This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons for a few more seasons

Honestly, I think a few more seasons are needed to wrap up all of the unresolved stuff that was never resolved such as the Aschen, Asgard cloning problem, the Grace aliens, the trust, the Lucian Alliance... Can anybody think of anymore reasons why SG1 should go for a few more season. Nyan, what about him? Cassandra and Hailey, they should also be resolved. Jack and Sam's relationship.
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
    Jack and Sam's relationship.
    I think it'll kill everyone if they don't resolve that one.

I've always been curious about the giant aliens in "Crystal skull", it always looked like they'd come back there but they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
      Honestly, I think a few more seasons are needed to wrap up all of the unresolved stuff that was never resolved such as the Aschen, Asgard cloning problem, the Grace aliens, the trust, the Lucian Alliance... Can anybody think of anymore reasons why SG1 should go for a few more season. Nyan, what about him? Cassandra and Hailey, they should also be resolved. Jack and Sam's relationship.
      1. The Aschen really don't need a follow up. They almost conquered Earth in "2010," but Sam sent Jack's note back in time allowing SG-1 to avert the diaster when they contacted the Aschen in "2001." A third episode would be cool, but not necessary.
      2. The Asguard cloning problem can be resolved on Stargate: Atlantis.
      3. "Grace" was a stand-alone episode. There is no need to do a follow-up episode.
      4. Dr. Frasier's death in "Heroes, Part 2" was the time to bring closure to Cassandra Frasier. At this point, it would feel forced to bring her back. One episode established that Sam was helping Cassandra out while she was going to college, I think. All they had to do was add a scene in "Heroes, Part 2" with Sam and Cassandra where Sam tells Cassandra that Doc. Frasier told her to take Cassandra in in the event she were to die durring a medical crisis. Walla, Cassandra's story is resolved in that she moved in with Sam.
      5. If they're going to do the Jack / Sam love story, I bet they'll reveal they've secretly been dating since some time between "Moebius, Part 2" and "Avalon, Part 1." They'll probably resolve this in the finale or an SG-1 movie.
      6. I agree with the Trust and the Lucian Alliance. Sadly, I don't see either being resolved in the final three episodes. Most likely, they'll be resolved in an SG-1 movie or episodes of Stargate: Atlantis.

I want to see the Ori and Ba'al resolved in the final episodes.

Comment

- Ori (defeating them by the end of season 10 will feel extremely rushed)
        - Quetzacoatl and his pantheon (Furlings?), not to mention Daniel's gramps
        - Final fate of the Aschen
        - Grace aliens (The Shippers)
        - Goa'uld Kinsey
        - Baal and The Trust (unless the second half of season 10 resolves this)
        - Asgard cloning degradation problem
        - Foothold aliens
        - Lucian Alliance (I can't see them being brought down in less than 10 episodes)
        - King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Daniel theorized Arthur ascended, and it'd make sense for him to return as it'd fit the mythology about the guy returning during Britain's darkest hour, although technically that applies to the rest of the world as well)
        - Jack O'Neill V.II
        - Harlan (did he ever manage to construct new cyborgs to help maintain his complex) and the android body that he apparently provided to SGA mentioned at the beginning of 'Avalon part I'
        - Jack's kid from '100 Days', think that's the episode title
        - The rich industrialist dude who tried to expose the Stargate program in season 8
        - Colonel Chekov (don't let him die)
        - Merlin (did he eventually die, reascend or something else?)

These are just off the top of my head.

Comment

Here's a reason for a few more seasons (or at least 1 more) that really sticks out to me - THE SHOW IS STILL GREAT!!!
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
            - Ori (defeating them by the end of season 10 will feel extremely rushed)
            Why? The Goa'uld and Replicators were defeated in two episodes. They can't defeat the Ori in two episodes as well? Come on, now.

- Quetzacoatl and his pantheon (Furlings?), not to mention Daniel's gramps
            Quet-who? If they were going to follow up "Crystal Skull," they would have done it by now.

- Final fate of the Aschen
            Watch "2001."

- Grace aliens (The Shippers)
            "Grace" was a stand-alone episode. It does not need a follow-up.

- Goa'uld Kinsey
            - Baal and The Trust (unless the second half of season 10 resolves this)
            I agree, these three plots need some resolution.

- Asgard cloning degradation problem
            This would should be done on Stargate: Atlantis, not SG-1.

- Foothold aliens
            If they were going to do a sequel, they would have done it by now. Not every open plot needs resolution. The show is going to have unsolved mysteries just like we have in real life.

- Lucian Alliance (I can't see them being brought down in less than 10 episodes)
            Why do they need to be brought down? I save leave the Lucian Alliance out there as a new major power to be delt with.

- King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (Daniel theorized Arthur ascended, and it'd make sense for him to return as it'd fit the mythology about the guy returning during Britain's darkest hour, although technically that applies to the rest of the world as well)
            This may be resolved in "The Quest, Parts 1 & 2."

- Jack O'Neill V.II
            "Fragile Balance" was fun, but Mini-Jack only works with RDA to play off of.

- Harlan (did he ever manage to construct new cyborgs to help maintain his complex) and the android body that he apparently provided to SGA mentioned at the beginning of 'Avalon part I'
            Harlan and Robot SG-1 was resolved in "Double Jeopardy," there's no reason to do another Harlan episode. I don't recall any talk of Harlan donating robots to the SGC.

- Jack's kid from '100 Days', think that's the episode title
            Jack didn't have a kid. If he did, he's keeping it secret. Either way, the ship sailed when RDA left the show.

- The rich industrialist dude who tried to expose the Stargate program in season 8
            Isn't he working for the SGC now? That seems like good enough resolution.

- Colonel Chekov (don't let him die)
            The man went down with his ship. Only a coward would leave his crew to die.

- Merlin (did he eventually die, reascend or something else?)
            We'll probably learn more in "The Quest, Parts 1 & 2."

Comment

This show is 20 episodes a year, 44 minutes long. There's really no way they'd ever be able to conclude all of these stories, most of them best left to the imagination, anyway. Any show you watch is going to have unanswered questions, there's just not enough time to deal with it all, especially considering how each person will have their own ideas of what story needs to be re-addressed and what doesn't. I think TPTB have done a great job, keeping up with the larger story arcs, and still offering bits and peices of show continuity during each season referring back to previous seasons. I prefer to leave it up to them and just enjoy the developing storylines and see where it all goes.
              EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                This show is 20 episodes a year, 44 minutes long.
                Seasons 1-7, 22 Episodes a year.
                Seasons 8-10, 20 Episodes a year.

Every episode has been about 42 minutes long.

Comment

The writers themselves stated that they were interested in doing followups to some of what I mentioned should the opportunities present themselves, such as the Aschen (Cooper was always interested in doing a concluding episode titled 'Judgment') and the Foothold aliens. Whether or not the Aschen actually dialled the blackhole planet is left up in the air, and even if they did they might've been able to deal with the situation considering how advanced they were, and would likely seek vengeance against Earth, which is what Cooper outlined in his original draft of 'Judgment'.

Quetzacoatl was the name given to the giant alien in Crystal Skull (watch the closing credits), implying that he and his kind might've impersonated the Aztec pantheon. Since they were enemies of the Goa'uld and seemed advanced in their own right, it should've made sense for the SGC to maintain some form of contact with them, especially since Daniel's grandfather remained with them as a human representative.

'Double Jeopardy' did nothing to resolve Harlen's predicament that I mentioned, in fact it was that episode which gave rise to what I stated. Harlan needed extra help in order to keep his complex running, and with the deaths of SG-1's doubles, it was never made clear whether or not he was able to continue running it himself, whether he was allowed to create additional replicas of SG-1 or if the SGC sent personnel to help him out. In fact, he himself stated in that episode that if SG-1's doubles were to die, he would likely follow suit. And 'Avalon Part I' specifically stated that they'd recovered an android body during Mitchell's interview of the 2 scientists interested in joining SG-1 and were in the process of trying to upload several personalities into it.

Watch '100 Days' again, it was very strongly implied that the woman whom Jack lived with during his 3 months on the planet was pregnant with his child at the very end of the episode. In fact, this was even brought up during 'Citizen Joe', with the people in Joe's barbershop wondering whatever became of Jack's kid.

And as for the Ori, let's look at it this way. The Goa'uld were gradually developed and fleshed out over the course of 8 seasons before their final defeat in 'Reckoning'. Sure, it happened over the course of a couple of episodes, but think of the 7+ season's worth of exposition we had beforehand. They've hardly had time to develop the Ori and their followers, who've proven to be far more formidable than the Goa'uld could ever hope to be and now it's suppsoed to be all over by the end of season 10? Earth has hardly scored any major victories over the Ori to date (possibly apart from 'The Pegasus Project') unlike what happened with the Goa'uld over the course of season 8 and suddenly they're supposed to all be defeated or at least held at bay in some way by the end of this season? Like I said, even if the writers pull some amazing deus ex machina by the series' finale and Earth somehow wards off the incursion into the Milky Way, it'll all feel rushed as compared to their original conflict with the Goa'uld.

I didn't mean that the show absolutely must go on, I was just providing a list of things that could be revisited or expanded upon should there be a season 11 or beyond, in order to make the entire SG-1 unvierse in general feel more 'complete'.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    Here's a reason for a few more seasons (or at least 1 more) that really sticks out to me - THE SHOW IS STILL GREAT!!!
                    Thats the best reason IMo b/c alot of the other stuff IMO has been dealt with already(except for a few minor things). The show should continue b/c it is still the best show on TV IMHO.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
                      Seasons 1-7, 22 Episodes a year.
                      Seasons 8-10, 20 Episodes a year.

Every episode has been about 42 minutes long.
                      44. 45 if you include the theme.
                      Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                      Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                      -Audioslave

Comment

The man went down with his ship. Only a coward would leave his crew to die.
                        = cowards then.

I agree that not all plotlines need to be wrapped up but theres still one season worth of stories that should have some sort of good resolution.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                          44. 45 if you include the theme.
                          Watch the minute counter on your DVD player. The episode ends at 42 minutes, sometimes at 43.

The exceptions are:
                          "Children of the Gods" - 90 Minutes
                          "Lost City" - 84 Minutes
                          "Threads" - 63 Minutes

Originally posted by Descent
                          = cowards then.
                          Daniel and Cameron aren't the Captain. Haven't you ever heard of the saying, "Captain goes down with his ship?" During an emergency evacuation, the Captain is always the last man to leave the ship.

Comment

Daniel and Cameron aren't the Captain. Haven't you ever heard of the saying, "Captain goes down with his ship?" During an emergency evacuation, the Captain is always the last man to leave the ship.
                            I know but they still left their fellow crewmembers to die though. You'd think Daniel wouldn't be worried about dying anymore.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I want to know what they are going to do with Vala/Tomin/Daniel
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                              X