This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Red Orb theory "Spoilers" and the ancients

Merlins weapon is thought to be the red orb right? What if its not the actual weapon itself but the key or somekind of data recorder that has to be connected with the device they found in "Arthur's Mantle" that phased them out and told them about the weapon in the first place. It would give them instructions on how to build the weapon. Maybe the reason the ancients are so reluctant to use the weapon themselves is because its like a nuke to the ascended plane. Yes it will destroy ascendents but there is no way to focus the weapon on a specific area. It cancels out not just the ori but the ancients as well.
    Maybe thats why the ori have not built one of their own because they are unwilling to sacrafice themselves for their followers when the ancients will.
    Last edited by Origin1981; 23 September 2006, 06:21 PM.

I can see this, because the way Adria was talking, it seemed as though she was planning on taking the weapon and destroying it, but not actually using it.

Comment

I'm still pretty unsure as to how Merlin's weapon may actually work. Can it target a specific group, like the Ori or Ancients? Or yeah, will it cancel them all out? Still so much unanswered. That's why I can't freaking wait until the second half of Season 10 starts up (this 6 month break is going to suck sooooo bad!).
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i would've thought she'd use it to kill the mw ascended dudes and dudettes
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
          i would've thought she'd use it to kill the mw ascended dudes and dudettes
          If she knew it could be done without harming the Ori, I'm sure she would try that. However, I'm not sure she's too confident of that. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As much as I want the Ori gone and although Adria is so hot she should be killed. Although in my opinion she wont die for the very reason your all thinking And ionno why but i saw some ancient writing in the block right behind the Red holographic ball with a blue light. I was wondering why Daniel didnt read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
              As much as I want the Ori gone and although Adria is so hot she should be killed. Although in my opinion she wont die for the very reason your all thinking And ionno why but i saw some ancient writing in the block right behind the Red holographic ball with a blue light. I was wondering why Daniel didnt read it.
              I know, me too! why didn't he? that bothered me so much...
              Spoiler:
              Before you met me I was a fairy princess
              I caught frogs and called them prince
              And made myself a queen
              Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
              I slept in castles and fell in love
              Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
              To capture tinkerbell
              They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
              But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
              And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
              And anything I can to get by
              And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01
                There is the 64 million dollar question. I was wondering about that too. (maybe he was too busy checking out Adria--he seemed to be getting kind of close to her)

Look out Vala--Danny boy might be after your daughter instead of you.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

maybe the orb, instead of actually bring the weapon, makes the person the weapon. Maybe the sangral is actually something similar to the machine Khalek was in, which superaccelerates someone's genetic composition and gives them extreme power. Hey, perhaps it leasds to a level above ascended, like, super-ascended, maybe to a level of actual omnipitence as opposed to the extreme power of the ancients.

Idk, its possible.

Comment

I agree with a super ascended being BECAUSE THE SUPER ASCENDED BEING IS....(see my post #27 in "thoughts on the protectors name" thread...)
                    "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
                    I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
                    They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulanthony
                      I agree with a super ascended being BECAUSE THE SUPER ASCENDED BEING IS....(see my post #27 in "thoughts on the protectors name" thread...)
                      Maybe it opens a link so you can talk to God and he'll do the work for you, if you are pure of heart.
                      http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Why does Adria want to destroy it? Heck, its a weapon that can be used on Ascended Beings.

If she were to activate it here in the Milky Way galaxy, she can neutralize the Ancients and the Ori can just waltz into our galaxy which means WE ARE SCREWED.

However, I think she fears to touch it as a creation by the Ori, the Ancients might step in and make her vanish out of existance.
                        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Unless, the wave of energy is constant, then the Ori wouldn't just be able to step in the galaxy, after the Ancient's were destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                            Unless, the wave of energy is constant, then the Ori wouldn't just be able to step in the galaxy, after the Ancient's were destroyed.
                            Or, in truth, the weapon will actually wipe out both the Ori and the Ancients. Maybe it doesn't matter what galaxy it's turned on in - it could eliminate all Ascended beings.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i bet that it isn't the weapon as the wouldn't put such a big plot device mid season, they'll probably have to continue searching for it,
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X