." She started to unhook the wires and pull off tape and mark them. Even though she had memorized these panels she always like to be double careful when someone unfamilar with the layout was helping her.

She had finished two of the sets than pulled her radio, <radio> "Captain Holland wanted to give you an update," <Radio> she waited fo a responds to go ahead than continued, <radio> "I am replacing the computer interface panel on the back up generators, after I finish that the computer diagnostic will take at least three hours. Once that is done and there are no problems we should have full back up power on. I'd say with out any problems four, five hours tops. If there is any major problems than it could be a lot longer, Ezekiel out." <Radio>

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 24th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Matthews waited patiently, for Jamie's return message. The familiar crackle of the radio fired up, and a very frustrated Jamie returned Matthews call.

<R>"Matthews, There should be one just to the left of the cabinets; it was tucked right next to them. It might have shifted in the quake, but it should still be in the data center. Over."<R>

Standing just outside the Data Center door, Matthews got a call from Harvey. "Issac, over here..." Returning to the small room, a torch revealed a trolley, turned up and a little batterd.

<R> "Rodger Jamie, i have found the trolly, Harvey and I will load up the trolley and return to the control room, where we will attempt to set up the console and await your next task, Matthews out. <R>

Turning to Harvey, the two members of SG-3 rolled up there sleaves and prepared to load the trolley.

Planetary_Alliance
November 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Adria took the wire cutters slowly. This was a new system to her and she was worried but she did her best not to look it. This was her shot to prove that she was going to be a usefull part of this base she though. Adria did the first set then when she herd the doctor's voice paused and decided to suck it up and ask. "Doctor did I do this one right?"

max_omega
November 24th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Rachael look over at her work, "That is perfect, just be sure to use the electrical tape to mark which set they are. Write on them first set on right."

Rachael had been wating for a response back from Holland, but knew he was climbing up the shaft to make sure it was sound and thought that he might not have made it yet. She than decided to move onto the last set in the middle. Rachael really didn't like to talk while she worked but felt it necessary to try and make the Captain feel useful. "So Captain, thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I know I am probably not that easy to work with, I tend to want to do everything myself, I keep having to remind myself that there are qualified people around here to help me."

Rachael than hears to click from her radio. <Radio> "Go Ahead." <Radio>

Captain Holland begins, <radio> "Thanks for the update, Dr. Keep me informed on your progress and let me know if you need any additional personnal or anything else." <Radio>

Ascended_Elite_mercenary
November 28th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Harvey and Matthews, contiuned to drudge through the pile of bubble-wraped electrical goods.

All was going well, until a burst cam through the radio. <R> SG-3 Head em up and move em out. Meet me at Blue. Oh, also, Lt. Valentine and Flight Sergeant Maclure get over here<R>

Giving a quick think, Harvey was again cut off by more radio. <R> "Ok, scratch that, meet by the F-302's, and bring your food and packs."<R>

Harvey gave a stark look, when the number three was heard over the radio. "Double time Issac!!!" Harvey belted out at Matthews. "We've got somewhere we need to be."

Finishing up with the equipment, Both SG-3 team members started to run with the Trolley full of gear.

Running outside the data center, Matthews watched as Harvey used the key to close and lock the Data Room.

Giving a call to the other team, Harvey raised her voice and gave a small wave to Doctor Ezekiel on the way out. "We're off now Doc, we are needed else where.... IVE LOCKED THE DOOR, ANY ENQUIRES, TALK TO JAMIE"

Harvey's voice got louder as Harvey and Matthews ran to the stairs and headed slowly to the control room heaving whatever equipment they could carry.

"Come on Issac, it will only take a couple of trips." Harvey called out as they jogged up the stairs towards the Control room.

*To Control Room*

Gen Blue
November 28th, 2006, 02:56 AM
(( AEM - The lift isn't working. No power. ))
(( Max Omega - Even if the backups are on line, the cables are cut. ))

max_omega
November 28th, 2006, 07:07 AM
((OOC-how do you explain the emergancy lights, they have to get there power from somewhere? Or do they there own small batteries to power the lights? I thought that the Back up generators had limited power cables on the north east side of the base? Just to provided limited power to the emergancy systems.))

ShelBel
November 28th, 2006, 07:21 AM
(( Most emergency lights have battery back ups. By now, I would assume that they'd died and whatever light we have is via flashlight. Don't know about the backup generators. ))

Gen Blue
November 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM
(( MAGNETS! :jack_new_anime18: Seriously, batteries power the emergency lights. The back-ups have some cabling but, not enough to handle the power load on the base. The computers still need 'clean' power. ))

max_omega
November 28th, 2006, 09:33 AM
((OOC- so I figure the back up generators can at least get the lights up just not the any of the computer systems working, yes or no?))

Gen Blue
November 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
(( Some of the lights and elevators. The Infirmary and Mess get first shot along with the hallways. ))

Planetary_Alliance
November 29th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Doctor It has been my pleasure to work with you.Adria said happily. Maybe after this we can get some coffe and maybe you can introduce me to some of the people on the base cause realy the only ones I know are on SG-9" Adria was finaly happy since the first time she had gotten here. She was making a real friend and having a good time doing something not fighting. Well i'm done with my wires. How bout you?

((Sorry for not posting sooner school and such stuff pluss I realy hadn't known what to post.))

max_omega
November 29th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Rachael finished up the third set of wires as Adria was talking, “Alright I am finished,” she put down the wire cutters and removed the damaged panel and replaced it with the new one. “Once we finish reconnecting the wires I can run the diagnostic on the back up system.”

She started to reconnect the wires, “To be honest, I am not really that familiar with most of the people on the base, unless they work with the engineers or help maintain the F302. The only SG team that I know all the people on is SG8, and that is just because my brother John is on the team.” She almost stopped what she was doing when she thought of SG8 and George, but didn’t “Of course I can introduce you to them when they get back from there mission, but that won’t be any time soon unless we get a DHD and the power to the base back.”

(OOC- it is alright that you did not post, real life gets in the way for a lot of us))

Planetary_Alliance
November 29th, 2006, 12:28 PM
"Cool. Hopefully nothing bad will happen to the teams offworld." Adria took a break and took a bottle out of her bag along with a small powder pack and poured it into the bottle shaking it up. "Isn't Ice Tea wonderful if you have a bottle i can make you some."

max_omega
November 29th, 2006, 12:33 PM
"Sure, I have some water in my bag." Rachael said connecting the last few wires. "Well now I can run the diagnostic, let's just hope everything checks out."

Rachael hooke up her laptop and began the diagnostic. "This is going to take some time. At least two hours."

Planetary_Alliance
November 30th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Adria took the bottle of water and poured the Iced Tea packet into it and shook it up. "Here you go" she said handing it back. Then adria looked over he shoulder as teh computer screen read 2% done. "I guess this will take a while." adria said leaning against a wall as her eyes started to droop, she realy hadn't slept well the night before.

max_omega
November 30th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Rachael took the bottle and took a drink and look at the computer it was barely at 3% complete "OH yeah, the worst part of this, most of the time I run the diagnostic remotely, from one of the science labs. So I can at least work on other things."

She walked over to where Adria was a slid down next to her, "I guess the adreline has worn off from all this fiasco. This will take a while feel free to take a nap if you liked."

Planetary_Alliance
November 30th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Adria started and a look of suprise came over her face. "I am sorry but yeah I realy didn't get a good night sleep and I have been takeing tylonal left and right for my ankle." Adria took her coat of and put it behind her head like a pillow puting the intar in her bag and slowly drifted off.

max_omega
November 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Rachael look at Captain, "Go ahaed, I actually need to head up to my quarters to grab my lap top. I will be back in a few minutes."

Rachael took another drink of the tea than headed to the stairs.

<Quarters>

max_omega
December 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
<Quarters>

Rachael arrived back at the generator room it was now at 25% complete. "Good, one quarter of the way there."

She grabbed the clip board with the notes from the gym room than took a seat opposite of Captain Johnson, and opened up her own laptop. It had a fully charged battery plus a spare in the case. She strated to look at the power layout of the base, to try and figure out what things they can power up with out the main generators.

Rachael started to make notes on what would be powered and what needed clean power.

Back up generators power these systems:

1. Emergancy lights, so once the back up are on line no more flash lights.
2. All the doors, so key cards can be used again.
3. Infirmary, includes main infirmary and other specific areas plus most of the equipment.
4. Science lab server.
5. Base ventilation systems/oxygen supply (The naqudah generator supply power to it now can be removed after it back ups on line.)

Main Generators
1. Gate system, anything that has to do with the gate other than the DHD.
2. Main servers, except science lab server.
3. Data center ? (Does this have its own back up power.)

Rachael leaned her head back against the her stomach started to growl, she than realized she had not eaten since sometime yesterday. She set down her lap top and grabbed her bag and got out an MRE and began to eat it.

She glanced up and the other computer it was now at 30%, "Well that is taking its sweet little time."

((OOC- would this be an accurate assesment of the power distrubition system, correct me if I am wrong or if I missed something. I figure I am going to have her replace some fiber optic cables, with in the back ups. ))

Planetary_Alliance
December 3rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Adria woke at the doctors return. "Oh hi" adria said and then turned over. This could be more comfirtable adria thought but when she herd the wraper of the MRE she turned over and sat up "35% done well atleast thats some thing. Hey happen to got anymore of those" Adria continued motioning to the MRE.

max_omega
December 3rd, 2006, 02:41 PM
Rachael pulled another one out of her bag and threw it over to Adria, "Here you go. Did you have a nice nap?"

Gen Blue
December 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
(( You're good on the assessment. Yes, some cables will have to be re-run from the back-ups. ))

max_omega
December 3rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
((OOC- thanks Blue. I just don't want to get confused again on what powers what around here. What about the communications array where is that located? Should probably go check that out.))

Planetary_Alliance
December 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Rachael pulled another one out of her bag and threw it over to Adria, "Here you go. Did you have a nice nap?"
Adria caught the MRE and oppend it. "yeah thanks for letting me" then she glanced at the computer 40% done. "Man this computer is taking its SWEET," she stressed the word, "time."

max_omega
December 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM
"Yes well, I would rather it takes its time than turn the generators on and them blow up." Rachael said with a smile. She than went back to her lap top.

max_omega
December 10th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Rachael had been staring at her laptop for about an hour, she glanced up at the diagnostic, "Well its at 80% now, it should only be another forty minutes, possible less."

Rachael leaned her head back against the wall and closed her eyes, she knew she could not sleep, but her eyes were tired of staring at the computer screen. She relaxed her mind and began to search through the memories of the Ancient Alex in her mind. She took a deep breathe than let it out.

Her mind began to wander through the memories that she had seen thousands of times before. She always felt comfront when she look through the eyes of Alex.

Her mind stopped at the memory Alex in a small ship above earth.

A smile emerged on Rachael face as she saw the blue marble in the sky, even though she knew it was not the earth she grew up on she still loved seeing that image in her mind. She just froze that image in her mind as she passed the time until the diagnostic was done.

max_omega
December 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Rachael held onto the image of earth in her mind, but eventually it faded and other memories surfaced to her conscious mind. She had been sitting there for about an hour when she opened her eyes and look at the computer it was at 98% complete.

She stood up and walked over to the generator, she turned and said to Adria, “It’s almost done, 99%, the moment of truth is upon us.”

The analysis reached 100% and a dialogue popped up,

“Would you like to review the reports?”
Yes or No
She clicked yes and the report popped up, she look at the screen it had several sub-reports she had to review. Rachael began to look through them one at a time, “So far so good, one report left to go.” The power supply report was last, she clicked on it and looked through it, and her expression did not change much. “Well we only one minor problem before we can get these up and running, two of the fiber optic cables were fried during a power surge. It looks like back-up 3 section 3.”

She walked over to the generator, “Well sections 1 and 5 are on the top, she knealt down on the ground, here is section two. She got down on the ground and look under the generator, found section 3.” She stood back up and walked over to her bag and picked it up, “Figures it had to be the section that is hardest to get to.”
She took a drink of some tea; it was hot but still good. She stood there holding her bag for a second, than turned to Adria, “I don’t have any fiber optic cables in here, I think there are some in the data center, but no one is there now.”
She pulled out her radio, <radio> “Dr. Ezekiel to Jamie Taylor,” <radio>she waited for a response.

After she got one, <radio> “I wanted your permission to go into the data center, I need to get a role of fiber optic cables. “ <radio>

((OOC-PA-feel free to back track.))

Planetary_Alliance
December 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
"Sweet" adria said. SHe got up and read the reports over the Doctors shoulder.

After Rachel found section 3 adria had no choice but to laugh. "yeah its ironic since we just sat all that time now we have to work. And as for the cable i dont cary it in my pockets so yeah we have to get it out of the data center."

Adria waited till Dr. Ezekiel had finished talking over the radio and then said. "I will go over by the data center and wait for someone to come with the key what do you think?"

ShelBel
December 14th, 2006, 05:50 AM
She pulled out her radio, <radio> “Dr. Ezekiel to Jamie Taylor,” <radio>she waited for a response.

After she got one, <radio> “I wanted your permission to go into the data center, I need to get a role of fiber optic cables. “ <radio>

(( X-post from Control Room ))

"Roger, Dr. Ezekiel. I'll send someone down with a key."

(( Jaime is sending down Lt. Finch with the key for the datacenter, since only Jaime and her IT team have security card access to it. Make sure you fill out the visitors sign-in/out log for the room and the necessary inventory paperwork on your cables. ;) I hope you've got all the needed equipment to make the cables you need; trust me, fiber is difficult to work with and you need lots of special stuff. It sure ain't like making ethernet/computer cabling, that's for sure! :lol: ))

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/shelbel/Sigs/rp_jaime04.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=4576111&postcount=29)

max_omega
December 14th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Racheal waited for Jamie to respond, <radio>"Thanks Jamie." <radio>

She than turned to Cap. Johnson, "Go and get the a six foot long cable, and grab the tool box that says REA, engineering. Be sure to sign the sign in sheet in your name, and put my name as your supervisor. ANd mark what you take out."

Domavatus Vestul Motabilium
December 17th, 2006, 08:05 PM
<<From Control Room>>

Finch arrives at Level 10 worked up and energized having just double timed down 8 Levels worth of stairs.

"Dr. Ezikiel?!? Anybody home down here?"

Walking around a corner he nearly bowls right over Adria. Backpedaling a step or two to get out of her personal space he tries to calm himself down before he hurts someone, or himself.

"So sorry, Jaime sent me down with the data center key, said the people working down here would be needing it. Oh and she also wanted me to remind you to sign for anything you take out."

max_omega
December 18th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Rachael heard the Lt. call and than heard him talking to Cap. Johnson, she was about to get on the ground but stepped out of the generator room for a second, "Lt. Finch, Captain Johnson knows what I need."

December 18th, 2006, 05:18 AM
"Ah, perfect then." Finch reaches into his jacket to retreive the key and hands it over to Adria. "Hate to drop the key and run, but i've got to meet Dr. Winchester in the infirmary to run final inspection so med. staff can start moving patients. Good day ladies!" Having just run down 8 levels, Finch turns back into the stairwell to go back up to the infirmary 2 levels back up. 'I really need to get over this thing with elevators, much more of this and my legs are going to mutiny, or just fall off.'

<<To Infirmary, level 8>>

Gen Blue
December 18th, 2006, 08:34 AM
<< On the stairwell, between levels 9 & 10 >>

Nick was getting into the rhythm of galloping down the stairs and swinging around the corner by the handrails. Unfortunately, his own noise prevented him from hearing someone burst through the door on level 10 and start galloping UP the stairs. Coming face to face with the Chaplain was the last thing he expected.
"JE-SUS CHRIST," he shouted, grabbing at the handrail to stop his momentum and not knock Finch back down the stairs.

max_omega
December 18th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Rachael had went back into the generator room and laid down on the floor trying to get the screws loose on the bottom panel when she heard the shout of some one and almost hit her head on the generator trying to get up.

"You don't need another concussion," she yelled at herself in her head. She stood up rather slowing and had to catch her balance.

Planetary_Alliance
December 18th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Adria took the key went over and oppened up the data center. She singed in marking the time she went in and put Dr. Rachel Ezekiel as her suppervisor. Then she went digging for the cable, thankfully she found a pice that was already cut into a six foot piece. finding the REA kit was harder but she found it and signed that she had taken it and signed the time out box and looked up. She took the stuff back to the Doctor. "I got it" adria said. "Now how can i help?"

((OK so i am pissed cause i am on dial up thats why i havent been on latly cause it takes to damn long to load. I will try to post atleast twice more before christmas and any other times I can but if i cant do what you need to with my charecter.))

December 18th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Half way up the stairs between levels 9 and 10 Finch turns onto the landing only to find someone else moving just as fast as him in the opposite direction. He skitters sideways and backwards, nearly going head over heels backwards, back down to level 10 but manages to find the railing instead of the stairs. "Yikes! You know that's the third time today that someones almost gotten creamed on or near these stairs that i've been present for. I'm beginning to think that elevators may not be a bad idea after all. You alright General? I didn't mean to frighten you, you look like you've seen a ghost."

Gen Blue
December 19th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Blue dropped down to sit on the step. Wide-eyed, he put a hand to his chest and blew out a long breath. "No, no, no, no. My fault. I shouldn't have been in that lane. Coming down belongs on the outside of the stairwell."
He looked up at Finch, who looked a little shell-shocked himself. "Are you OK? That's all I need to do. Knock our only Chaplain down the stairs and break his neck. I can't DO enough good deeds to balance that out."
Puzzled, Nick asked, "What are you doing down here anyway? I thought it was just Dr. Ezekiel and Capt. Johnson."

max_omega
December 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Rachael had rushed out of the generator room after she had gotten up and stabled herself. She got over to the stair well and opened up the door to find the General sitting, "Hi sir, didn't expect to see you down here."

She stood up straight, even though she was not military she had great respect for those who wore the uniform and tried to show it. She felt slightly awkward with the general being down there, but tried her hardest not to show it.

((OOC-PA I understand completely have a dial up myself, plus we all know real life gets in the way something.))

Planetary_Alliance
December 19th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Adria made her wake back to the generator room and found that doctor Ezekiel wasn't there. Worried that maybe someone had gotten onto the base during the power outage she pulled out her intar and made her way around the floor. Peering around a corner she saw Dr. Ezekiel with General Blue. "Oh sorry" adria said coming out from around the corner and giving a quick salute. "I herd the comotion and I was worried that posibly something was on the base or someone."

((OOC-MO I dont know how you deal with Dial up i have had to deal with it for only 2 days and i am ready to shoot myself))

December 19th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Blue dropped down to sit on the step. Wide-eyed, he put a hand to his chest and blew out a long breath. "No, no, no, no. My fault. I shouldn't have been in that lane. Coming down belongs on the outside of the stairwell."
He looked up at Finch, who looked a little shell-shocked himself. "Are you OK? That's all I need to do. Knock our only Chaplain down the stairs and break his neck. I can't DO enough good deeds to balance that out."
Puzzled, Nick asked, "What are you doing down here anyway? I thought it was just Dr. Ezekiel and Capt. Johnson."

Finch glaces over his shoulder at the open stairway behind him and takes a small step forwards, away from the edge

"Me sir? I'm fine, just fine. A little hyped up from all the stair climbing and other running about i've done today perhaps, but no worse for the wear. Originally I was headed to level 8 with Dr. Winchester. We had stepped out of the stairwell to take a breather when, much as we did just now, the good Dr. had a bit of an unexpected encounter of his own. You see it seems he was standing a bit to close to the door, and Jaime, in her excitemnt over having power back, was so eager to get to the control room may have opened it a little faster than she aught have. Well Sir I'm sure you can figure out the rest. But as to how I ended up down here, Dr. Ezekiel called over the radio for Jaime's key to the data center right after she...er...met up with the Dr. and I. Since I was already headed most of the way down here anyway, I didn't see much sense in Jaime coming all the way down to drop off a key. So I was more than happy to oblige her by delivering it when she asked me to. I'm on my way back up to the infirmary level now to help Dr. Winchester give it a good final inspection. If you'll excuse me he'll probably be wondering if i've changed my mind about helping by now."

<<To Infirmary>>

Gen Blue
December 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Nick watched Finch start more sedately up the stairs. "Carry on, Lieutenant."
He stood up and continued down the stairs. "Doctor, I just wanted to see the damage for myself. To get a feel for the amount of clean up to be done."
Glancing around, he added, "Quite a bit it seems. Don't let me interfere with whatever you were doing."

max_omega
December 20th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Rachael nodded to the Lt. as he left than turned to see Captain Johnson with the things, "I am sure you won't sir. Right not I am working on getting the backs up on line, although we do have limited power the back up will help in the over all clean up of the base and especially down here."

She back away from the door to give the General some room to come out, "If you need me, I will be in the back up generator room along with Captain Johnson working on getting them online. Everything is fine, except for one small thing that should be fixed within a few hours."

Gen Blue
December 25th, 2006, 02:27 PM
"I'll get out of your way, Doctor." A few moments later, Blue quietly re-entered the stairwell. He could hear Captain Holland on level 9 and decided not to bother anyone else's recovery efforts.

<< to Quarters >>

max_omega
December 26th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Rachael had left the General and walked back to the generator room. She look at the Captain and motioned her to come a long. When she got back in the room she the cables, "Alright we can get started in fixing this machine."

Rachael got down on the floor again and finsihed getting the screws off the cover. "Can you come around to the other side and help me slip this cover away with out it falling on my head."

((PA- just jump in and start helping me take the bottom of the generator apart.))

Planetary_Alliance
December 26th, 2006, 08:31 AM
"Sure thing." Adria replied walking around to the machine and helping slip the cover off and moving it out of there way. "Now we should probably make sure that its not trying to send power through the broken cable and disconect it."

((OOC-I am just trying to go with what you do when changing a dead lightbulb you first make sure theres no power going to it.))

max_omega
December 26th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Rachael chuckled a bit at her comment, "Well they don't have any power running to them I turned it off after you walked out of the room to get the cables."

"Alright let's see what we got going on down here." She pushed of the wires around and saw the black split wires.

"Oh boy, this is worse than I thought it was going to be." She started to trace one of the black wires back to where it was not split. "This is going to take longer than I thought. We have three wires to fix. Start back tracing this on in the opposite distance, and let me know when you find a good place to cut it."

Planetary_Alliance
December 27th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I'll do what i can. Adria took the wire cutters and started to trace each one cuting the first and second. This 3rd wire wont cause everything to explode will it.

max_omega
December 28th, 2006, 04:21 AM
"No, its not going to explode." Rachael said, she was finsihing up on this end, she wiggled back to her bag a grapped a pen and tape, she cut off three pieces of tape and handed them to Adria, "Mark which line is which starting with the one farther from my left as one. Now if we connected the wrong wires together than it might exploded."

She did the same thing at her end and finsihed cutting and marking the wires. "Once you get done I have the wire we cut out marked start to measure for the new wire, only make them about 6 inches longer than what we cut. I want to have plenty to work with."

Planetary_Alliance
December 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM
"Got it" Adria said cutting the last wire and then marking them "1, 2, 3 ok all makred or did you want me to go ABC." Then adria cut her wires and then remeasuring them she said. "Opps i only left you 5.5 inches of excess will that be a problem" Then started laughing.

max_omega
December 29th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Rachael turned her head to an awkward angle and look at Adria, "1,2,3 is fine, and so is the 5.5" inches of excess." She moved around to a better angle and said, "Hand me one of the cables."

Adria handed her one of them than Rachael started to reconnectet it at her end, "Do you still have to data center access card, because Jamie told me to give it to one of her tech people if she was already gone when we were done using it."

Planetary_Alliance
December 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM
"Oh yeah it is in this pocket...wait its in this pocket. Yeah here we go." Adria said handing the card to rachel. "No what do we do?"

max_omega
December 30th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Racheal took the key and slid it into her back pocket, "Well once we finish up fixing the cables, I am going to run a short diagnostic. If everything checks out we will have the back ups online."

Rachel finsihed connecting the cables on her end and slid over to the other end and started to connect them there. "That should do it." She slid back out and got over to the computer still connected to the generators. "This should only take about twenty minutes."

max_omega
January 5th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Back up generators power these systems:

1. Emergancy lights, so once the back up are on line no more flash lights. (Not the main hallway lights.)
2. All the doors, so key cards can be used again.
3. Science lab server.
4. Base ventilation systems/oxygen supply (The naqudah generator supply power to it now can be removed after it back ups on line.)

Rachael watched the screen as it complete the check on the systems. It was at 90% complete. "Alright, we are almost in business." She watched as it went throught the last 10%, crossing her fingers hoping she didn't have to fix anything else.

The computer started to slow down a bit at the last 10 percent, "The last ten percent is the critical amount, if there is a problem it will come up now."

A few minutes later the diagnostic was complete. "Alright let me check this out." She scrolled through the report reading the last line aloud, "Diagnostic has not revealed any more problems, full power can be attained." She let out a breathe of relief, "Alright I we have to reconnect the the power lines to the genertor, there are two of them then turn the power back on."

She started to walk over to re-connect the power but stopped and pulled out her radio, "Captain Holland, the is Dr. Ezekiel." She waited for a response.

<Radio> "Go Ahead, Dr." <Radio> Holland said over the crackly of the radio.

<Radio> "I am about ready to turn on the back up genertors. I completed the necessary repairs. We should have full back up power with in the next thirty minutes. Over." <Radio> Rachael waited for a response.

<Radio> "Alright Dr., thanks for the update, keep me posted on any other developments." <Radio> Holland said then the radio fell silent again.

"Alright let's get to this," she moved across the room and reconnect the the one wire the connected the other one. "Once we turn the power on, it will take approximately 20-25 minutes for the generators to get charge and ready to distrubute the power."

Gen Blue
January 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM
(( Your main cables inside the walls are still broken. ))

Planetary_Alliance
January 5th, 2007, 11:48 AM
((but we wont know that till we try to turn on the power right?))

"Ok so lets do this." Adria said moving towards the main control panel to start the power up sequence. "What do I first?"

max_omega
January 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
((OOC-PA don't worry about blue post we figured it out.))

"Start by reseting the power display switch. I have to switch the power flow from the main cables to the smaller back up cables." Rachael began the switch, "After the computer has time to reset, a screen will pop up that ask for a password to boot up. I have to type that in. Sorry I can't tell you what it is."

Planetary_Alliance
January 6th, 2007, 09:22 AM
"Ok reseting the power display now." adria said as she flipped the switch. "Ok now you can switch the power to the smaller back up cables." Adria said watching the screen incase any emergency warrnings poped up. "I don't realy mind I know how security goes around here."

max_omega
January 9th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Rachael types in her password than waits, "Well I guess when this is all done, we get tackle clearing the rubble out of the rest of level 10. Won't that be fun." She says the last part with a smile slightly scarstically.

"Alright, just a few more minutes," Rachael stands to the side, "Generators power up." She looks down at the computer screen, "The main problem is since we have to go through the back up power cables, we won't get near as much power as we could if we were going through the main cables. But it will give us more of chance to fix the main generators. We will still need to use the batteries they brought back from Foreston."

max_omega
January 10th, 2007, 09:29 AM
The light flicker on around the whole base, Rachael look down at the computer screen, “We have back up power on line.” She stepped back and popped her neck. “Now we get to clear out all the rock from this level. Boy is that going to be fun.”

She headed for the door, “I am going to check out the crew working on clearing this level.” Rachael walked out the door and headed down the hall. “Sgt. How is everything coming?”

“Well Doc, we are having trouble setting up the shields to push the rubble back.”

“I was afraid of that,” She put her hand to her head than and glanced at her watch 2030, I have been up since 0530 this morning, she thought to herself. Her eyes started to get really heavy, “Tell you what I don’t honestly have a solution at the moment. Have you guys started to brace the gym wall yet?”

“Yes, we have a small crew working on the braces in the hanger bay getting them ready. We should be ready to put them up in the morning, say around 0730.”

“Since you are already having problems moving the rubble, stop that now and help get the braces done, than in the morning I will get be back down here by 0630 to see if I can figure out what the problem is.”

“Alright ma’am, teams stop what you are doing and head up to the hanger bay to help finish the braces for the gym wall. We will be back down here in the morning to begin again on this.”

In unison, “Yes sir.” The group of 5 SF stopped what they were doing and headed to the elevator.

“See you in the morning Doc,” The SF said as he walked off with his crew.

“Bye,” Rachael turned to Adria who had followed her out into the hall. “I think I am going to call it a night, I have several things to do before I can get some rest, but there is nothing more that I can do down here. Feel free to get some rest yourself; I would like you to join me down here at 0630 in the morning.” She brought her hand up to her head, it was hurting like crazy now, and the stitches were starting to itch. “I am heading to my quarters, with a slight detour to the infirmary.”

<To Infirmary>

(OOC-feel free to back trace.)

Planetary_Alliance
January 20th, 2007, 07:15 AM
((no need i'll just continue))

"OK Doctor I think i'll run by my room real quick and grab a few things but then i think i am going to sleep down here just incase something goes wrong. I have a radio so if anything does i'll call you right away." Adria said walking up the stairs with the Doctor. "If you want I could go with you to the infirmary though first." she said carringly.

((I wont post anything breaking i'll leave that to you or someone else))

max_omega
January 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM
(OOC- nothing happened through the night,)

<Quarters>

Rachael came down the stairs and found Adria asleep in the generator room. She didn't want to wake her up yet, who knows how she slept down here. She quitely grabbed the clip board and made her way into the gym, it was a complete mess, still. She made a few notes on how they were going to put up the braces and which way to move the debri around.

She so intuned to what she was doing she didn't even here the two SGT. appraoch behind her, "Dr., Dr. Ezekiel."

She turned around a bit startled, "Sorry, I was in the zone."

"We just came down to check with you before we started to bring the gym braces down. Are we good to go?"

"Yes, I want to get started at 0730, make sure everyone has had a nice meal before they come down to work I want to get the gym done before we break for lunch." Rachael said than felt her own stomach growl, seeing how in her haste to get down her she didn't get anything to get.

"I think you should heed your own advice," one of the Sgt. said upon hearing her stomach, "Would you like me to send someone down with something for you, so you don't have to go running around trying to find something?"

Rachael thought for a moment, "That would be fine, just whatever they are serving is fine."

"Alright we are going to head back up and get ready to bring them down I will have some one come down soon."

Rachael nodded her head, "I will be down here somewhere taking notes. Oh try to bring something for Captain Adria too, she is down here as well." They both saluted her, even though she was not military they still respected her authority. She shook her head at there saluted but nodded her head than they left.

She walked back into the generator room and up to Adria, "Adria, just its time to get up now, we are about to strat making alot of noise." Adira stirred slightly than sat up. "I am having some food brought down so we can eat before we get started."

Planetary_Alliance
January 26th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Adria woke up and looked at Dr. Ezekiel. "Ever had one of those nights where you sleep funny and then woke up with a stiff neck so you cant turn it one way well thats what i got now." Adria said laughing and getting up. "So your having food brought down good cause i am already tired of MRE's and weve only had 2."

max_omega
January 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM
"Don't ask me what it is going to be, because I have no clue. A couple of the SF are bringing it down for us. Than we start some fun, we get to brace the gym wall and move a ton or two of rocks." Rachael said, in an enthuastic tone.

"Sorry about you stiff neck, at least there was no diasters last night, no more rock coming through the big hole." She held out her hand and helped her up. "I think I will assign a couple of airmen to stay the night down her tonight, you probably need to get some real sleep in a real bed."

Planetary_Alliance
January 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Adria brighted at this coment. "You are a saint you know that a pure saint. But first lets have fun get dirty, tired, and dirty again all after we eat. Then I will do it in a heart beat."

max_omega
January 30th, 2007, 03:47 AM
A few minutes later a couple of SF came down carrying two trays of food. They walked into the back up generator room, "Here you ma'am, the equipment should be getting down here with in the next half hour." They waited for them to take the trays than they headed back up to help with the moving.

"Thank you," Rachael said taking one of the trays and handing it down to Adria, than taking the other and setting it down. "Well it doesn't smell half bad." She opened the top and it was biscuit and gravy on hers. "My favorite, dried biscuit and lumpy gravy."

She look down at Adria, "We probably have about 15 minutes to eat, than it time to get dirty." Rachael said taking a bite out of one of the biscuits.

Planetary_Alliance
January 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM
"But you have to love the undercooked turkey." Adria said laughing and picking up a dry biscuit and a swig out of her last watter bottle. "We are going to need to Get and SF to bring us some more watter." Adria said then having some undercooked turkey.

(Hey I need to take a week off for this big english project so just go on and keep me in the story)

max_omega
February 1st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Rachael clipped her radio back on her shirt, “Let’s get to work, they are on there way down.” They both finished there breakfast and than got up and went into the gym, she look around the rock was still in them gym covering a small portion of the NW corner. “Now we can’t move some of the rock till we get one of the braces up but I want to make sure there is a clear area for them to get in. They are bringing down a lot of equipment to work with.”

They moved some of the smaller rocks out of the way; most of the large pieces were already out of the way for them to work. “Alright they should be down here in just another minute.” She walked out of the gym and over to the freight elevator and waited for it to open.

It opened up, “Daniels, do you think you brought enough stuff?”

“Unfortunately I couldn’t quite fit the kitchen sink with us.” He smiled. “Ready to get to work? Alright guys start unloading, you know what to do.”

A bustle of men started to flow out of the elevator each with a task to complete. Rachael watched as the men brought out there equipment, than she saw the two pieces of the brace. “This is the start of a very long day.” She than saw the huge containers of water they brought with them, she grabbed Adria and herself one. “Heads up, Adria.” She threw the water to her.

“You read my mind, so what do you want me to do?” She said.

“I want you to over see the rock clearing; Daniels and I will be in charge of the team getting the braces up.” Rachael turned to Daniels, “You going back up to help with the other braces?”

“Yep, will be back with the second group, we should only be gone about 30 minutes maybe an hour, depending on personal.” Daniel said slipping back into the elevator, “Be back before you know it,” he pushed the button and as the doors were closing he said “Don’t have too much fun without me.”

Rachael smiled at his comment, “Let’s get this party started.” The two women walked into the gym and started to get to work.

max_omega
February 2nd, 2007, 09:44 AM
<Captain Adria>

Adria turned to Rachael and asked as they walked into the gym, “How are we moving the rocks?”

Rachael smiled, “Be right back.” She left her standing there and went to get her bag, she came back and pulled out a couple of tokra shields. “Tokra one way shields, they should do the trick. Do you know how to use them?”

“I know the basics, yeah.”

“Good, I want you to set them up and start pushing the rock back, but hold off pushing it back out side of the gym, until we are ready to put the braces up.” Rachael said.

“Alright no problem, how many are with me?” Adria asked.

“You have two other with you, Sgt. Stinson & Sandberry.” Two men look up after setting down some equipment and walked over, “You two will be working with Captain Johnson, to move the rock, and she will explain what you are doing.” They nodded to Rachael and almost saluted her, but than thought twice about it, “If you have any questions don’t hesitate to holler.”

“Will do, Dr., I mean Rachael.” Adria took the shields, “Alright guys, lets get to work. Do either of you know how to operate these?”

The two Sgt look at each other than Stinson said, “I have, he hasn’t, but we should just be fine.”

“Alright, let’s go ahead and get started.” Adria said enthusiastically, the two sgt followed her over to the big hole.

Adria started to set up one of the shield generators, the one sgt watched her than helped out Sandberry. The two sgt were conversing when Adria walked over to check there progress, “how is it coming, the other one is almost all set up?”

“We are just about done, but don’t you think we could use a zat gun to zap the rocks away?” Stinson asked.

Adria look at them than in clicked in her head, “I don’t know, I suppose it could work.” She turned to get Rachael attention, “Hey Rachael, quick question.”

max_omega
February 2nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
<Rachael>

After Rachael finished giving instruction to Adria she walked over to her group of 8 men, “Alright guys, we know what we are down her for let’s get to work.” Rachael pulled out her clip board and reviewed her plan of action. While in the middle of her review she was called over to Adria.

Rachael lifted her head up from her note book than walked over, “What?”

“Sgt Stinson, just thought of an idea to get rid of the rocks, a zat gun.” Adria said.

“Actually, Captain Holland was talking about it yesterday. I assumed he told you about the plan, but I guess not.”

“No we hadn’t talked since he went down the brig to work.” Rachael did a few calculations on her paper, “Three shots should incarnate the rock and not harm the floor or the walls. According to some of my earlier work with goa’uld technology, it only destroys what it is directly fired at, things with the same molecular compound.” She pulled out her paper again and started to write hurriedly, “But by my quick calculation we still need the shields up to push the rock back so we can put the braces up.”

“So we should still need to push rock back,” Adria stood there for a second and closed her eyes as if in deep thought, “Why don’t we put some of the other shields on the other side of the gym walls to keep more rocks from coming in and as soon as they get the main brace up we zat the rock.”

Rachael closed her eyes and bit her bottom lip thinking if that could work. She started to see the calculations in her mind, working through them. “That should work, alright I have two more shield generators in my bag if we need more there are still a few in the science lab, but finishing getting those set up.”

As they were talking the main brace was in place to be lifted up, they just needed the rock cleared out of the way.

((OOC-Triple post ah.))

Planetary_Alliance
February 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM
(ok tell me what to do)

Planetary_Alliance
February 10th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Adria finished setting up her shields and turned to Sgt. Stinson & Sandberry. "Good job now let me go find out how Rachel is doing. And dont forget to keep an eye on the shields and call me if anything goes wrong."

Then Adria walked over to rachel. "Hows it going we got our shield up, you?"

max_omega
February 10th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Rachael had been watching the main brace being lifted when Adria had walked back over, "Finished already, well should have expected it. You had the easy job." The bottom half of the main brace was already in place now, they were working on lifting up the top half and putting it in place.

They had been working for almost 45 minutes when Rachael haerd the freight elevator doors opening up. Than her radio blared, "Dr. we are just arriving back at your position, we will begin unloading thre rest of the stuff over." Daniels said.

"Altight Sgt, we are just about to get the second half of the main brace up. See you in a few." Rachael said into the radio, than turned back to Adria, "I have another task for you." She started to walk, "Come with me?"

They both exited the gym and walked around to the hallway on the far side of the level. A large pile of rocks was still there, "I need the rock out of here, now we know that we can zat the rock to make it disappear, but as soon as we do that more is going to come in. I need you to get rid of this rock without causing more to come in. I said before I have two more tok'ra shields and there are at least two more in the science lab. You up for it?"

Daniels saw Rachael walk out and nodded to her, but he kept working, he knew better than to brother her while she was working. "Alright men, I want all this out of the elevator in 15 minutes, than I want to crews to begin working on the other two sets of brace, are we clear?"

A resounding "Yes sir," was heard from all the men, than they hurried to get to work. No one taking a moments rest as the went about there assignments.

Daniels seeing that they all knew what to do went into the gym and saw the crews in the process of raising the brace and setting it in place. He watched as the crew worked to get it up and than saw as they welded the pieces together and were putting in the cross bars to conenct to the other pieces.

Planetary_Alliance
February 10th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Adria looked at the pile of rocks and did some quick math in her head. "I think i got an idea. If we set up the shields right against the wall and then zat the rocks and a split second later activate the shield we should stop anymore rock from falling in and not have to deal with moving the rocks. But it will take at least one other person to activate the shields."

max_omega
February 11th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Rachael was some what distracted by her own thoughts she almost did here Adria, but she snapped out of it. "Yeah I was thinking the same thing, but we are going to need both generators one in each hallway, than link them up. Why don't you get Stinson and Sandberry and begin setting this up. We will coordinate with you as to when to do it. I want to have the other braces in place before we start that."

She look down at her clipboard, "I can reassign two of the personnal with Daniels to assist you. Come with me and get the generators and you can begin coordinating with your team. Back to gym, and will set everything up, I have a layout of this level on my laptop and we can set out plan of action in there than get to work." Rachael than headed back to the gym followed by Adria.

max_omega
February 19th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Pierce got downt to sublevel 10 and walked into the gym, he saw the crews were now working on bracing the walls. He look around the room saw Sgt. Daniels but didn't want to brother him, right when he turned around he saw Dr. Ezekiel coming in with a Captain.

http://photo.ringo.com/179/179469273O542668781.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6124700&postcount=181)

max_omega
February 19th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Rachael was so focused that she didn't even see Sgt. Pierce. She almost ran right into him. "Sorry, you know me when I get focused I have blinders on. So what is going on with the brig?"

"Well we managed to get Major Beale out, but Captain Holland was injurded when the goa'uld jumped to an unsuspecting SF. But he is fine in the infirmary right now. I came down to see if I could get a small crew to help me start on the repairs for the brig." Pierce said trying to sum up what had happened, so as not to take up to much time.

Rachael look at her clipboard. "That depends how much damage was done?" She had the notes of the brig level some where, but couldn't remember where she wrote it down at.

"Well Prisoner room one is totally full of rocks and part of room two is." Pierce said, "But structurely speaking, it is sound and alright. We should finsih up with the gym before we get to that. How long do you think it will take to finish this up?"

"Well the better part of a day I am guessing. Once we get the braces up we still have to put the rebar in and began to cement it in." Rachael said than thought for a moment. "Tell you what we can start on that tomorrow I really want to get this done today. I will put you in charge of that."

"Alright, where do you want me to start now?" He asked.

"Just join crew three, they are working on brace three." Rachael said than caught site of Sgt. Daniels, than stopped, "Wait Pierce, actually I want you to work with Captain Johnson." She turned around to Adria. "This is Sgt. Pierce he should be able to help you with the shields."

Planetary_Alliance
February 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
"Hello Sgt. Pierce, Names Adria." Adria said shaking his hand. "Right now we are setting up the Tokra shields in the halls so that we cant get rid of the rocks and then turn the shields on to stop more rock from fallign."

max_omega
February 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
"It's nice to meet, Captain. I am pretty familar with the tok'ra shields so I won't have any problem helping to set them up, just lead the way." Pierce said, than followed her out of the gym.

Rachael smiled for a second than got her mind back on track, she look over her notes trying to figure everything out. She look around the gym, "Lap top, lap top, ok I know I brought it with me. Ah." She walked of the gym over to the secondary generator room and grabbed her laptop, and bag. She was going through the bag than realized she didn't have her memory drive with the plans she had been working on.

She walked back into the gym and up to Sgt Daniels, "I have to run back up to my quarters to get something be back in a few minutes."

"Go ahead I have everything under control down here, by the time you get back we should have all the braces up." Daniels said, she hesitated for a moment, "Go, get what you need."

" I am going." Racahel turned around and went over to the elevator. Steped in than pushed the button all the while she was working on her lap top and making more notes on her clip board.

<To Quarters>

Planetary_Alliance
February 25th, 2007, 02:15 PM
For a second while Rachel was walking away adria's vision went blury and she stumbled grabing onto a treadmill for souport. "Whoa" She said shaking her head and still holding onto the treadmill for souport. After blinking a couple times she tried her legs again and when she thought they could souport her she stood back up straigh and turned to see if anyone had noticed.

max_omega
February 25th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Sgt. Daniels radio went off, "Go ahead Dr."

"Sgt Daniels, I will be longer than I thought getting back down there. Just let me know if there are any problems." Rachale said over the radio.

"No problem Dr." Daniels said, than look around the room at the crews working. There wasn't much for him to do but over see the crews and make sure everything was going smoothly.

He turned to look over at Captain Johnson, he saw he stumble, but just gave a look at Pierce he nodded his head.

"Captain are you alright?" Pierce said.

Planetary_Alliance
February 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
"Its nothing." Adria said blinking to clear her eyes and pulling out her watter bottle. "I'm fine. Ok so what do we need to do next with the shields."

max_omega
February 26th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Pierce look at Captain Johnson, "Well from what I gather, we need to begin setting up the shields in the hall ways, but are to wait to activate them and zat the rocks till they have to bracse up."

http://photo.ringo.com/179/179469273O542668781.jpg (URL="http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6124700&postcount=182)

JacksonMiracle
February 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM
<<From Quarters>>

Kylie Stevens dragged herself toward a group of military officers that appeared to be in charge of the cleanup effort on sublevel 10. She recognized several of them from around the base, but hadn't ever talked to them much. She took a deep breath before approaching one of them and saying, "Hi, I'm Kylie, anthropoligist/linguist, I don't believe I know your name, but I've seen you around base a few times. I'm here to help. I know I haven't been down here all that much the past few days, but I've been really busy working on a translation and know absolutly nothing about computers, other than how to use Word and PowerPoint, and didn't really think that you'd want me getting in the way. Anyhow, I heard that physical help was needed more now, rather than scientific help so I decided to come on down. Just tell me what to do." Kylie was normally a very shy person, unless she was trying to communicate to someone in a foreign language, but that rarely happened. More often than not, she was simply assigned to help translate texts, not actually do the talking part with the other cultures that met with SG teams on missions. That was why Kylie's boldness at this praticular time suprised even her. She had even managed to introduce herself and volunteer her help without too much babbling.

max_omega
February 28th, 2007, 04:06 AM
<Quarters>

Rachael got back down the sublevel 10, and found a new group of volunteers, to help. She walked over to the group laptop and clip board in hand. "Hi all. Thanks for coming, I am Dr. Rachael Ezekiel. I have been put in charge down here. For the clean up process, as you can see we have a lot of work to do." Rachael look down at her clip board, "I haven't fully assigned everyone to a task yet. The information I need from those who just arrived, is do you have any specialty in engineer, physics, etc? If you don't than I will assign you to help a team that only needs back up support. Come and see me if you haven't been assigned a task."

Rachael look around the room, she could hear the crews still at work in the gym. I could just assign a goupr of these new recruits to begin preparation for reconstrcution work in the brig. But who should I put in charge, I guess I could pull Sgt. Pierce off of the team working on the Tok'ra shields.

A group of about 10 people came up to her, "Alright, thanks all I am going to assign all of you to begin work on sublevel 9, the brig. The NW corner was damaged. I already have a crew up in the hanger bay working on a brace to put up on the corner when we are ready for it." She garbbed her radio, "Sgt. Pierce please come here."

"Alright ma'ma, be right there." Pierce said, than look at Captain Johnson, "Sorry I have to go."

While she was waiting she noticed a Dr. Stevens, she look up who that was, An anthropologist, I could assign her to work with Captain Johnson, taking Pierce place. No, I will put her with Pierce, and find some one else to help Captain Johnson.

Rachael waited till he arrived than gave out her assignment, "Alright this is Sgt. Pierce, he is going to be in charge up on sub-level 9. I want Dr. Almodeus, Dr. Stevens, she called out the names of the other SF there, "All of you are assigned to work on sublevel 9." She look at her watch, "The brace should be done in about an hour or two, once that is done the work should go some what fast. Right now when you get up there I want a report on you plan of action, that would be you Pierce. Once I approve you plan you can begin, if there are any question when you get down there, direct them first to Sgt. Pierce, if he doesn't know the answer he will contact me."

She look at the faces of those around her, "Does anyone have any questions?"

((OOC- Just FYI I contorl Sgt Pierce, even though he is an NPC. I will keep things moving along in brig thread.))

JacksonMiracle
February 28th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Kylie was shocked that anyone would think that she was a doctor. Much less that a hard-core military person would address her as such. She knew it would sound sassy and rude and would probably earn her a heavy repremand after the clean-up was completed, but she couldn't stop the words from exiting her mouth.

"Just for the record, I'm not a doctor. In fact, I think doctorate degrees are for people with too high of an ego. That's why I stopped at a Masters. Just so you know."

Kylie ignored the gasps she heard from the others gathered around her. She knew she had probably just made a bunch of enemies, but she didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression of her by thinking that she was a doctor of all things.

What's wrong with me...I never use to just blurt out things like that. Who cares if they think that you're a doctor? It must be too much caffine, I'm really going to have to start cutting back on my coffee intake.

Kylie shook her head to clear her thoughts and followed the rest of the group to level 9.

<<To Sublevel 9>>

Vampyr
February 28th, 2007, 04:38 PM
((Waaaait... Is there even a Sub-level 9 thread?))

Jaa'nik stepped forward, "Just one." She said, "How is it that the shield generators are going to be set up?"

"I ask this because it was not specified as to how the generators were going to be set up and I have concerns as to how the already weakened structure of the base will hold up."

Nodding the body's head down, Devin came into play. "I myself also have a question to ask. I'm unsure of what sub-level 9's importance to the base, unless it holds some vital function, wouldn't it be more logical to say have more people working down here trying to get to the generators?"

Jynjyr
February 28th, 2007, 04:46 PM
(( The Brig (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22527) is on level 9. :) ))

Vampyr
February 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
((Oooh. Thanks.))

((I think I'll wander off to SL-9 without an incharacter post. <<To the brig!>>))

max_omega
March 1st, 2007, 03:59 AM
((OOC- FYI JacksonMiracle- Rachael isn't military, she is a Dr, PHD))

"Just for the record, I'm not a doctor. In fact, I think doctorate degrees are for people with too high of an ego. That's why I stopped at a Masters. Just so you know."

Rachael look at her, "Sorry, to much going on up here," she said pointing to her head.

Jaa'nik stepped forward, "Just one." She said, "How is it that the shield generators are going to be set up?"
"I ask this because it was not specified as to how the generators were going to be set up and I have concerns as to how the already weakened structure of the base will hold up."
Nodding the body's head down, Devin came into play. "I myself also have a question to ask. I'm unsure of what sub-level 9's importance to the base, unless it holds some vital function, wouldn't it be more logical to say have more people working down here trying to get to the generators?"

Rachael turned her attention over to Jaa'nik, "The shields are going to be set up around the hole, than right as they are being activate the rocks will be zatted three times. Sgt Pierce can it explain it in more detail when you get down there."

"As for having more people down here cleaning up the rocks to get to the generators. We can't really do any kind of major clean up until we get the gym fixed. It not a complete major brace for the rest of the structure, but it has to be fixed before we can get to work on teh rest of the level." Rachael began, "And you know the saying 'to many cooks spoil the soup', I don't need alot of extra hands down here right now. Especailly those who don't really know what they are doing, and those who don't know the structure of the base."

Rachael tried to think as to add anything else, "The importance of sublevel nine is, the NW corner was severaly damage. That corner is part of the main base support, it is what everything depends on, and we can't start to fix that huge hole over there without sublevel 9 being fixed first. If we tried to wait and fix it, more rocks would just keep coming in from sliding down through the whole on that level."

((OOC- All this was said before you guys left.))

JacksonMiracle
March 1st, 2007, 08:34 AM
((ooc-oh yeah, I guess Kylie does have a tendency to assume that everyone on base is some kind of military. And Rachael being a doctor probably makes her statement all the more insulting.))

max_omega
March 1st, 2007, 09:19 AM
((OOC-it funny cuz I read your bio and I thought it said you were a Dr., than I was jsut to lazy to go check and make sure. Besides it workds well, because Rachael is tired, has so much work to do and so much on her mind she really doesn't care.))

Planetary_Alliance
March 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
((Ok now i am confused who is still helping me and what am i doing))

max_omega
March 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM
((OOC-Sorry PA, you had not really been posting that much and I wanted to help the two news guys out. I am going to have Rachael come out and help you with setting up the shield and testing them.))

Planetary_Alliance
March 4th, 2007, 02:43 PM
((ok cool i will try to post more))

max_omega
March 6th, 2007, 04:17 AM
After the team had left Rachael finally leaned up against a nearby wall and just breathed. "One more thing off the to do list." She said out loud to herself than it hit her, "I guess I could finish up helping with the shields. Sgt. Daniels can take care of the teams in the gym."

She pushed off from the wall and walked around the cooridor to find Adria, when she did she was having trouble getting one of the generators to stick to the wall. "Let me show you the trick." Rachael took the forcefield generator and on the top of the device there was a small button where a needle fit there. She grabbed out her pin and pushed it in, than the device clicked to the wall. "Most of the time it will automatically stick to a wall, but some times they need a little help."

"Sorry I had to pull Pierce from your team, but I need him on the brig level, he is doing repairs up there now. How many of these things do you have left to put on?" Rachael said still clinging to her laptop as if it were a life boat.

Planetary_Alliance
March 7th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Adria whiped her brow and took a sip from her last watter bottle noticing how there wasn't much left. "I have to one on the other side the others stuck no problem and since this one and the other one were not sticking I decided I would come back to them so give me a minute and I will go put it up." Adria walked to the other side of the wall and pulled a safety pin from out of her pocket and pushed the small button in and then walked back. "Thanks i would have never noticed that small button. Well we're done with these lets do a test. Anyone got a Zat'nik'tel?" she said looking around.

max_omega
March 8th, 2007, 04:09 AM
"We aren't quiet ready for that," Rachael said than grabbed her radio, "Daniels how are the braces coming along?"

"We have all three up now, we are just getting the rebar and cross beams in place now. Do you have the shield up on the outer side of this wall up?" Daniels asked.

"Yeah it is up and we are getting ready to bring the others on line, are we in the clear to do that and get rid of some of this dirt?" Rachael said into the radio.

"Yeah go ahead, the gym wall is holding so we are in the clear as far as it being stable." Daniels said.

"Alright, lets start this thing." Rachael said, "I am going to go to the other hall way I will send down Sgt. Stinson to help you out at this end." Rachael started to walk back up the hall way, "Call me on the radio if you need me?" She hollard back as she turned the corner.

When she got there she sent Stinson down to help Cap. Johnson. "Alright ready to bring the shields online. You ready Adria."

Planetary_Alliance
March 8th, 2007, 11:05 AM
"?? ?????? ? ?????." Adria said then realizing she was speaking russian, "Sorry Didn't mean to, but when i gwet excited I slip back to my first language." Adria checked the device one last time "Yep were ready down here."

max_omega
March 9th, 2007, 04:04 AM
"Well Russian is not a language I know," Rachael said, "On my count of three activate your generator, 1..2..3.." In a instant a cube appeared around the hall way, and than a flat force shield covered the length of the huge hole.

Rachael breathe a sigh of relief, she grabbed the zat gun at her side, "I am now going to slip the zat gun in there partially to get rid of the rocks." She moved closer to the shield and slipped the front end of the zat gun through the shield. She fired it three times aiming at the rocks, than the huge pile disappeared. She walked up against the wall and could see Captain Johnson standing watching for the rocks to disappear. She than pushed the zat fun all the way through the shield, since she couldn't bring it back out again.

"Well it worked, now for my next trick, getting rid of the rock in there, without causing more to come in, that is going to take a while."

((OOC-I hope that made sense.))

Planetary_Alliance
March 9th, 2007, 11:07 AM
((Yeah it did i only wish it would let me type in russian but it doesn't recognize some of the charecters))

Adria watched Rachel work and then she was done said "Yeah nice trick and I cant wait to see how you get rid of the rest of the rock."

max_omega
March 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Rachael smiled,than said in a low voice "Yeah so do I." She let out a slight sigh, than picked back up her lap top. "I am heading back over to your position."

JacksonMiracle
March 9th, 2007, 05:09 PM
<<From Brig>>

Kylie entered sublevel 10 to find that it was just as hectic as sublevel 9. Well, with the military I guess it's always move, move, move. She thought to herself. Stopping a passing SF she asked where to find Dr. Ezekiel. The SF pointed her in the right direction.

Kylie spotted a woman with brilliant red hair carrying a laptop. That must be her.

Approaching the woman, Kylie said, "Excuse me, Dr. Ezekiel. Sgt. Pierce sent me. We need about 100 feet of wire on level 9 to replace some the broken ones. He also wanted me to inform you that the braces have arrived and are being put in place as we speak. That shouldn't take too much longer and once it's done we'll start replacing the broken wires." She remained smiling as she spoke. Her professors had always taught her that under stressfull conditions, it was better to keep smiling in the hopes of helping the others around you to relax more. She observed Dr. Ezekiel and decided that it was definately better to just be nice to the woman. She was obviously exhausted.

"Would you like some coffee? You look really tired." Kylie wasn't sure what had prompted the offer, but it was too late to take the words back now.

max_omega
March 9th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Rachael saw the young woman walk up, Ms. Stevens, what does she need. She listened, "Thanks, for the update." She smiled at her, "Um...wire cord, come follow me." She started to walk back up the hall way, "Sorry again about mistaking you for a Dr."

They arrived at the back up generator room, she look around the room than spotted the cord, "Coffee, that sounds great, and here is the wire he needs."

Rachael look at the young woman, "You know I can tell you this about Sgt. Pierce, he is great engineer one of the best I have ever met." She studied the young womans face for a moment, "You say your a linguist, how are with Ancient?"

JacksonMiracle
March 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Kylie quikly followed the woman down hall. "Don't worry about it. I should be the one apoligizing. I kinda overreacted to that whole doctor thing anyway, didn't I?

She accepted the cord from Rachael. "Thanks, I'm sure Pierce will appreciate the cord. I'll stop by the commissary on my way back up and have someone send down some coffee for y'all."

Kylie had to agree with Rachael's assessment of Pierce. From what she had seen, he really did know his stuff. Alright languages! Now that's what I call fun! Kylie mentally cheered when Rachael asked the question. "Ancient? Not too shabby. Depends on the context. I can translate most things within an acceptable degree of accuracy. Why do you ask?"

max_omega
March 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
"I have a couple tablets with Ancient on them, I don't have a lot of tim to translate them, they pretain to a device I found a while back. I was wondering if you would like to give me a hand, when things settle down of course." Rachael said, then her laptop beeped. "I gotta change the battery", she walked a short distance to her bag and grabbed a new battery and changed it while she waited for a response.

Planetary_Alliance
March 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Adria came walking over to the two scientist who were talking. "Ditchin me already Rachel." Adria said laughing and then turned to the other girl next to her. "Hi i'm Capt. Adria Johnson."

(i moved my link to my bio to the spoiler)

max_omega
March 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Rachael turned to see Adria, "Adria, this is Kylie Stevens, she is a linguist, working with Sgt. Pierce on the brig." She fumbled with the battery still getting the new one in. She finally got the new one in and her computer started up again.

JacksonMiracle
March 10th, 2007, 05:22 PM
"It's good meeting you Capt. Johnson. Sorry I have to rush off, but Pierce is expecting these wires and I promised that I'd get someone to bring down some coffee for y'all. Maybe we can actually talk and get to know each other sometime. And Dr. Ezekiel, I'd be honored to help you with those tablets. Just let me know when and where."

Kylie looked quickly from one woman to the other and determined that she would make a greater effort to be nice to them. After all, they didn't seem that awful. Despite her background in anthropology, Kylie was by no means a diplomat and therefore had spent most of her time since arriving at Gaia on base keeping to herself or locked in her office trying to translate the latest obscure text that had been discovered off-world. In fact the only people she ever really talked to were the other linguists and anthropoligists. Her speciality was book knowledge, not practical knowledge.

With these thoughts running through her mind, Kylie made her way back to the brig, with a quick stop to be sure that coffee would be sent to level 10.

<<To Level 9--Brig>>

JacksonMiracle
March 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
((I know, I know, it's a double post, but I couldn't help myself, I was on a roll. Please backtrack as needed.))

[Random SF: NPC]

"Coffee's here!" Someone called as they wheeled in a cart loaded with coffee, cream, and sugar. "And none too soon, I'm guessing." He mumbled to himself as he observed the relieved and delighted faces of the others in the room. "Good thing it's freash, hot, and highly caffinated." he added as an afterthought.

max_omega
March 11th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Rachael took the coffee and inhaled it deeply before she took a drink, “Have I ever mentioned how much I love coffee.” Saying this as more of a statement than an actual question. She kept it close to her face for a second, “Alright now where was I, oh right how to get rid of that pile of rocks in the generator and back up power to infirmary rooms."

She just stood there for a moment in deep thought, bringing her left hand up to her temple, passing over the stitches. No not now I am not getting a headache, I won’t allow it, she thought to herself, than pushed it out of her mind. “Alright the braces are just about completed, so we can move on to phase two. The teams will no be able to repair any wire that is was severed, than they will do a one last check over to make sure all structure work is done. I figure cosmetic work can wait till we get full power back up.”

Rachael turned to Adria, “I am going to be running simulation on how to proceed with the rest of the rock, and you can take a break or go see if Sgt Daniels needs any assistance. I should have what I need after lunch,” she check her watch, “It will be about two hours.”

Planetary_Alliance
March 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
"I think i'll just stick around down here cause I dont know whats going on anywhere else and its quiet down here" Looks around. "I dont know its just calming." Adria says.

max_omega
March 20th, 2007, 04:15 AM
** Attention, please. Will all department heads and team leaders report to the Briefing room in 45 minutes? Repeat, Department heads and team leaders to the Briefing room in 45 minutes. Thank you. **

Rachael snapped out of her concentration when the base wide intercom came on. "Departments heads, guess I won't be figuring this out right now." She walked over to Adria, "I have to report to the briefing room in a few minutes. So if you can help out Sgt. Daniels with anything he needs. Let me know if anything unexpected happends down here."

She walks into the gym and told Sgt Daniels that she would be leaving in a few minutes. But got him up to speed on the things she had done, and an outline of ther plan so far, which for her wasn't much. "I will see you guys later."

<To Briefing room>

max_omega
April 5th, 2007, 06:38 AM
<Briefing room>

Rachael walked off the elevator, with a some what renewed vigor after the briefing. She started to head to the gym to check out the progress, but before she goes there Sgt Pierce came up to her.

“Dr… Ezek….Rachael, I have something urgent that I need to discuss with you in private.” He said.

Rachael turned to look at him, “Alright come on step into my office,” she said referring to the elevator; they walked in, “What is it?”

Pierce stood there for a few moments in silence, than began, “I had a slight problem with a few civilians today.”

Rachael look at him, “Ok, what kind of a problem? And who with?”

“Well it was Devin Almodeus, and Kylie Stevens.” Pierce said than watched the expression on her face change.

“What did they do?” Rachael asked with out any expression.

“They took a break, and didn’t return back to work until three hours later, during that time they were seen making out in the mess hall.” Pierce said, “Before you say anything, I might have taken things to a slight extreme, actually I probably did. You know it is hard to not treat the civilians like military. Well I just thought you should talk with both of them.” He went on to explain in more detail what had happened.

Rachael shook her head, “And how do you deal with taking orders from a civilian? This is not how pictured my afternoon, where are they?”

“My guess there quarters,” Pierce said looking at Rachael trying to figure out what she was going to do. “As for taking orders from you, its easy not to see you as a civilian, you act like military.”

“Alright I will go and have a chat with them right now, tell Sgt Daniels I have to go deal with something than I will be back down here as soon as I can.” The door of the elevator opened up, and Pierce started to walk out of it, “And tell him that I have something to tell them.” Pierce walked off the elevator, “Damn I have to talk with Captain Holland too. Should I do that before or after talking with them, better do it after.” She pushed the button to get to the quarters.

<To Quarters>

JacksonMiracle
April 7th, 2007, 07:42 PM
<<From Infirmary>>

As the group exited the elevator, Kylie's eyes quickly surveyed the work that still needed to be done before the generators could go back online. The task ahead of them would be difficult and it would take a great deal of time. That was good, at least she would be able to stay busy with a practical task.

Vampyr
April 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM
<<From Infirmary>>

Jaa'nik exited the elevator, asking where there was work needed to be done. Devin however was still shocked, his mind kept playing those few seconds back in the infirmary over and over again, unable to accept what he'd heard. Jaa'nik stopped abruptly, placed a hand over her host's heart and wept silently.

JacksonMiracle
April 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Kylie noticed the abrupt pause in Jaa'nik's movements and wondered for a moment if she was talking to Devin. It almost appeared as if she was troubled, at least as troubled as a symbiote could be. Kylie almost regretted telling her about the incident from her childhood. As hard as it was on her hearing about how Devin had been hurt in his childhood, it had to have been just as difficult on Devin/Jaa'nik hearing about her childhood. She shook her head in an effort to remain focused on her current task.

Vampyr
April 7th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Still rooted to the spot, tears continued to flow from their eyes. ~A symbiote's control over the host is not perfect.~ Jaa'nik thought, ~Powerful emotion can override a symbiote's commands.~ It was all she could do to keep from breaking down herself. Devin's morose crying wouldn't abate and soon enough Jaa'nik couldn't keep his bawling back either and the two were sobbing uncontrollably, a low mournful wail escaping from their lips.

JacksonMiracle
April 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Those were tears. Devin/Jaa'nik was crying. Kylie came to the realization slowly, not expecting such powerful emotion while the symbiote was in control of the body. Before Dr. Ezekiel or any of the other onlookers could react, and not caring what they would think, Kylie led Devin/Jaa'nik away to a deserted part of the level. She looked over her shoulder and met Rachael's eyes with a fierce glare, hoping to communicate that she should not follow the two and that Kylie would explain the situation later. She pulled Devin/Jaa'nik into a fierce hug. She could no longer distinguish who had more control over the body at the moment, but it didn't matter. She continued to hug him and refused to let him go until she was certian that he would be ok. "I'm sorry I sprang that on you like that. It was a long time ago. I was only in that home for four months. It affected me in more ways than I care to admit, but I survived it. All of it. It's no worse than what you went through as a kid." Kylie's voice broke and tears of her own slid down her cheecks to mingle with Devin/Jaa'nik's.

Vampyr
April 7th, 2007, 09:43 PM
At the moment, Jaa'nik wasn't sure herself if she was in control of the body or not. But at the moment it didn't matter, not to either of the two minds that shared the body, though it was Devin's sadness, Jaa'nik cried along anyway, the two of them embraced Kylie in return. They spoke in a varrying mixture of the human and deep-bass symbiote voice, one sentence in Devin's own, the other in the deep voice, "These tears are not my own. But are my own. I think of you as a friend. As a lover. We are two minds. But share one body. I love you."

JacksonMiracle
April 7th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Kylie cried along with Devin and Jaa'nik, her tears mixing with theirs until it seemed that the tears were one and the same. A complicated rush of emotion was flowing through her system. She was just able to comprehend the clear distinction between the two minds that shared the single body she had wrapped her arms around. In an odd way, in that moment, she almost felt a part of that same body, there were three parts to the equation and together they formed an indescribable bond. "I love you, too. Both of you. Jaa'nik, you, I love as a friend, a good friend. Devin, I love you like I've never loved anyone before, as a lover." She gently massaged Devin and Jaa'nik's back as she spoke. And not caring if anyone was watching, she bent down and kissed Devin's cheek.

((*runs to get tissue to combat allergies and sees clock* Doh, shouldn't have looked....it's my bedtime...But I will be back))

Vampyr
April 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM
((Well then. I bid you adieu for this night.))

Devin nuzzled up against Kylie, she was warm and soft to the touch. His hair was yet again soaked in tears, his own cheeks were slick and both he and his symbiote were so stricken with grief, but he stood there embracing the woman whom so quickly he had learned to love. He cried for her, for Jaa'nik, for himself, for everything they had all been through in their lives. Canting his head back to look at her, he then stood up on his toes and kissed her.

Planetary_Alliance
April 8th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Adria woke up against one of the generators and immediatly grabed her intar and jumped to her feet looking around. She didn't remember falling asleep. She walked around and then ran into Kylie. "Oh hello Stevens." Adria said putting the intar back in its holster. She walked nearer to the elavator and leaned against the side.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 10:49 AM
((PA- I am making a long post and including you in it, just not finished typing it.))

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 10:52 AM
((Hoo boy, this could be akward. At best.))

Devin heard Captain Johnson and pulled out of the embrace. In one swift and smooth motion and dropped to one knee and pulled out his zat. It took him a few moments to realize the intruder was friendly, at which point he slowly replaced the zat and got out of his firing stance. Taking a moment to ensure nothing was amiss, he quickly strode over to the Captain and said in a shakey voice, "Oi, Captain... Johnson, y'scared me."

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM
((OOC-I am going to back track a little, but will work in what you guys wrote.))

<<From Infirmary>>

Rachael was silent as they rode in the elevator the two levels. She took a deep breathe, than before the doors opened up she said, "I don't either of you to say a word about the General, alright." She than pulled out her radio, "Would Captain Johnson, Sgt. Daniels, and Sgt. Pierce please meet me at the elevator."

A few mimutes before they got there Kylie took Devin down the hall to talk, Rachael was slightly irriated but than caught Kylie look and nodded her head. Than the three she called arrived, "I just wanted to get an update on the progess down here?"

"Well the Gym repairs are finally complete, all except for the cosmetic damage, but than can be done later." Daniels said as he shifted on his feet, sensing that Rachael had something else to tell them. Daniels look at the crews working behind him, “We are also working on putting up three braces to the generator room inner wall. Once that is up you should have an easier time getting all the rock out of there. My guess is that should be completed with in the next two maybe three hours, so I wouldn’t be too quick to get to the generators. At least not tonight perhaps in the morning, if than. ”

"That is great, now we can start to major repairs and getting to the generators. By the way how are the shields working out any problems?" Rachael asked.

"Well we have successgull gotten to the entrace and made a small hallway into the infirmary back ups and the main generator room." Captain Johnson said.

"Excellent I was hoping to get in there tonight, to see the damage." Rachael smiled at that bit of news, but her expression changed, "There is a bit of information from the briefing that I must share with the three of you, as of right now it won't go beyond us there and Devin and Kylie the two Civilians who came down with me." She glance over at Pierce for a second and notice his slight angry at the mention of there names. "This is regaurding the General," she paused for a second to let that sink in, "He has been blened with a symbiote," she purposely left out calling it a goa'uld or Tok'ra, "But there is no need to concern yourself. As of right now we believe it is a Tok'ra symbiote and are trying to confirm that stroy although it has been partial confirmed by Devin and Jaa'nik."

Pierce was teh first to respond, "How can we be sure? I mean the tok'ra aren't exactly forth coming with information, and they aren't exactaly around much to help out." Rachael could detect in his voice distain and distrust although she figured it was bias toward Devin and his earlier actions.

"As of right now General Blue is under the careful eyes of Dr. Aaronson and Colonel Marshall. So there is no need to worry." Racheal directed this mainly toward Pierce.

Sgt. Daniels looks at Rachael and noticed that she was very calm about the whole situtation, "Well righ tnow I Can't afford to worry and focus my thoughts on the General, although I am concerned. I turst Colonel Marshall and Dr. Aaronson to deal with the situtation as they see fit."

Rachael figured his reaction would be like that, "I'm not going to inform the crews until we break for the day, I don't need any of them distracted." she glance down at her watch is was already 1600 hours, "I want to try and get to teh generators tongith if at all possible."

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Kylie pulled back quickly as Devin reacted to the sound of someone approaching. She grabbed the nearsest available weapon, which happened to be a rock and prepared herself to throw it at the intruder. She was slightly embarrassed when she realilzed that it had only been Capt. Johnson."Adria, hi." She managed to squeek out. Looking at her hand still poised in mid-throw, she quickly dropped the rock to the side. She wondered how much Adria had seen and studied her face for a moment trying to decide if she needed to make up any kind of excuse.

((In light of recent posts: I'm confussed did Adria see them kissing, or did she run into Kylie right after they got off the elevator and before Kylie and Devin went down the hall??))

((Edit: Decided to go with Vampyr on this one...))

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
((Urf... Gotta go...))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Rachael glanced over her shoulder to see if Devin and Kylie had decided to come back yet, she was slightly irriated that they had walked off like that. She turned her head back around and saw the look on Pierce face, she knew she had to keep him away from Devin, or else there would be big trouble. "Alright I am going to take a few minutes and get a plan ready."

Daniels nodded his head than walked up to Pierce and asked him what was going on he told him, than Daniels walked back up to Rachael. "I am a little concerned, about having them down here."

Rachael look up from her laptop, "Don't worry about them, just do me a favor and keep Pierce away from Devin. I can handle them."

"Alright but don't say I didn't try and warn you." He said than turned to walk off.

"Thanks" was her only response before she returned to her lap top. Than she look up and saw Adria standing in front of her, she figured she would need to talk with her after that little revelation.

Planetary_Alliance
April 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
((We are going to go with I saw but didn't say anything. I'll bring it up with one of you latter. And max if you weren't so fast at posting and i wasn't doing 10million things i could have posted before you.))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM
((Alright, that works, just post now in response to my original post and give us your reaction to the news about the General, please. Sorry about posting to fast, or she could talk with Rachael about it that would work.

PA- if you edited your post right before mine showing that you are there, than I can edite my last one to include you reaction to the news or delete it and move it.))

Planetary_Alliance
April 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Adria followed Racheal as she went to talk to Pierce but waited till they were done to say anything. After they were done talking Adria stepped in. "Ok two things. One I realy dont like this news about the General. Something doesn't feel right and you know more then your telling. So is it gou'ld or Tok'ra? Second, the two civis. I dont like what I just saw. They were kissing and hugging when I came around the corner." Adria stopped talking to look at Racheal's face to see if she was going to get the answers she wanted.

(hey got to go post again in about an hour.)

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
((Ok, I think all my posts have been edited properly now....This is what happens you're trying to cook Easter dinner and post at the same time....))

Planetary_Alliance
April 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM
((I edited my post putting her near the elavator and she is going to wait on her reaction until the post above this one))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
((Edited my other post to included PA walking up to Rachael, here we go.))

Rachael look at Adria, "Alright calm down, they are pretty sure it is a Tok'ra symbiote, a young one. Its was an experiment with the asgard and cloning. If they weren't sure they would not of told us. Ok, as I said before he is in Isolation, plus as of right now Col. Lancaster is in charge of the base." She put her hand on Adria shoulder, "I would not have you three if I wasn't sure that everything is going to be alright. I just figured it was better you here it from me than in the gossipi chain that I am sure will be starting up pretty soon."

She paused to think for a moment, "As for the two civilians, it looks like they haven't learned anything since the last talk I had. This is turning into a nightmare of a day. I will deal with them, alright just don't worry about them." She wanted to get a gun out right at that moment and shoot them this time.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Kylie watched as Adria walked back down the hall to meet with Dr. Ezekiel at the elevators. She met Devin's eyes and saw the same thing reflected in his eyes that she was thinking. This was not going to be pretty. She knew that the second Adria got the chance, she would tell Rachael what she had witnessed. She swallowed hard and finding her voice she turned back around to face Devin. "We really need to be careful where we are when we decide to do that. It might even be a good idea for us to try and work seperatly tonight. I really, really like being around you, but when Dr. Ezekiel hears about this, it isn't going to be pretty. I don't want to give her anything else to add to her list of things she hates about us." She looked over her shoulder before gripping Devin's hand in hers. "I do love you, nothing will change that."

After making her way back to the elevators with Devin, Kylie spotted Rachael talking to Adria. She told Devin that she would be right back and walked toward Dr. Ezekiel. She cautiously approached the two and recognizing Rachael's anger, she asked, "Dr. Ezekiel, may I see you alone for a moment? I'll need to talk to you later as well, Adria." She hadn't heard what the two had been talking about, but figured it was about her and Devin.

((Must go finish Easter dinner now, will be back in about an hour))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Rachael turned to see Kylie standing behind her, she had to take a deep breathe before she said anything, "I am very disappointed in you Kylie. Words cannot describe how I feel at this moment in time."

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
The words cut deep into Kylie's very soul, stinging her. There was one thing that bothered her more than anything else, and that was when she felt as if she had let someone down. She dropped her head, unable to meet the other woman's eyes. She considered telling Dr. Ezekiel everything that happened between herself and Devin, but changed her mind at the look Rachael had sent her way just before speaking. She was angry, and if she took that anger out on Devin...Kylie didn't want to think about the consequences."You have every right to be disappointed and even angry, and that's why I wanted to talk to you right away." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I wouldn't normally behave the way that I have today, and before you say anything, I know you don't believe me. If I were you, I wouldn't believe myself right about now, either. But there are very few things in this world that I am willing to risk my reputation over, and today I was faced with one of those things. I'm sure that you've read my personnel file and are aware of the fact that I was raised in foster care. I never talk about it, because it's too painful to remember, but for whatever reason, I told Devin about some of my experiences. While we were waiting for you in the infirmary, I revealed a praticularly difficult incident. He was trying to comfort me just now. Please, don't blame any of what Captain Johnson just told you on Devin. It was entirely my fault, I used poor judgement in allowing my emotions to get out of control. I know you'll have to do something about this, but Devin and I have already agreed to not work in the same area tonight, and if you feel the need to punish me further, I'll understand, but there's no need to punish Devin as well, he was just being a nice and considerate guy." She had left out the bulk of the details from the story, but she didn't want Devin to be placed in a situation in which he might react with anger. She felt that was just what would happen if Dr. Ezekiel confronted him with the information she had just learned. With her eyes still focused on the ground, she waited to see how Rachael would react.

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Devin considered stepping in and saying something, but Jaa'nik told him to ere on the side of caution this time. So he said nothing, instead simply standing there with a slight glint in his eye. This wasn't how he wanted to handle the situation, he tought as he listened to Racheal and Kylie argue, but anything he said now probably wouldn't help. As the conversation progressed, he could not keep from uttering a deep throaty growl, this wasn't the way he did things, and he didn't like just sitting here.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Kylie glanced back to where Devin was standing. She hoped that he was far enough away that he couldn't hear what she was saying, but figured that he probably had heard every word. And he probably wasn't happy about it. Kylie had seen no alternative when she approached Dr. Ezekiel. It was the best option in her eyes: to tell a partial truth, and make a sacrifice in order to return things to normal. She cared for Devin enough that she was willing to help protect his reputation, despite the possibility that she could be ruining hers. But he was too important to the Stargate program to be ruined by something like this. If they were able to maintain a professional distance, then maybe, just maybe, their relationship outside of work would still survive. This wasn't how she had pictured everything happening, but it was too late to go back now. It broke her heart to say the words she had just spoken, but she thought that it would work out for the best in the end.

((Kylie is just so stubborn!!))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Rachael look at Kylie, "You two have just put me in a horrible position. I was willing to let this thing go, your punishment was going to be working with me, which many have said it's like a form of punishment." She just wanted to yell, but knew she had to keep her cool so as not to attract an audience, "Alright you will work separate from each other tonight and possibly tomorrow it depends on my mood. You are going to be working with me."

She look down the hall and saw Devin listening in, "You taking the blame for this, doesn't exonerate Devin. He was there and a willing participant, and don't say he wasn't."

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Kylie felt two feet tall at the moment. She knew she had messed up big time, and to make matters worse, Kylie was acting like she was in high school. All she could say was, "Yes, ma'am...ah...Doctor." She had tried to protect Devin, but knew that it would be futile to push the point any further. "I know you're probably never going to trust me again..." She broke off and didn't continue the thought.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Rachael was quite for several minutes which seemed like hours when she look at Kylie, "You're going to have earn that turst again." She finally said, "We have to get back to work, go and get Devin tell him he will be working along side Sgt. Daniels."

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Striding up angrily Devin said, trying to keep from yelling, "Doctor." He seethed, "As I explained to Sergeant Pierce, I volunteered(sp?) to help out down here to expedite reparing the StarGate, as you're probably well aware. Now quite... Just a moment." He sighed, anger abating, "Jaa'nik wants to speak."

Bowing his head, Devin closed his eyes. When his head was raised and the eyes open, it was Jaa'nik who was in control. "Doctor. Devin and Kylie were not the only parties responsible for the previous minutes." The symbiote spun around on Devin's heels, "We shall be found in Devin's quarters should we be required. Until then good day." With that proclamation, Jaa'nik quickly walked towards the elevator.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM
"Wait a minute, stop right there." Rachael yelled.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Kylie was unsure how to react. Her entire body screamed at her to go after Devin. If he was that important to her, then she shouldn't just leave him. But something else was keeping her feet rooted to the place. That something insisted that she was being held accountable to Dr. Ezekiel, therefore should not act until after the Dr. gave her permission to do so. She was reminded of her evil foster parents. The ones that had always crippled Kylie by telling what to do and punishing her if she didn't do it. That was why she had survived this long in a military setting despite being a civilian. She had learned to take orders, and she would never dream of crossing those orders except for rare moments. Hearing Rachael call after Devin, she put a hand on Dr. Ezekiel's arm, "Let him go," she chocked out.

It was killing her not going after Devin, but she knew that if she did, she would be blowing her last chance with Dr. Ezekiel. The choice had come down to career or love. She had learned long ago to never fight back. She chose career. In a small voice, she whispered to Rachael, "Where should I begin working?"

((Not where I originally intended to go, but how the muse thinks, nobody knows))
((Edit: To reflect MO's post))

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Rachael turned to face Kylie, she thought about it for a moment, "No where, you stay here." she turned back to wait for Devin and Jaa'nik to come back. "Now I'm really mad." Rachael said aloud. She grabbed her radio, "Daniels, I will be back in a little while. Something just came up." She than moved to the elevator, "Kylie you're with me." And got there just before the doors closed all the way she put her hand in between them and it opened back up.

((I wasn't planning on going here either, but here we are.))

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM
"Or what?" Jaa'nik asked in a challenging tone, wheeling around, "You seem to forget so quickly Devin volunteered to assist in reconstruction. As such, Devin can rescind his offer of help. He has chosen so, as he feels his help could be used else where. He believes that the prototype DHD requires adjustments. We plan to move it into the main lab, where several people are currently working." She tried to drop the hint as bluntly as possible so that Doctor Ezekiel would realise Jaa'nik was attempting to help. "Do what you wish from there on out. But for now, Devin and I have work to do."

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Kylie ran after Rachael to the elevators. There was no way she was going to allow her to go after Devin unless she came as well. She was afraid of what would happen if she wasn't there. She held her breath as Jaa'nik spoke waiting for Dr. Ezekiel's reaction. She couldn't say anything that would help at the moment.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Rachael look at Devin, "You see that's where your wrong, yes your volunteered, but when you did you put yourself under my command. You have done two things wrong, one piss me off and two walking away."

"You have.." Rachael stopped for a second, "You know what fine leave, go back to your DHD, I don't have time for this, anyway." She turned around and faced Kylie, "If you want you can leave to." She turned around once again, "Although you won't get to test it until I get the power back up and even than I can stop you from testing it, you don't wnat to make me an enemy." Rachael was furious, but decided this wasn't worth it.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Kylie was torn between the two doctors. She looked quickly between the two and felt as if no matter what she chose, someone would be upset. "Jaa'nik, I..." She paused meeting the symbiote's eyes for a brief moment. "I'm sorry." She whispered, biting her tongue to keep the tears from falling down her cheeks. She turned to follow Rachael down the hall. She wouldn't be any help trying to work on the DHD with Devin, and if she was around him, she wasn't sure that she could keep from wanting to kiss him again. If their momentary relationship had meant anything, then it would survive this.

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM
"Doctor, that would be not be wise. For several reasons, first off, both Devin and yourself are department heads, secondly, aside from the alternate universe misson, Devin's effort with the prototype is the only endeavour to bring the StarGate back online.", Jaa'nik narrowed her eyes, fighting like this wasn't what she came here to do, "So unless you enjoy being stuck here in the base. I advise you do not attempt to sabotage Devin's efforts."

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Rachael stopped and turned around, "Yeah I am department head, and the no one will risk damaging the generators again, especially if I say connecting his DHD won't be safe. They will listen to me, I know the generators better than one on this base. I am not going to go near his DHD, and he can forget about getting my help, although seeing as how I probably the only other person on this base who understand how a DHD works, he probably won't get it to work anyway."

Rachael was slightly surprised that Kylie decided to stay and work, it showed character in her. She turned around and just walked away from the elevator down the hall to where Sgt. Daniels was at.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Kylie wanted to scream at both Rachael and Jaa'nik. She turned to face Devin/Jaa'nik to say one last thing before going after Rachael."Don't listen to her. It will work. Please, promise me that you won't stop trying to fix the DHD. And once I manage to have some control back over my emotions, you and I need to have a little chat about that attitude, because quite frankly, I care too much about you to see you throw away that department head tittle simply because of an anger management problem." Without waiting for a reply, Kylie darted down the hall toward Dr. Ezekiel.

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Switching over to the lower voice of the host Jaa'nik said, "Then good-bye." And in Goau'ld muttered, "Jack-a**." Hitting the elevator call button, Jaa'nik ceded control of the body over to Devin. Walking into the elevator, Devin loudly uttered several Belgian curses towards Dr. Ezekiel as the doors closed.

<<To Quarters.>>

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Rachael heard the words form Devin, but decided that it wasn't worth a response. She heard Kylie come up behind her a few seconds later. "Alright Daniels you and Pierce take the infirmary while I work on getting to the main generators." They both nodded to her command and walk off down the hall talking with each other.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Kylie took a few deep breaths to calm her emotions. After Daniels and Pierce were out of earshot, Kylie turned to Rachael and met her gaze. "You're going to have to give Devin a chance eventually. He really does know what he's doing. But that's another conversation for another time. Right now, just show me how I can help."

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Once they were out of ear shot Daniels turned to Pierce, "I don't think I have ever seen her that mad before."

"I know I haven't and I hope I don't ever get on her bad side." Pierce said.

"Yeah, that Devin has pissed off the wrong person today. Even worse than making you mad."

"Well it wasn't his actions that made me mad so much as his attitude. That is why I don't really like working with civilians. They are way to much trouble, with the exception of Dr. Ezekiel, of course." Pierce said.

Daniels smiled at Pierce, "Well I can't believe the girl, Kylie decided to stick around. I thought for sure she would leave."

"Well shall we get to work." Pierce said, as they walk up to the infirmary back up generators.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Rachael look at Kylie, "The probelm with Devin is, he is well arrogrant. I don't like arrogrant, it quite frankly pissed me off."

Rachael started to walk toward the main generator room, she look at the small space to get in, "His DHD may work, but he knows as well as I do its a long shot, that is why the mission to the AU went ahead." She started to walk down the narrow hall but than back up and look around for her bag that she had left down here, some where. She noticed it and picked it up, than shoved her laptop and note pad in it, and continued down the narrow space. "Just follow me, I have to get back to that wall. And I don't really have to give him a chance, you see there is one thing I don't think quite get, I have read both of your files. You might be surprised by something, am well slightly younger than both of you. I won't say how much, but I understand things on a level that most people my age or even people ten or twenty years older than me don't. I have a some what unique prespective on things."

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM
"In my experience, it's not age that counts, it's maturity, and I think we all have some growing up to do. Your unique perspective may serve it's purpose in some situations, but in this case, with respect, I think you blew it. I stayed down here to work because, I know that I'm needed more here than trying to help Devin with something that I don't understand. And I'm sure that just as I don't understand the innerworkings of a DHD, I don't understand all of Devin's motivations, and I know you don't. And you can't react to someone you don't understand, meaning that your reaction to him just now was extremely premature. I don't pretend to understand it all, and I'm sorry if I offended you just now, but the way I see it, just reading someone's personnel file doesn't make you an expert on that person." Kylie took a breath and waited to see how Dr. Ezekiel would respond.

max_omega
April 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
"I didn't want to imply that I was an expert on either of you, I am not even an expert on myself yet. My point is..." she trailed off as she came to the back of the room. She looks up and saw the shield that was holding back the rocks. "I honestly can sympathize with you; I know how difficult it is to be a civilian on this base. I was actually going to just, let’s say scrap your slight indiscretion in the mess hall under the rug. There really wasn’t much I could have done as far as discipline seeing as how the brig is out of commission, nor did I want to do anything.”

She set down her bag as she continued to talk and pulled out her lap top and connected it to the shield generator about ten feet off the ground via a cable, “This shield will hold nicely for what I have to do.” Hand me my bag would you, she did and she took out a small pen.

“To be honest it rather amused me that you made Pierce mad, he doesn’t get mad often.” Rachael stopped talking to check the readings on her lap top. “You probably understand things better than you think; you don’t give yourself enough credit. As for my unique perspective well let’s just say I have wisdom beyond my own years.”

Rachael unconsciously rubbed the left side of her head, as she worked on her laptop, “I don’t think Devin acted very mature in this situation either. As for what Captain Johnson told me, it just made me mad that after I asked the both of you not to do that in public again, as in keeping it off base off duty; you did it less than an hour after I made myself clear. That is what made me furious.”

((and with this, I will now say good night.))

Vampyr
April 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
((Of course Devin's arrogant! :eek:
Most of my RPG characters are arrogant, except for Veidt, he was just a whackjob and Tomri, he looked out for his people.))

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Kylie swallowed unconciously at the mention of the brig. She thought that would have been an ultra-extreme action.

Pierce seemed to be able to get angry rather quickly, so Rachael's statement suprised Kylie. But she considered the fact that they didn't just tell him what had happened in the first place and they were civilians.

Finally Kylie openned her mouth to respond to Rachael. "Devin didn't react well, either, you're right, but I don't think he would want me to talk too much about that with you. I never did thank you for trying to help like you did, I apprciate that. And I know that we let you down, and there is no viable excuse for that. I don't blame you one bit for being angry. If you don't mind, could we just put the rest of this conversation on hold for right now and concentrate on work. We can finish the lecture later." Kylie didn't offer any other explianations, but simply fell silent as she waited for Rachael to tell her how to proceede.

JacksonMiracle
April 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
((Arrogance is better than low self-esteem and constant child-like submissiveness ;) ))

max_omega
April 9th, 2007, 04:23 AM
Rachael stopped what she was going and said, "I can tell that you care for Devin, and you try to hide it. You both do, I am not going to lecture either of you any more. I think the best thing is just to try and forget about this, I have to much work to get down to worry about the two of you. Just please try to remember that even though you are civilians, respect the military rules." With that said she went back to work.

She look down at her lap top, "Alright, here is what I want to do, that shield up there is holding back the rocks from crashing down on his. Now I think I can set up another one, that will allow me to push back the rock and get to the generators." She grabbed her bag again, and got out a second shield, "I am going to try and put up a second shiled just inside the first one, well sort of anyway..." she trailed off again, as if thinking of things that could go wrong.

((I am going to have to think about how I am going to get to the generators from here.))

JacksonMiracle
April 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
((Take your time in thinking, I may not be able to get on again until late tonight, if even then))

Kylie fingered the pendant that was still around her neck and considered the problem that now lay in front of them. She knew next to nothing about engineering or the current level of structrural soundness of the building, but she could tell that getting to the generators would be no small task. "That sounds like a good plan, might be a little tricky, but I'm sure you can do it, and I'm here to help in whatever way I can."

max_omega
April 9th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Rachael took a minute to clear her mind of everything that had happened this afternoon, especially what had happened with Devin and Kylie. She knew she only needed to focus on the task at hand. Why did they have to do this today, any other day I really would not have cared, although any other day it would not have been my problem. But since they were suppose to be working for me. She glanced over at Captain Johnson, who had been down here since the beginning; At least I know I can count on some people. No, stop thinking that way, you know this wasn’t your fault; they are the ones who chose to disobey the regulations. It’s not there fault either, your not perfect. Just focus Rachael. Focus.

She almost stopped what she was doing, when the last Focus went through her mind, it was her voice in there, but not her voice. It was as if it was an echo of some thing she heard long ago, she dismissed her thoughts, and finally said. “Alright, let me show you what I need to get done,” she pulled up a 3D view of the base schematics on her computer and went to the generator room. “This is where we are at; obviously, if you look closely at the rocks you can see the first of five generators. That power the base, I’d like to at least to get that one, if at all possible.”

((I am also setting up a major thing, Vampyr shouldn't of left from here. I don't know if it will happen on this day or the next day (RP time), I think if I do this write it will happen soon. But I won't tell you what it is, it will be a surprise.))

Vampyr
April 9th, 2007, 04:23 PM
((Sadly, I'm not going to be here tomorrow [real time], half the day after and there's no guarantee that I'll be on as frequently for the rest of the week. If Devin absolutely has to be there, JM can play him.))

JacksonMiracle
April 9th, 2007, 06:17 PM
((That is sad indeed. I can't play Devin nearly as good as Vampyr, but need to see what MO has in mind before I even know what I want to do with Kylie... :rolleyes: ))

Kylie carefully studied the image on the laptop, then turned to study where the rocks were blocking access to the generators. "If we're careful, I think we may just be able to pull it off." She paused a moment, "You know, I'm actually kind of glad that you're in charge of all this. I wouldn't have any idea what to do next or even where to start."

Planetary_Alliance
April 9th, 2007, 07:59 PM
((TIME travel. No i am just making up for not paying attention.))
Rachael turned to see Kylie standing behind her, she had to take a deep breathe before she said anything, "I am very disappointed in you Kylie. Words cannot describe how I feel at this moment in time."
Adria kept her head up. She had told Racheal what she had seen and if they had been told something about it before she was not going to shead anytime thinking about how bad a person she was. Adria though did move her hand to the intar holster on her belt just incase something happened or Racheal decided just to knock the two out for a few hours.

Rachael look at Kylie, "You two have just put me in a horrible position. I was willing to let this thing go, your punishment was going to be working with me, which many have said it's like a form of punishment." She just wanted to yell, but knew she had to keep her cool so as not to attract an audience, "Alright you will work separate from each other tonight and possibly tomorrow it depends on my mood. You are going to be working with me."

She look down the hall and saw Devin listening in, "You taking the blame for this, doesn't exonerate Devin. He was there and a willing participant, and don't say he wasn't."
Adria had a quick smile flash across her face here. She knew that working under Racheal normaly wouldn't be a bad thing but now she wasn't so sure. Adria decided to keep quiet but she new if they didn't shut up there would be an explosion.

"Wait a minute, stop right there." Rachael yelled.
I was right. adria thought to herself once again smiling. Devin/or his symbiot had pusshed it to far and she had blown. Adria undid the clasp on her holster making it so she could take the intar out faster if she needed to but she was pretty sure that this would cause more of a delay in work then injuries in the infirmary.

Switching over to the lower voice of the host Jaa'nik said, "Then good-bye." And in Goau'ld muttered, "Jack-a**." Hitting the elevator call button, Jaa'nik ceded control of the body over to Devin. Walking into the elevator, Devin loudly uttered several Belgian curses towards Dr. Ezekiel as the doors closed.

<<To Quarters.>>
Adria caught everyword even understanding a few of them and whipped out her intar and aimed at devin's head as the doors closed, their eyes meeting for a second, both cold as ice. She would have loved right then to just left of the full clip she had in the gun at the moment, It was like Adria's bad past and all she hated was being focused onto this kid, but she wasn't sure Racheal would think to kind to that or maybe she would. Racheal wasn't realy looking Adria's way but she noticed Kylie glance at the intar and nodded at her that they needed to talk in private. Putting the intar back in its holster Adria started to make her way towards Racheal.

"I didn't want to imply that I was an expert on either of you, I am not even an expert on myself yet. My point is..." she trailed off as she came to the back of the room. She looks up and saw the shield that was holding back the rocks. "I honestly can sympathize with you; I know how difficult it is to be a civilian on this base. I was actually going to just, let’s say scrap your slight indiscretion in the mess hall under the rug. There really wasn’t much I could have done as far as discipline seeing as how the brig is out of commission, nor did I want to do anything.”

She set down her bag as she continued to talk and pulled out her lap top and connected it to the shield generator about ten feet off the ground via a cable, “This shield will hold nicely for what I have to do.” Hand me my bag would you, she did and she took out a small pen.

“To be honest it rather amused me that you made Pierce mad, he doesn’t get mad often.” Rachael stopped talking to check the readings on her lap top. “You probably understand things better than you think; you don’t give yourself enough credit. As for my unique perspective well let’s just say I have wisdom beyond my own years.”

Rachael unconsciously rubbed the left side of her head, as she worked on her laptop, “I don’t think Devin acted very mature in this situation either. As for what Captain Johnson told me, it just made me mad that after I asked the both of you not to do that in public again, as in keeping it off base off duty; you did it less than an hour after I made myself clear. That is what made me furious.”

((and with this, I will now say good night.))
Adria came up besides Racheal just as she herd her name mentioned but kept silent just tapping Racheal on the shoulder to tell her that Adria was here to back her up.

((That is sad indeed. I can't play Devin nearly as good as Vampyr, but need to see what MO has in mind before I even know what I want to do with Kylie... :rolleyes: ))

Kylie carefully studied the image on the laptop, then turned to study where the rocks were blocking access to the generators. "If we're careful, I think we may just be able to pull it off." She paused a moment, "You know, I'm actually kind of glad that you're in charge of all this. I wouldn't have any idea what to do next or even where to start."
Adria looked at the laptop image and noticed a few small details she didn't think Kylie would notice but were important. Finaly after a few more moments she spoke up. "Racheal I want to check something on that back up generator" she said pointing to the diagram, "but I need someone to hold a light for me. So could I take Kylie. It might not be anything but better safe than sorry." Adria knew that Racheal would know there was nothing there cause she had pointed to one of the fans and they had already checked those but Kylie wouldn't and that would give Adria an excuse.

((Ok sorry for the quotes but they were needed to show time progression(sp?) and Most of all to keep me on track. Please read the whole post cause there are a few things I slipped in there that are going to be important posibly latter in the story))

Planetary_Alliance
April 10th, 2007, 03:49 AM
((hey just showing that indeed i am trying to check more often and post at least twice a day))

max_omega
April 10th, 2007, 04:16 AM
(PA- First change the third generator to back ups, than that would be fine. Cuz you can only see one of the main generators, the rest are buried under a couple ton of rocks. I probably will start the surprise on Friday, maybe wednesday not sure yet. Depends on how real life is going. As for Devin coming back down, it all depends on my mood. And how much of Rachael frustation she gets out on the repairs she is about to undertake. )

Rachael look at Adria for a second and knew why, "Alright," she said almost hesitating. "Just hurry back quickly."

JacksonMiracle
April 10th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Adria caught everyword even understanding a few of them and whipped out her intar and aimed at devin's head as the doors closed, their eyes meeting for a second, both cold as ice. She would have loved right then to just left of the full clip she had in the gun at the moment, It was like Adria's bad past and all she hated was being focused onto this kid, but she wasn't sure Racheal would think to kind to that or maybe she would. Racheal wasn't realy looking Adria's way but she noticed Kylie glance at the intar and nodded at her that they needed to talk in private. Putting the intar back in its holster Adria started to make her way towards Racheal.

Kylie tensed at Adria's actions, but made no move to intervine. She mentally counted the people that she or Devin had officially angered beyond repair. First there was Pierce, then Rachael, now it seemed that she could add Adria to the list as well. She considered how best to repair the situation, but couldn't consider it for long because she knew that the repairs to the base had to be completed first.

Rachael look at Adria for a second and knew why, "Alright," she said almost hesitating. "Just hurry back quickly."

Kylie followed Adria to the backup generators wondering if this was really work related or some scheme just to get the two of them alone for a moment. She decided that it was probably the later since Rachael hadn't said anything about needing to check the backups earlier. She paused briefly to grab a light, and proceeded toward the generator in question. "So, what exactly are we checking for?" She asked once they were out of hearing range from Rachael, choosing to act clueless for the moment. She looked down at Adria's holster to be sure that her intar was safely tucked away. After what she had seen earlier, she knew that she really didn't want to take any chances with the captain.

Planetary_Alliance
April 10th, 2007, 10:40 AM
((Ok my bad i forgot. ;) And i cant wait for the "event"))

"A piece of debry caught in then fan." Adria said handing her a flashlight and showing her where to point it. This was exactly what she and Racheal had done a few days ago but Adria had been holding the flashlight.

((will post again when i get back from work))

JacksonMiracle
April 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Kylie accepted the flashlight, and aimed it where Adria had instructed. She watched for a few minutes while the other woman tried to reach the stray piece of debry. Taking a quick look around to be sure that no one was listening to their conversation, she decided to start the talk that the two desperatly needed to have. "I don't know if you've heard the rumors going around the base lately, and if you haven't then you probably will soon. Especially if I stay down here for long." She shifted the flashlight beam in response to Adria's movements before continuing. "Long story, short, Devin kissed me in the mess hall earlier today. We were having a pretty deep conversation, the topic of which shall remain between us, and it was a natural emotional response. Same thing happened when you saw us just a few minutes ago. We both know that the military has regulations, and we really don't mean to disrespect that. But we also feel as if we do deserve some amount of freedom after everything we've put into the base." She hoped that the explaination had been enough to assure Adria that Devin would not have normally reacted as he did at the elevators. Or at least, Kylie hoped that it had been an isolated incident. "And just for the record, I'm not angry that you told Rachael. I'm just a little upset with myself right now. But I am a little curious why you felt it necessary to draw your intar and point it toward Devin earlier. He was walking away." She tried to maintain a level tone of voice as she spoke, but had to check her volume anyway.

max_omega
April 10th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Rachael watched the two of them walk off, she shook her head. This is going to be a long evening. She refocused her attention on what she was trying to get done. "Maybe she can talk with her, and get through to her better than I can."

She stopped thinking about everything else and just focused on what she needed to get done.

Planetary_Alliance
April 10th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Adria actted like she had finished checking the generator and looked up. She was sorta bent out of shape from trying to get a look at the fan without blocking the light. "Look," Adria said, "Your file was sent to me before the whole gate explosion thing. You were raised in foster care due to your mother's death and your dad's alcohoalisim. My parents died in a car crash and I was adopted. They were awsome parents but they had there flaws espicaly right after I was adopted." Adria stopped here looking at Kylie who was not watching Adria's face in rapt attention. "Now most of what I am telling you isn't in my bio's history and I would prefer it stayed that way. My father was slightly abusive and as you will learn I dont let my guard down and I am willing to kill for my friends as you saw me want to do to Devin." Adria stood up here and took out the gun in her holster and ejected the clip showing Kylie. "Its an Intar. I was doing a training exercise right when the earthquake happened and I never knew if I would need it." Adria put the clip back in the intar and put it in its holster. "Now your civilian but I truly don't give a Frak." Adria's voice raised slightly but was obviously pissed.
Mad facehttp://blogs.chron.com/tubular/archives/Starbuck-Leoben%20small.JPG
"Now I want you to understand this. What happened right there, today wont happen again. I hadn't herd about the mess hall incident but that just proves to me that you need this reality check. This is a military facility which means everyone is soupose to recognise the rules." Adria now took a step towards Kylie and lowered her voice so that only Kylie could hear her, but Adria could see Racheal watching them over Kylie’s shoulder. “Before the earthquake, before this incident I was going to go to the general and ask to have you asigned to my team. Now I am still planning to do that, but belive me. If there is ever another public kissing session again you will be asigned to the lab for a few months and that is it.” Adria backed off and stepped behind Kylie and gave Racheal a thumbs up and a wink. “The generator is fine.” Adria said walking over, “and I don’t think we’ll have any other problems with Kylie and Devin” Adria said in an undertown that only Racheal herd.

(sorry for the big pic but it was the only one i could find of her mad)

JacksonMiracle
April 10th, 2007, 02:47 PM
((Will have to post after class, just didn't want you think I was ignoring you :) ))

Planetary_Alliance
April 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
((Hey i was on my cell reading your post durring work but i didn't post either so take your time. Now i'm home writing an essay on why Truman dropped the TWO atomic bombs *snores*))

Vampyr
April 10th, 2007, 03:04 PM
((*Twiddles thumbs* Nobody tells me bloody anything. The vacation starts tomorrow... :mckay: ))

JacksonMiracle
April 10th, 2007, 05:28 PM
((My current essay-differences between liberalism and conservatism. Last night it was differences between Hinayana and Mahayana Buddhism. Oh, the joys of school :) ))

Kylie was frozen to her spot for several moments before she was able to regain her equaliberium. She had just been hit hard in the face, point blank, with several surprises. It took her mind several minutes to catch up and process all that she had just learned. Adria was definately not someone that she wanted to mess with, at least not at this point. She could imagine some of the arguments that the two of them would have if she was actually placed on her team. On her team...the words finally registered with Kylie. Someone was actually interested in including her on a team. The thought had suprised Kylie, and left her almost as speechless as the anger that was evident in Adria's voice.

The next thought that occured to Kylie was that Adria had been one of the lucky ones. Despite having been abused, and Kylie didn't believe that the abuse had been slight by any standards, she had been adopted. At least she hadn't been uprooted every six months to two years and been placed with a different family.

She managed to bite back the words that she wanted to say to Adria. Now was not the time to start another argument. She would have to tell Adria how she felt eventually, but she would allow the emotions to be shoved to one side, at least for the moment. She was by no means afraid of Adria, but there were more important things to accomplish right now.

Kylie turned slowly around, allowing her face to morph into a blank stare. "Shall we get back to work on uncovering that first generator?" She emotionlessly asked Dr. Ezekiel.

Planetary_Alliance
April 11th, 2007, 03:02 AM
((nice post. you read it better than i thought you would and caught some of the underlying things i added. the not so slight abuse.))

max_omega
April 11th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Rachael was slightly irriated when they walked off, but figured it was better to be alone for a few minutes than blow up again. So she just let them go, than closed her eyes for a second and cleared her mind of everything. She that started to walk the length of the shiled and marked hot spots where it could become a problem. She tried not to listen to them, but occassionaly she would catch a word or two.

“and I don’t think we’ll have any other problems with Kylie and Devin”

She look at the shield and the walls to try and find the best place to set up the shield. She look up as they walked back in and heard Adria whisper something. She smiled back, "You didn't have to yell so loud."

She saw Kylie walk back in behind Adria, "Yeah, I have mark off on the floor where we might run into problems with the shield. I also have an SF bringing us up some food and water. He should be here," she look at the door, "Right now."

As she spoke a young airman walked in carrying some food and water along with a little something special, coffee. "I could only get one container of coffee, the chef says he just can't keep this i n stock right now. I think his exact words were, 'They can't expect me to have coffee on hand at every second, especailly with half the base living off of it.'" He than set the tray down and walked out of the room.

Rachael immediatly went over to the coffee and filled up her cup. "I lvoe coffee, it always seems to calm nerves." She galnced over at Kylie who looked like she might burst in laugher, "Don't say anything, I know I might of been in a better mode earlier if I had had a cup of coffee in my hands."

She galnced at the two of them, "So eat something now, than we can get started. I know its not exactly a hot meal from the mess but it will work in a pinch." She than grabbed one of the MRE and noticed, "A nice turkey sandwich, my favorite," than opened it up and began to eat it.

JacksonMiracle
April 11th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Kylie filled her own mug with coffee immediently after Rachael was finished. A little coffee in the system never hurt anyone. She also figured that they all would have acted differently if coffee had been present during the earlier parts of the day. She took a small sip, savoring the taste for a moment. "Now this is ten times better than chocolate or nerds." She thought aloud remembering the talk she had with Devin. She briefly wondered how the final tests were going on the DHD as she picked up an MRE and started to eat. That's funny, she thought to herself I seem to remember him saying that he had pretty much run all the simulations possible, at least until power had been fully restored to the base. Maybe he thought of some additional ones, or maybe he just needed an excuse to get away. Better that than the alternative. Kylie was so focused on her own thoughts that she almost missed it when Rachael began to speak again.

((Thanks, PA, and if Adria talks next, rather than Rachael, then I can change the post))

max_omega
April 11th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Rachael finsihed her sandwhich, and thought for a moment before speaking, “Alright this is my plan, we can use to shields stick on inside of the other so they over lap and than zat the rocks to get them out of the way.” Rachael thought for a moment, “Here is the plan, as you can tell there is a small amount of space up high at the top of the wall just inside the shield, I am going to climb up there and set the second shield inside the first one, now when I do that I am going to have to complete step through to the other side, because I won’t be able to come back once I have my arms on that side.”

She look around the room and up the top, “Once I have the second shield set will activate it and if I do it right I should be able to push back some of the rock.” She was about to get up when she look down at the other side, “Wait a minute,” she said than turned to Adria, “There are two parts to the shields, I need Kylie out side of the shield in case something goes wrong. Do you feel up to hooking up the other side on the opposite wall? Since you already know how to use them?”

((Once you guys (PA & JM) post after this, than the surprise will start. But I probably won't be on till tomorrow afternoon, if than. If I am not on tomorrow after noon it will be on Friday.))

JacksonMiracle
April 11th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Kylie looked up at the shields where Rachael had indicated. It sounded like a fairly uncomplicated plan, but once she looked at the placement of the first shield, she knew that carrying out the plan would be anything but simple. From what she had heard about Rachael, Kylie had every confidence that she would be able to pull it off. She nodded as the other woman explained the plan. She was beginning to catch on to what needed to be accomplished.

She finished the last bite of her meal and met Rachael's eyes to indicate that she was ready to get back to work. "I'm ready when you are Dr." She took another sip of coffee and glanced slightly uneasily toward Adria to see if there was anything in her expression that would indicate this would be harder than she thought it would be, afterall she did know a little more about the overall situation since she had been down nearly the entire time since the quake.

Planetary_Alliance
April 12th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Adria didn't think this would go well but she didn't let it show cause she was still pissed slightly with kylie. She moved into posistion and watched aprehevsivly. "Ok. Lets do this." Adria said to Racheal. "But you know I dont like it."

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Kylie followed Rachael to the opposite wall from Adria. She wondered momentarily if Adria had been hinting at something when she mentioned not liking the situation. Was it a bad plan or were there simply a few risks involved? She didn't mind taking risks, especially when it was because something needed to be accomplished and it was the best option available at the time. Everything would be fine, Kylie attempted to convince herself.

She wondered briefly how upset Adria was at having her present during the final work for the day. Kylie shook her head at the last thought. Neither one of them were happy with the other at the moment, but it shouldn't have an affect on needing to work together for a time. They would manage to get along just fine for however long it took to install a second shield, then they could go back to being mad at each other. But Kylie knew that if Adria said one thing negative to her, she would probably erupt.

max_omega
April 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Rachael could snese the tension between the three of them, it was so thick you could cut into it with a knife, but she knew that Adria would do what was needed to get the job done. Rachael glanced at her watch, noticing it was dinner time, she grabbed her radio, <Radio> "Attention all work crews on sub-level 10, your duty shifts are over I am ordering all to break for the evening get some dinner and rest. Be ready to go at this again at 0530." </Radio>

She waited a few minutes to get check in from the crew leaders. Only a few crews were staying to finish up the getting the braces up on the generator room, so about twenty people will be left down there.

Sgt. Daniels grabbed his radio and began, "Alright Doc, myself and Pierce will be heading out shortly we just want to finsih up a few things down here. Do you require any assistance with what you are doing?"

Rachael smiled and said, "Nope I think we ladies can handle ourselves just fine. Check in with me before you leave."

"Rigth Daniels out."

Rachael clipped her radio back to her pants and look at the two women with her. She was already starting to calm down herself, at least now that she was focused on work she wasn't mad at Kylie any more. "Alright if no one has any question we can get started." They both nodded and knew what to do, so Rachael got up into position and started to connect the first part of the shield.

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Kylie heard Rachael dismiss the majority of the rest of the crews, and wondered for a moment if that was the best thing to do. After all, they did have several more steps to complete before they would get to leave for the night and surely more crew would be helpful. Kylie reconsidered that too many people could also slow any progress and may just get in the way.

Wordlessly, she turned her attention back to Rachael, following her instructions on how to help connect the shield.

max_omega
April 12th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Rachael started to climb onto the ladder that lead up to the shield generator. As she started to climb she felt her balance was slightly off, but she continued to climb up. She paused as she got to the top. She doubled check the first shield and modified the settings slightly to allow her arms to be able to move in and out of the shield. (I don't know if that is possible, but now it is.)

She looked down at Kylie, "I am glad you stayed down here to work, it showed me that you really care about your job, and this base." She hoped that by showing that she wasn't mad anymore that it would help her relationship with the linguist. "I still would like you to look at some text when we get done here."

She slipped her arm through the shield and started to connect the second shield. She glanced over to the other end of the room where Adria was at, and noticed her allready starting to hook up the second shield. Knowing that soon they would be done and she could relax, put her mind at ease. I wish I was already done, although I could just save this for tomorrow. But than I won't have any idea of the damage to the generators. I need to get this finsihed tonight.

((I want to wait for PA to post before I continue with this, JM.)

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
((Okay MO, I'll try to hold my over-eager muse hostage for a bit *muse insists on doing just one more post this afternoon and runs away from me*))

She looked down at Kylie, "I am glad you stayed down here to work, it showed me that you really care about your job, and this base." She hoped that by showing that she wasn't mad anymore that it would help her relationship with the linguist. "I still would like you to look at some text when we get done here."

It was the first semi-nice thing that anyone, except Devin, had said to her since before lunch. "Thanks, Rachael. And I'm still glad to help with the translation." She appreciated the effort Rachael had made to re-establish the communication lines between them, and while those lines remained fragile, Kylie chose to hide the sicsors that would severe the remaining threads.

Planetary_Alliance
April 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM
(I am here you didn't have to wait for me)

Adria got the shield perfect and then walked across the room checking the other one. "Rachel I'm not oking this till i'm sure it is as safe as it could be." Adria worked on the shiled for a few seconds then walked over to the other one. "Ok i guess it's as safe as it will ever be. Lets just get this done."

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Kylie watched as Adria inspected the shields. She had to agree that she wanted to finish up down here as quickly as possible and head to Devin's quarters to talk to him about what she now referred to as the elevator incident. I have got to stop thinking about Devin. I just need to concentrate on my work here. She silently chastised herself as she waited for Rachael to indicate that the three should proceed with the next step in the plan.

Planetary_Alliance
April 12th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Adria was just turning around from looking at the shield when she saw Kylie staring off. "Kylie" she said in a harsh tone, "If you can't pay attention then step out. We can not aford a single mistake." She finished going back to work to make sure the shield was secure.

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
"Sorry," Kylie mumbled shaking her head and refusing to look at Adria. She quickly re-focused her attention on the shields. She really didn't know what she was looking for exactly, she hadn't had to deal with the shields before and she knew practically nothing about the technology. She knew enough to get the job done, but lacked the self-confidence it took to admit that to herself. She bit her tongue and refused to say what she was thinking to Adria. Another time, another place. After things have calmed down a bit. Then we can discuss this whole mess. If Adria thinks that so called discussion from earlier covered all the bases she was far from correct.

max_omega
April 12th, 2007, 02:52 PM
She finished putting up the shield, and started to get down off of the ladder. Her feet were a little wobbly as she made her way down, but Kylie helped to steady the ladder as she climbed down. When she finally got down Kylie gave her this look like, are you sure you are alright, "I am fine, just need a little bit more coffee." She said and smiled as she walked over to get her coffee mug. As she started to walk away from the ladder she started to get a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, but dismissed it.

As she drank her coffee she heard a slight noise, she looked around the room to see if she could pin point where the noise was coming from. She focused in on the shield holding back the rocks. As she look at it she could see several of the lights flashing on the device. Her face started to turn white, all the color draining from it in a matter of seconds.

She turned around in one quick move at look at Adria who was rechecking the second half of the shield on the other side of the room. In a very calm voice she said, "Kylie, Adria, we have a problem." She started to race for the ladder and climb up it, to see if she could fix the problem.

http://photo.ringo.com/117/117482329O293006219.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5078385&postcount=80)

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Kylie didn't believe Rachael when she insisted that she was alright. That was not the look of someone that could be cured by a cup of coffee. She watched concerned as Rachael made her way back over to the coffee mug. Something else was going on here, Rachael looked downright weak. Kylie couldn't put her finger on it, but this was more than a lack of sleep and caffine.

Kylie was about to figure it out when Rachael suddenly went pale. Thinking that she was going to pass out, Kylie started to rush to her side. Then catching sight of something else in her eyes, she turned around and followed Rachael's line of sight and noticed some flashing lights on one of the shields. Oh that can't be good.

She spun around and raced back to the shield with Rachael. Whatever this was needed to be fixed now and Kylie was determined to help. She didn't know how much more excitment Rachael could take before she had a complete mental break down.

max_omega
April 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Rachael raced up the ladder and tried to over right the system program, but couldn't. The shield was about to go off life and the couple tons of rock that it was holding back was about to come down on top of them. She had to just breathe one mistake and it would sooner, rather than later. She look down at Kylie and over to Adria, "Get out now," the words seem to come out in slow motion. She put her hands through the failing shield and tried to get to the second shield that she had put up.

She knew there was a slight chance that she could rig its power supply to the other shield, but it didn't work. The main shield started to flicker slight, and rocks started to come through, but only a few at a time. She glanced over her should and noticed that an SF must of put up a back up shield on the back wall to protect the wall connecting the two generator rooms.

Come on Rachael, what can you do. She snapped her fingers as she figured out the solution, she put her hand back through the shield and reached for the second, she started to reverse how it would work.

She look down at Kylie who was still there at the foot of the latter. "I said, get out, Kylie." She was nearly finsihed with the modifications when the main shield completely lost power and the rocks would be coming down. Just a few more seconds, and I can do this.

Right as the rocks started to come down Rachael finsihed what she was doing but it was a half of a second to late the force of the rocks pushed her back and she was barely holding onto the ladder.

((Alright, sorry but this will be my last post for the night, will get on in the morning. Feel free in intercut what you guys were doing during all of this.))

http://photo.ringo.com/117/117482329O293006219.jpg (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5078385&postcount=80)

JacksonMiracle
April 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Rachael raced up the ladder and tried to over right the system program, but couldn't. The shield was about to go off life and the couple tons of rock that it was holding back was about to come down on top of them. She had to just breathe one mistake and it would sooner, rather than later. She look down at Kylie and over to Adria, "Get out now," the words seem to come out in slow motion. She put her hands through the failing shield and tried to get to the second shield that she had put up.

Kylie watched as Rachael quickly worked to repair the shield. She knew that the situation had just gone from bad to worse, but there was no way she was going to leave Rachael alone to deal with this. "I'm not going to leave. I came down here to help and it looks like you might need a little of that help right now." Kylie's voice rose slightly as she tried to emphasize her words. She glanced unsteadily at the rocks just on the other side of the now weakening shield. Oh, this is so not good. She thought as she made her decision to stay behind with Rachael.

She knew there was a slight chance that she could rig its power supply to the other shield, but it didn't work. The main shield started to flicker slight, and rocks started to come through, but only a few at a time. She glanced over her should and noticed that an SF must of put up a back up shield on the back wall to protect the wall connecting the two generator rooms.

Kylie followed Rachael's progress with apt attention. She had to help brace the ladder several times when Rachael's movements caused it to tip a little too far. She looked at the shield just as several rocks slipped through. She managed to dodge the falling stones and still support the ladder that Rachael was on. She carefully attempted to memorize everything that Rachael was manipulating, hoping that she would be able to help her fix the shields just by knowing what actions were related to which reactions within the shields. She flinched as the extreme time pressures they were under suddenly became too clear as a few more stones fell past the shield. A smaller one hit her shoulder, but Kylie didn't notice as she concentrated on helping Rachael the best way she knew how, by insuring that the ladder didn't fall over. Oh, why can't the SGC get a better laddder. Or a more even floor.

Come on Rachael, what can you do. She snapped her fingers as she figured out the solution, she put her hand back through the shield and reached for the second, she started to reverse how it would work.

She look down at Kylie who was still there at the foot of the latter. "I said, get out, Kylie." She was nearly finsihed with the modifications when the main shield completely lost power and the rocks would be coming down. Just a few more seconds, and I can do this.

"No way am I going to leave you with all these rocks getting ready to fall. No one would know if something happened to you. Remember the buddy system from kindergarden? Besides," Kylie never got the chance to finish her statement. At that moment several larger rocks began to fall through the weakened shields.

Right as the rocks started to come down Rachael finsihed what she was doing but it was a half of a second to late the force of the rocks pushed her back and she was barely holding onto the ladder.

Kylie grabbed for the ladder, hoping that she would be able to keep Rachael from falling off. With the ladder steady, and the repair work on the shields only a half second from being completed, several things happened at once. Kylie attempted to jump out of the way as a large boulder began to fall through the shield, but tripped on the edge of the ladder and let out a small shriek as the floor rushed toward her. Knowing that she was going to hit the ground, Kylie covered her head with her arm in order to protect it. The large boulder landed on Kylie's leg and several smaller rocks pelted her mid-section, but luckily her head wasn't hit by any of the rubble. She coughed several times as the dust settled, and tried to make out Rachael's form within the smokey cloud.

((Ok, I'll stop here and let everyone catch up to this point.))

Planetary_Alliance
April 13th, 2007, 03:08 AM
"$hit" Adria yelled and started routing power from her shield to the one that rachel was working on. Her speed was equal to Rachel's. she then grabed her radio and started talking into it. [radio]We have a major problem in sub-level 10 get emergency crews...[radio] "damn it" she cursed again under her breath her radio was dead on batteries. She then turned her attention back to the shield and was working furiously. "Kylie take this." She threw her a cord that she was pluging into the first shield. "Now toss it up to Rachel."

JacksonMiracle
April 13th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Kylie caught the cord in midair and tossed it up to Rachael, as Adria had instructed her. Kylie was running on automatic pilot as she worked with the other two ladies to repair the failing sheilds.

max_omega
April 13th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Rachael moved her hand trying to reach her radio, she thought she had it but when she started to pull it off she dropped it, on the ground breaking the outer casing. “[email protected]” she screamed, she started to fell the full force of the rocks pushing against the ladder, she knew that she couldn’t do anything else. So she braced herself against the ladder ready for everything to come crashing down on her, but hoping that the shield would kick on in time. A few stray rocks narrowly missed hitting her in the head. As she held on tight he thoughts suddenly turned to George, “Oh, god I hope I see him again.” Tears started to come into her eyes, but blinked a few times and they were gone.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a large group of rocks come through the shield, just before the second one kicked on. “Kylie watch…” she trailed off as she saw the rock come and hit Kylie on the leg, than pelt her in the stomach. She saw the glimmer of the shield as it came on around them, when that happened the rocks were stopped. She breathed a sigh of relief, at knowing the shield did come on. Yet she held on to the ladder for a few second still unsure if it was alright to come down. Than at the last second she lost her balance and fell to the ground hitting the back of her head, hard. She got up and shook it off, like it was nothing.

She than kneeled down by Kylie, and wiped her for head looking at the large rock on her leg she asked, “I know this is a total cliché when this is asked, but I will ask it anyway. Are you alright?”

max_omega
April 13th, 2007, 05:55 AM
[Sgt. Daniels & Sgt Pierce- Infirmary Backups]

They had continued there work even after Rachael had dismissed the work crews for the day. They were in the middle of a diagnostic when they felt the ground shake slightly. They both look at each other, while the color drained from there face.

“Dr. Ezekiel.” They both said in unison. They turned around and ran out of the door, down the hall to the main generator room. Unfortunately they were too late; the whole room was filled with rocks, only this time it was almost up to the door. It seemed to encompass the whole North east corner of the room, were it was previously clear.

Pierce grabbed his radio as they were running, “Dr. Ezekiel, come in.” There was a moment of complete silence, “Dr. Ezekiel, come in.” He switched the channel on his radio and tried again, “[email protected] it.” He looks over at Daniels who was checking out an SF, “She’s not answering her radio.”

They saw a few SF on the ground and checked them out; most of them said they were fine.

((I know double post, but had to))

Planetary_Alliance
April 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
((kylie wait to post i need to talk with Max about something))

JacksonMiracle
April 13th, 2007, 03:55 PM
((Sure, PA, just PM when we're good to go))

((Edit: MO gave me the go ahead, but feel free to backtrack if needed))