This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully powered atlantis vs Ori fleet of toilets

An arguement i was haivng on the bus which i cant figure out how to make it into a poll.

I think Atlantis with 3 ZPMs would excrete on the ori ships
    But craig reckons the ori ships are better,

What do YOU think.

Yes i do have a juvenile arguement every few weeks now im at college
    When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
    The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
    Spoiler:
    MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
    Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
    MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
    Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
    AND
    MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
    Me: Times it by that really big number!
    MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
    Me: How should i know?
    MBA: Its on the board
    Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Originally posted by Hooperman1990
    An arguement i was haivng on the bus which i cant figure out how to make it into a poll.

What do YOU think.

Did craig flipp you off? (south park) nvm. If you want this turned into a poll, you need to PM one of the mods.
    Last edited by freyr's mother; 22 September 2006, 04:06 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I think...
      Spoiler:
      A fully powered, fully armed, and fully operational cityship can take out several Ori motherships. I don't know if it can withstand an entire fleet of them but I would assume that it can, since it survived years of bombardment by the Wraith.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Although the ancients took a more scientific approach and probally advance further faster, Atlantis is pretty old and the toilets are new.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
          Although the ancients took a more scientific approach and probally advance further faster, Atlantis is pretty old and the toilets are new.
          Yes, in fact they have a completely redesigned bidget.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

It doesn't matter how old Atlantis is. It shouldn't change its effectiveness. You can't compare old Earth tech to old ancient tech.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The Ori are definitely more advanced. The Ori have ascended and gained all the knowledge of the universe, of course they are more advanced than the pre-ascended Ancient technology of Atlantis. I reckon Atlantis will put up a good fight, but will eventually lose.

Drones themselves, the primary weapon of Atlantis, are still just projectiles which have to run out eventually. Also, Ori shields are powered by a greater power source than ZPMs, so their shields can withstand much more than Ancient shields.

The Asurans would most likely put up the best fight the Ori will ever encounter. Plus they have the advantage of being able to manipulate their body to do whatever they want.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hooperman1990

What do YOU think.

AFAIK alteran cities are armed only with drones & have no energy-based weaponry (actually this doesn't make much sense but we've never seen Atlantis use such weaponry)
                If so Atlantis would rely on its drones

- Now if we assume (this was discussed in another thread ) that the ori shields block the drones then, at best, Atlantis will only succeed in destroying one, maybe a few ori ships if they have many drones as in Lost City II (the drones will pound the ori shields till they're drained, then the following drones will hit the hull & boom)

- When Atlantis' drone reserves are depleted then Atlantis will be a sitting duck (OK a mighty big duck with armor but a sitting duck nonetheless)
                Thenceforth it all boils down as to who's got the biggest energy reserves. One one hand, Atlantis with 3 ZPMs (not sure if 3 ZPMs amount to 3 times the energy of a single ZPM or if somehow their efficiency is increased when put together) and on the other, Ori ships with unknown power source. If the Ori fleet has more energy then they'll keep pounding the Atlantis shields with their beam cannons till the city's ZPMs are depleted and it's the end of Atlantis. If Atlantis has the most power then the ori ships will fire @ Atlantis shields till they run out of fuel, then retreat to refill - of course Atlantis had better find new ZPMs before they return :|

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
                  The Ori are definitely more advanced. The Ori have ascended and gained all the knowledge of the universe, of course they are more advanced than the pre-ascended Ancient technology of Atlantis. I reckon Atlantis will put up a good fight, but will eventually lose.

Drones themselves, the primary weapon of Atlantis, are still just projectiles which have to run out eventually. Also, Ori shields are powered by a greater power source than ZPMs, so their shields can withstand much more than Ancient shields.

The Asurans would most likely put up the best fight the Ori will ever encounter. Plus they have the advantage of being able to manipulate their body to do whatever they want.
                  First, the Ori don't have ALL of the knowledge of the universe. If they did, their weapons would go right through shields. Now, let's assume it IS the Asurans fighting the Ori. They have lots of ZPM's and could easily replenish them at any point in a battle. cityships have to have at least three times the amount of drones that the antarctic outpost had. If this is the case then the Cityship would win. We , as of right now, have no idea how strong the ori ship's shields are. They could be as strong as a cityship's. We don't know.

Spoiler:

Comment

Not sure, it really depends if a Cityship possesses anymore weapons beyond drones and whether drones can pass through Ori shields. Because the Cityship is a city first and warship second while Ori ships are purely built for battle. Both are quite impressive but without any interaction between one tech against the other, it would be difficult to determine a victor.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                      Not sure, it really depends if a Cityship possesses anymore weapons beyond drones and whether drones can pass through Ori shields. Because the Cityship is a city first and warship second while Ori ships are purely built for battle. Both are quite impressive but without any interaction between one tech against the other, it would be difficult to determine a victor.
                      During the prelude to the Wraith Seige, McKay and Zelenka pointed out that they've found several defensive weapon systems in Atlantis, all of which are useless without power.

In my own little world, the drones are Atlantis' close-in defense system, used to deal with things like Darts, Fighters, and F-302s. They'd have larger and more powerful weapons to deal with capital ships.

And don't forget about the Lagrangian Sattalite System.
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I really wish people would stop calling them toilets.

If your toilet looks like that, something is very, very wrong with your toilet.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                          During the prelude to the Wraith Seige, McKay and Zelenka pointed out that they've found several defensive weapon systems in Atlantis, all of which are useless without power.
                          That's cool

Although it's strange that they didn't they use them in s2 Siege Part 3 when the 10 hives were bombarding the city shield

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                            I really wish people would stop calling them toilets.
                            Yeah "lavatory seats" would be more appropriate :|

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                            If your toilet looks like that, something is very, very wrong with your toilet.
                            Indeed

Either that, or it's pure fandom (beyond fandom actually - more like zealotry -)

PS. who's willing to bet that the toilets on Ori ships are exact replicas of the ships themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                              Yeah "lavatory seats" would be more appropriate :|

Indeed

Either that, or it's pure fandom (beyond fandom actually - more like zealotry -)

PS. who's willing to bet that the toilets on Ori ships are exact replicas of the ships themselves?
                              LOL that was good
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X