This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Nitpicking

I've always enjoyed finding minor mistakes in my favorite series that are often so well written and thought out. So here we are with ...

The Atlantis Nitpicking Thread!

... intended as a place to point out mistakes made in the costuming, blocking, setting, or props for Atlantis. In other words, goofs. Did a plant move in the middle of a scene? Is someone's flag on upside down? Does that dead alien's arms move throughout the scene?

Please do not include comments on the writing or acting of any particular episodes. This is all in good fun.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
    Please do not include comments on the writing or acting of any particular episodes. This is all in good fun.
    How about that one episode that completely sucked?

Actually, I hate finding goofs in my favorite series/movies because then I know it will annoy me every time I rewatch it. I better stay out of this thread, huh?
    Last edited by Ugly Pig; 24 August 2004, 11:15 AM. Reason: Spelling. Darn it...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It's all good Piggy I love reading your useless opinion anyway. Mainly someone in another thread was looking for a place for this sort of thing, and I wanted to see if we could start a thread with ground rules that made it so we didn't get people slamming characters.

So, my first one, which everyone knows by now probably...

In Rising one of the Russian Atlantis crew walking around the SGC has his flag patch on upside down.

Comment

*edited out* Major Fisher beat me to the punch with the up-side-down patch while I was surching for a picture to go with it and didn't find one.
        *edited out* Ugly Pig is right. Sorry! Have to get used to the difference
        Last edited by Kira1701; 25 August 2004, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kira1701
          In Rising; Afer Maj. Sheppard shoots a wraith with one of their own guns, he should have taken it back to Atlantis. It is after all more advanced than their own, and usable against wraiths. SG1 was more clever in that concern. They kept the Zatguns
          FOUL! That is a comment on the writing, and not a production goof.

Comment

In Suspicion, one of the people who came through the gate yelled something to the effect of: "Shut down the gate!"

Of course, it wasn't an outgoing wormhole, so how could they shut it down?! HMM?!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              In Suspicion, one of the people who came through the gate yelled something to the effect of: "Shut down the gate!"

Of course, it wasn't an outgoing wormhole, so how could they shut it down?! HMM?!
              New gate controls, new rules. We know there's a button for shutting down the gate (which older DHD's didn't have), maybe it can also shut down incoming wormholes? An added function to the new gate. It does make sense.

Comment

In some scenes from Rising, one of the lines on the stair case with Ancient Writing on are upside down but later corrected. In The Storm and The Eye it is noticable that on the control panel some of the Ancient numbers on one panel appear "Backwards" compared with the others and the expected pattern.

Comment

Costume error really - Why doe's Beckett ware a scottish flag on his uniform and Brodin(persuming his english) have a Union Jack, surely he should have a flag of the cross of St George?

Comment

"Rising", part 1:

Check out "Sgt. Bates" and his nice shiny lieutenant's bars:

(Deleted images Jackfic no likee hotlinks.)

At this rate of, um, downward mobility, he'll be scrubbing bathrooms with his toothbrush by next week.
                    Last edited by NurseRatched; 26 September 2004, 06:17 PM.
                    We suspend our disbelief, and we are entertained...

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      How about that one episode that completely sucked?

Actually, I hate finding goofs in my favorite series/movies because then I know it will annoy me every time I rewatch it. I better stay out of this thread, huh?
                      Have to go with UgPig's origial thoughts here. If I don't notice them, then they don't exist. If I keep coming in here to see what major gaffes I might have missed, then that's all I'll be looking for the next time I watch. In the mean time you all have fun here and I'll see you in the other threads.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                        In Rising one of the Russian Atlantis crew walking around the SGC has his flag patch on upside down.
                        I would like to point out that the nationalist flag of Serbia is an inverted Russian tricolor so the man could have been a Serbian nationalist. The same way that Beckett probably is a Scottish nationalist since both Scotland and Serbia are now part of another nation; the United Kingdom and Serbia and Montenegro, respectively.
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I pointed out that Serbian thing in another thread. Didn't realise about the Union Jack and the Scottish flag though, can't believe they did that!

Comment

Thirty Eight Minutes; After Ford is being carried out of the puddle-jumper you hear the peddles charging. Then you see a flatline on the monitor and hear the flatline tone. Just before the scene switches to Weir and Teyla you see the line beat and hear the pulse beep. But in the shot with Weir and Rodney you hear the countinues tone of a flatline again and the peddles charging. Not until Sheppard is on screen you hear the pulse beep again and Beckett declares he has a pulse.

Comment

Oh, you guys forgot to mention in Rising 01, that all the chevrons were off by 1 glyph.

Us gaters found that out thanks to Harlan.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                              X