This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline

Does anyone have a timeline of when the Events of Kobol happened? I think in at then end of season one they said that they left the planet about 3000 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica. Is this the time that Earth was settled as well or did they leave before the twelve tribes? If Earth was settled during this time, then the events of Battlestar Galactica cannot be happening today, but thousands of years ago.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
    Does anyone have a timeline of when the Events of Kobol happened? I think in at then end of season one they said that they left the planet about 3000 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica. Is this the time that Earth was settled as well or did they leave before the twelve tribes? If Earth was settled during this time, then the events of Battlestar Galactica cannot be happening today, but thousands of years ago.
    Here's a good timeline: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_%28RDM%29
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon.
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I'm really not trying to be snarky here, but I think it'd be easier to think of the show as, almost literally, "timeless." Inasmuch as dates for show events go, I much prefer to keep them relative to each other and not try to put a "real world" timeline on anything.

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. Or something.
      Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

It seems like according to the timeline, the events in the show cannot be happing today, but perhaps thousands of years ago.

Also does it seem like 2000 years is too short for the events of Kobol to be mythological to some, especially for a technologically advance society.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus-304
          Also does it seem like 2000 years is too short for the events of Kobol to be mythological to some, especially for a technologically advance society.
          Jesus is mythological to some. He appeared about 2000 years ago

Comment

Even events only dating back 1000 years on Earth are lost in myth. Given that the colonials went through a sort of "Dark Age" after settling it's easily believable.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Working...
            X