This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4, 22 Episodes?

SG-1 used to do 22 episodes a year until Atlantis came out, then both shows did 20 episodes a year. With SG-1 ending, do you think we'll see Atlantis's episode order get bumped up to 22?

Star Trek mostly did 26 episodes a season, so 20 seems really short to me.

i wish they'd do a 26 eps season4
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I hadn't noticed the decrease in episodes! Now I'm disappointed that there's only 20 episodes.

Comment

IMO, most of this depends on TPTB's ability to create either another spin-off or few mini-series in next year (involving stargate located on earth)... if they decide to make just one mini-series (let's say total of 4 hours), then we will prolly see much higher budget for SGA next season.

but if they go for 2-3 of such mini-series or even complete show, then we won't see any increase in spending on SGA.
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I wish they wouldn't have cancelled SG-1.
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
            SG-1 used to do 22 episodes a year until Atlantis came out, then both shows did 20 episodes a year. With SG-1 ending, do you think we'll see Atlantis's episode order get bumped up to 22?

I remember 26 episode seasons. Ah, sigh....

Extra episodes? Nah. The audience is 'used to' 20; they'll funnel the extra millions into one of their new original programs....

Comment

I think it will stay 20 eps

Comment

A lot of shows have reduced their seasons to 20 episodes. Probably has something to do with the rising cost of producing TV shows. Everyone's a star and everyone needs to be paid millions of dollars per episode... ::rolls eyes::
                sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson

They're still trying to find a way to continue the SG1 franchise in some form or other, so I doubt the number of eps for Atlantis will increase.

The last season of one of my favourite shows only had 6 episodes.

Comment

I actually hope it doesn't becuase if it stays 20 a year then the S5 finale (if there is an S5) would be the 100th episode and they wouldn't be able to pull a WX or 200 on us. I liked both eps to a degree, but they (mainly 200) were disapointing the first time you watch them, I mean it will have to be an awesome ep since it could possibly be the Series Finale if not just the Season finally.

Perfecto!

Comment

If Episode 100 ends up being the Season 5 finale, they can still make it a special episode, just not a comedy.

When Star Trek: Voyager did it's 100th episode, they celebrated the show by having the ship destroyed with all hands except for two main characters on a shuttle. The episode began 15 years in the future with the two crew members finding Voyager buried in ice. The rest of the episode bounced back and forth between the present before they crashed and the future where the two future crew members were attempting to send a message back in time to save Voyager. It's a fantastic episode.

"Timeless" is a fifth season episode featuring a futuristic Chakotay and Harry Kim. Levar Burton guest stars as a future Captain Geordi LaForge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                        I wish they wouldn't have cancelled SG-1.
                        I'm hoping they at least get picked up by another network. But who?

Comment

Was that Voyager's 100th episode? I never really paid that much attention. It was pretty cool though that they were able to get Levar Burton to guest star.

I wonder if 10 years from now, a stardard season will only run 16 episodes? And I wonder how long a TV show will be 10 years from now. These days, an hour long show runs ~43 minutes + commercials. With rising costs, maybe networks will opt to air more commercials, decreasing the actual showtime.
                          sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Originally posted by Hairy_Little_Muffin
                            I'm hoping they at least get picked up by another network. But who?
                            Stay on topic folks.

Why would Sci-Fi change their episode orders for Atlantis just because SG-1's gone? Doesn't make sense to me.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

With SG1's cancellation, it would be nice to know that the show is getting bumped up a few episodes, however such an event would be dependant on Scifi and I don't think anyone would like to be thankful for Scifi giving us more Atlantis when they've taken away our beloved SG1.

I think doing a few more episodes would be a great idea, however i'd like to see such things turned into webisodes. BSG did it, so when it comes to having another midseason break we get a short 10 minute webisode every week. at least this way, MGM could do it and Scifi couldn't stop them (or they could do it for SG1)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X