PDA

View Full Version : SGC personel this season spoilers

spg_1983
May 1st, 2004, 08:48 PM
does anyone know anything about who the new doctor will be to take over after DR. Frasier? or are they just not going to focus on medical type storylines again and just show nurses and medics?

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 09:05 PM
The spilers for Lockdown say it will be a Dr. Smith and that Smith will be a 'her'.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
i hope that they dont try to replace janet. another doctor can take her place but never replace her

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, that's so true! :)

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 09:37 AM
thats what im worried about with them having another female doctor. i think i would have liked to see a doctor that is completely different from janet. still devoted to saving lives and easing suffering but no nonsense and someone that we could see standing up to oniell and arguing with him toe to toe. im not saying that janet could or wouldnt have done so if necasary, she wouldnt have backed down from anyone, but janet was definately more diplomatic and nice about. i want a gruff old air force doctor that has no problem just saying no to oneill and can stare him down

David85
May 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
My money is on a "Seven of Nine" doctor that will be wearing a short shorts that will make me sick.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
My money is on a "Seven of Nine" doctor that will be wearing a short shorts that will make me sick.
oh man i really hope not!

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 11:01 AM
They tried the whole "sex up" the show thing with Anise, I really hope they don't try it again.

Even the guys on the DVD commentary admited it was a bad idea and not needed.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 11:39 AM
They tried the whole "sex up" the show thing with Anise, I really hope they don't try it again.

yeah its bad enough when they play up the Jack/Sam tension too much with out adding more atraction tension

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 11:45 AM
yeah its bad enough when they play up the Jack/Sam tension too much with out adding more atraction tension

I like the J/S angle, I was talking about bringing in lots of other sexy women and dressing them in skimpy clothes. That is what they admited was a bad idea.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM
I like the J/S angle, I was talking about bringing in lots of other sexy women and dressing them in skimpy clothes. That is what they admited was a bad idea.
i dont mind the J/S angle as long as they dont play it up to much or make it too blatantly obvious

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM

And they all know what went wrong there :P

What do you (general you) mean by not replacing Dr. Fraiser? She has to be replaced, the base does need a CMO :P

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
As a CMO she can be replaced but as a person, and a character we love there is no replacing her. :p

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM
And they all know what went wrong there :P

What do you (general you) mean by not replacing Dr. Fraiser? She has to be replaced, the base does need a CMO :P
i mean trying to replace the character by having the new doctor be basically the same just a different name. like i said in an earlier post id really like to see a very different character. Older and more experienced (i.e. having been in the service a long time and seen and experienced alot) someone that is no nonsense and doesnt waste time with pleasentries and being polite. someone that will say no you are wrong and will not comprimise when it comes to doing their job.

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Older and more experienced (i.e. having been in the service a long time and seen and experienced alot) someone that is no nonsense and doesnt waste time with pleasentries and being polite. someone that will say no you are wrong and will not comprimise when it comes to doing their job.

Maybe they should get that older nurse-type lady from Everwood. ;) She'd REALLY stir things up and boy, her and Jack going head-to-head would be a real fireworks show. hehe

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM
see thats something i want, someone that can go toe to toe with o neill and shout him down and have it be believable. Janet would never have backed down from anyone when it came to caring for a patient but she was to small and kind and sweet to actually get into a shouting match with oniell and realistically shout him down. someone that can stare into oneills eyes with out flinching would be awesome, someone who we would all like and dislike at the same time!

epiphany
May 2nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
see thats something i want, someone that can go toe to toe with o neill and shout him down and have it be believable. Janet would never have backed down from anyone when it came to caring for a patient but she was to small and kind and sweet to actually get into a shouting match with oniell and realistically shout him down. someone that can stare into oneills eyes with out flinching would be awesome, someone who we would all like and dislike at the same time!

Oh I have no doubt Janet could have done just that if need be. She was one tough cookie. I think of her like a mother bear--don't come between her and her cubs(or patients as the case may be) and that would be whether it was O'Neill or not.

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Oh I have no doubt Janet could have done just that if need be. She was one tough cookie. I think of her like a mother bear--don't come between her and her cubs(or patients as the case may be) and that would be whether it was O'Neill or not.
im not trying to say she couldn't! she could hold her own with the best of them but can you really imagine her having gotten in a serious shouting match with hammond or o'neill? she would never have backed down or been intimidated by them but it just wasnt in her nature to stand nose to nose with someone shouting them down

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 08:15 PM
She did a pretty good job in Lifeboat. :D

ShadowMaat
May 2nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
it just wasnt in her nature to stand nose to nose with someone shouting them down

If that's some kind of comment against her height, I'm gonna have to cut you off at the kneecaps. :p She's taller than me by a whole inch, curse her...

spg_1983
May 2nd, 2004, 08:28 PM
If that's some kind of comment against her height, I'm gonna have to cut you off at the kneecaps. :p She's taller than me by a whole inch, curse her...
well yes her stature is part of it but she was to kind and gentle a person for it be be within her. short people can stare down someone taller than them if its part of their nature.

SailorSueUK
May 3rd, 2004, 01:57 AM

Surely not?! TPTB have managed 7 seasons so far with a good looking cast costumed conservatively in USAF uniform. It's only the aliens with whom they've been a bit more lax. Unless you are suggesting the new CMO will be alien?

ShadowMaat
May 3rd, 2004, 03:40 AM
well yes her stature is part of it but she was to kind and gentle a person for it be be within her. short people can stare down someone taller than them if its part of their nature.

Sometimes it's the friendly, innocent-seeming ones who are the most dangerous of all. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sevil.gif

Bacardi
May 3rd, 2004, 08:21 AM
i wud have thought tptb wud have learnt their lesson trying to "replace" key characters after the response to jonas.. whoever this new doctor is she could never fill janet's shoes (metaphorically speaking of course, i wouldnt b surprised if a 5year old could fill teryl's real shoes - aint she cute)

Otis
May 5th, 2004, 08:00 PM
I doubt that they'll focus much on the development of a new CMO character when they will need to focus on O'Neill when they're on the base.

Lord Loz
May 6th, 2004, 05:29 AM
i wud have thought tptb wud have learnt their lesson trying to "replace" key characters after the response to jonas.. whoever this new doctor is she could never fill janet's shoes (metaphorically speaking of course, i wouldnt b surprised if a 5year old could fill teryl's real shoes - aint she cute)

In all fairness, they had no intention of replacing her, as they had no idea at the time that an 8th season was on the way.

Sela
May 7th, 2004, 05:26 PM

I agree. After a while all of that seething sexual tension really gets on my nerves and I start yelling at the TV set, "For cryin' out loud - just grab her already - sheesh!"

It's enough to make a person nuts....
.....whacko...
.....three fries short of a -

... aw heck- you get the idea...

san
May 8th, 2004, 12:07 AM
In all fairness, they had no intention of replacing her, as they had no idea at the time that an 8th season was on the way.
actually, they did found out about the 8 season before they star shooting Heroes. Peter DeLuise even asked Amanda what should he do.
Amanda said so in a interview.

san

sgeureka
May 8th, 2004, 01:15 AM
actually, they did found out about the 8 season before they star shooting Heroes. Peter DeLuise even asked Amanda what should he do.
Amanda said so in a interview.
I highly doubt that. IIRC, Teryl knew by the end of January 2003 what they would do to her character (according to an interview in Dreamwatch I think). Rumors in online fandom about that started in February/March 2003. The production number for this episode (when it was still a one parter) was something really low, like #11.

Even *if* they had known then that there would be a Season 8, it would have been too late to stop the production.

The interview you're talking about was only *after* Season 8 was confirmed. And of course Pdl was angry about the decision (who wouldn't be). :(

Mr Prophet
May 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
I doubt that they'll focus much on the development of a new CMO character when they will need to focus on O'Neill when they're on the base.

Oh; see now I just have bad images. Thank you so much.

Dr. Brightman
May 8th, 2004, 02:45 PM
>S
>P
>O
>I
>L
>E
>R

>S
>P
>A
>C
>E
Alisen Down (Smalleville, Da Vinci's Inquest , Mysterious Ways) is to guest star as ' Dr. Brightman ' in 2 of the Season Eight episodes 'Lockdown' and 'ZeroHour'.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 05:47 PM
>S
>P
>O
>I
>L
>E
>R

>S
>P
>A
>C
>E
Alisen Down (Smalleville, Da Vinci's Inquest , Mysterious Ways) is to guest star as ' Dr. Brightman ' in 2 of the Season Eight episodes 'Lockdown' and 'ZeroHour'.
Where did you get this information? And who are you? :P

DarkQuee1
May 8th, 2004, 06:32 PM
In addition to the new CMO, there's supposed to be an aide for Gen. Jack--Gilman? Gilmore? Something like that--who might in reality be a spy for the NID and/or CIA (or....Something like that! :p )

J.

Champos
May 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Spoiler Space
Apparently they're going to be getting Nurse Ratched in from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". It turns out that she's the baddest baddy ever, and Kinsey, the Go'auld and any other enemy SGC has ever come across, are all working for her. Most of Season 8's going to be about how she's plotting against them (lots of flashbacks) and how they slowly begin to suspect her.

Dr. Brightman
May 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Where did you get this information? And who are you? :P
I maintain Alisen's official website, and was informed by Alisen herself. That is the only information that I've received, character title and episode names.

shockwave
May 9th, 2004, 01:57 AM
In addition to the new CMO, there's supposed to be an aide for Gen. Jack--Gilman? Gilmore? Something like that--who might in reality be a spy for the NID and/or CIA (or....Something like that! :p )

J.
Mark Gilmore, played by David Kaufmann
http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1083276226,12319,

Teal'c
May 10th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I maintain Alisen's official website, and was informed by Alisen herself. That is the only information that I've received, character title and episode names.
Thank you, this is very interesting. Thanks God they didn't name her Dr. Smith :P

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Alisen's guesting? Way cool! Like her lots. She's on my casting list if I ever get around to actually writing something decent. ;)

Mr Prophet
May 11th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Thank you, this is very interesting. Thanks God they didn't name her Dr. Smith :P

Darn. Guess I'll have to change the CMO's name in The Call.

wynter
May 21st, 2004, 06:03 AM
i think janet will be hard to replace.She was one of sam's best friends,and had attitude in sgc by pulling ranks as doctors orders go.Why though di they kill her off when she was in the episode 2010 she shouldn't have been there,if she had been killed??? :eek:
i would love another season of sg1 but i would miss rda a lot after all he has the wit,looks and commands like no other,with a little joke on the side.
They could not let season 8 go without getting rid of stalker pete,and sam and jack just admittting to each other how they feel,forget regulations,from day one they have been attracted to each other but haven't once let their feelings get in the way of doing their job.Go peter deluise do your stuff get some-one in to do the properly(i loved 21 jump street). ;)

Mr Prophet
May 21st, 2004, 10:23 AM
i think janet will be hard to replace.She was one of sam's best friends,and had attitude in sgc by pulling ranks as doctors orders go.Why though di they kill her off when she was in the episode 2010 she shouldn't have been there,if she had been killed??? :eek:

If they'd contacted the Aschen and defeated the Goa'uld before Anubis ever returned, she wouldn't have died. It's ironic that Janet was the only one not killed in carrying out the pan, yet she was the only one whose death it actually caused.