• Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMANDA TAPPING: Special Thank You Presentation - FINAL REMINDER

Hi Folks,

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

-> DEADLINE : OCTOBER 8, 2006 <-

FINAL AT2 / THANK YOU CARD Reminder!

If you wish for your personal message and signature to appear on the Amanda Tapping
    THANK YOU FOR 10 YEARS OF SAM CARTER poster presentation to Amanda at AT2/GABIT (you don't have to be attending to have your message on the card!), please read the instructions below for more information.

IT'S EASY!

For those of you without scanners or unable to scan your writing into a computer, please simply forward your message to the email address below and I will place it into a handwriting font for the poster. You may also wish to include your local state/province/country for posterity in the note.

Pass on the good word, if you please, wherever you know there are fans of Sam and Amanda...

If you have no idea what this is all about ... see below!

Cheers & Hugs,

minigeek
    Last edited by minigeek; 01 October 2006, 06:45 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

SPECIAL MESSAGES AND SIGNATURES FOR AMANDA

!!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 8, 2006

A
    THANK YOU CARD

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

A FRIENDLY REMINDER...

For those of you who don't (already) know, the project is essentially a "Thank You" card to Amanda, for ten years of Sam Carter - from Amanda Fans everywhere!

...THE PLAN...

To professionally print a poster-sized comic-book (esque) sketch ILLUSTRATION (which I have drawn) of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, decked out in full SG-1 gear - around which will be a whole bunch of signatures, accompanied by a small note of affection and/or encouragement for Amanda from her fans.

The Sketch Has Been Chosen By Popular Vote:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=34939

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of us for a change. This is something we hope Amanda might want to keep, and something that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade.
    The poster will be presented to Amanda during the AT2 GABIT event.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask??

Good question!

...WHAT DO YOU DO?...

Signatures will appear exactly as they were written.

1. Choose your message.

2. Write it down on a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER. Include your province/state/country with your name at the bottom of the note.

3. SCAN your paper into the computer as an image at the highest resolution you can (bigger is better).

4. Save it (JPG/TIF/BMP)

5. If you do not have a scanner or don't know how to get your message scanned, send the text only in an email to ([email protected]), and I'll use a special "handwriting" font to make it look written. No one will be left out. But scanning is a more personal touch, if you can manage it.

You've got as much space as indicated in the example image below. 50 words or less.

Note: this image is about 1/3 the "actual size"
    that YOUR image should look like after it
    is scanned in.

When you're done please EMAIL THE IMAGE to:

FanSigsForAT @ gmail.com
    Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

That's it!

...THEN WHAT?...

<-- The DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 8, 2006 -->

All goes well, we should have a really great original kind of "Thank You" card for Amanda. Something with a personal touch from as many of her online fans as wish to participate.

Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance... spread the word if you can. Wherever you know there are fans of Amanda.

Love and hugs to you all !!

Cheers,
    minigeek

Last edited by minigeek; 01 October 2006, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Little bump up in case anyone missed reading it ...

Comment

Thank you mini for posting it here...I will try to do it this weekend...I know I have been stalling it but it is just so hard to come up with something to write

Comment

That's all right. Just say something from the heart. Whatever moves you. It doesn't have to be epic ... just honest, and I'm sure it'll be taken for what it is.

Cheers!
          mg

Comment

A weekend kick up - just in case there are any stragglers left over...

It's really easy to participate! Please see the top two posts...

Cheers,
            mg

Comment

Bumpity bump... LAST WEEK TO SUBMIT!!!

-

Comment

just sneaking in .. and hey come on guys .. don't give up hopes yet .. I still have hope for stargate either to contiue or some going to atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson
                  just sneaking in .. and hey come on guys .. don't give up hopes yet .. I still have hope for stargate either to contiue or some going to atlantis
                  Oh, absolutely. This poster was conceived and started actually a long time ago (before the announcement was made about the cancellation). It really has nothing to do with the cancellation. It's all about 10 years of Sam Carter. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Oh, absolutely. This poster was conceived and started actually a long time ago (before the announcement was made about the cancellation). It really has nothing to do with the cancellation. It's all about 10 years of Sam Carter. That's about it.
                    allright it's cool btw .. and we'll keep stargate alive! including daniel,sam,jack and teal'c

Comment

Originally posted by Dr,jackson
                      allright it's cool btw .. and we'll keep stargate alive! including daniel,sam,jack and teal'c
                      Lets hope so! All the actors are deserving of tremendous praise.

mg (friday bump!)

Comment

yeah, MG planned this months ago, when AT2 was announced

Check with her, but if someone wants to contribute and doesn't have a scanner, i'm willing to scan and e-mail what folks snail mail me...but it will have to make her own deadline to put this puppy to bed and get it done
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i've just e-mailed mine to her, thanks to my shiny new scanner. hopefully its ok. not too sure about what i've put into it, which is why i'm only getting it sent now, plus my handwritting is appalling!

i think its about 750x600 pixels. does anyone know if i should make it smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            i've just e-mailed mine to her, thanks to my shiny new scanner. hopefully its ok. not too sure about what i've put into it, which is why i'm only getting it sent now, plus my handwritting is appalling!

i think its about 750x600 pixels. does anyone know if i should make it smaller?
                            Yeah same here...I keep stalling it cause I have no idea what to put in it... I mean everything I put in it doesn't sound right...I can never say in words how much Amanda means to me...but I promise MG I will send it to you tomorrow... Sorry for me sending it so late...I am really bad in such a things...

Btw how big can it be?? I mean I know 50 words but what is the size we may put it in...pixelwise eh...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              Yeah same here...I keep stalling it cause I have no idea what to put in it... I mean everything I put in it doesn't sound right...I can never say in words how much Amanda means to me...but I promise MG I will send it to you tomorrow... Sorry for me sending it so late...I am really bad in such a things...

Btw how big can it be?? I mean I know 50 words but what is the size we may put it in...pixelwise eh...
                              Hey RepliCarter,

If you check out the big honkin post above, it gives you a picture example ... just scan it in at at least 150 DPI (300 preferable) and I'll make sure it fits. I wouldn't go wider than about 3-4 inches physical width (printed width and height).

Cheers,
                              mg

Comment

Working...
                              X