Dark Falcon
September 19th, 2006, 11:28 AM
This is the thread to check out and post your
ideas on how to take out an Ori ship. I went to
great lengths to make up this plan, but it
isn't getting any attention, so I just made
a new thread. :P

If you guys are visual learners, then these images
will help you. I created these on Microsoft paint.
Yes, even though the Wraith are not in this galaxy,
try to imagine this.

Feel free to take these images and edit them if you'd like.
Somehow, I feel like McKay with this plan. :mckay:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori1.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori2.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori3.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori4.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori5.gif

snake91
September 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
i only few c a few problems like how are we gona get the hive ships not to attack the asgard vessel and what if the hives get hit by the main ori cannon we dont know how much damage theyll be able to take from that but overall a decent plan i think

FallenAngelII
September 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I'm still wondering if you can beam nukes on board ships during the fluctuations.

snake91
September 19th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I'm still wondering if you can beam nukes on board ships during the fluctuations.
didnt they say something about not bein able to in flesh and blood and thats why they were trying the rings

Dark Falcon
September 19th, 2006, 11:39 AM
didnt they say something about not bein able to in flesh and blood and thats why they were trying the rings

Yes. Plus, the bomb that was sent to the Ori ship in the rings was disarmed
somehow. :S

FallenAngelII
September 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM
But did they try it during the fluctuations? :P

Ravroz
September 19th, 2006, 11:43 AM
One thing is that during the season 9 finale the shields were constantly being impacted while they were firing. I do believe that ringing a nuke on board using the fluctuation in the shields could disable the ship or possibly destroy it. That would require a few mother ships and the oddysey to ring in a nuke.

snake91
September 19th, 2006, 11:43 AM
But did they try it during the fluctuations? :P
you know i thought so but i dont remember it bein stated lol

Daedalus-304
September 19th, 2006, 11:56 AM
What we need is the device from the fourth horseman that blocked the Prior's power temporarily, and fire that at the Ori ship then beam a nuke on. The device will stop the nuke from being disabled.

Buba uognarf
September 19th, 2006, 11:56 AM

try to imagine this.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori1.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori2.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori3.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori4.gif
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m308/Jets_06/Ori5.gif

Thats an intresting plan, but how do we know that the flucuation is large enough for hive fire to get through??? but it's an intresting plan though it would be a serious weakness if weapons could get through the shields...

another idea would be rail guns which due to speed would stand a better chance at getting through the shields though not nearly as powerful...

i only few c a few problems like how are we gona get the hive ships not to attack the asgard vessel and what if the hives get hit by the main ori cannon we dont know how much damage theyll be able to take from that but overall a decent plan i think

the Ori canon seemed to do minimal damage to the dakara weapon (it took several shots to destroy) so it i think it would have a hard time penetrating several kilometers of hive ship, though we don't know exactly how the beam works

Atlantean Engineer
September 19th, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they succeeded in sending a nuke on board via the ring system in Flesh and Blood. I doubt Adria stopped it since she was on the ship that had landed. Bra'tac, Teal'c, Sam, and Mitchell were attacking one of the orbiting Ori ships. Somehow, the nuke was disarmed, most likely by the Prior on board.

I think the only reasonable way to take down one of those ships is to use the fluctuations to beam a highly armed strike force on board. If they plant enough C-4 charges, they may be able to overwhelm the Prior through sheer numbers. Also, they could use one of those Prior nullifying devices that was developed. Beaming one of those onto the bridge would help alot.

Deathshot
September 19th, 2006, 12:16 PM
the Ori canon seemed to do minimal damage to the dakara weapon (it took several shots to destroy) so it i think it would have a hard time penetrating several kilometers of hive ship, though we don't know exactly how the beam works

The dakara weapon was inside a mountain and protected by a shield. Which is why it took several shots to destroy it. However, Wraith Hive ships do not have shields and would be destroyed instantly.

jds1982
September 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they succeeded in sending a nuke on board via the ring system in Flesh and Blood. I doubt Adria stopped it since she was on the ship that had landed. Bra'tac, Teal'c, Sam, and Mitchell were attacking one of the orbiting Ori ships. Somehow, the nuke was disarmed, most likely by the Prior on board.

I think the only reasonable way to take down one of those ships is to use the fluctuations to beam a highly armed strike force on board. If they plant enough C-4 charges, they may be able to overwhelm the Prior through sheer numbers. Also, they could use one of those Prior nullifying devices that was developed. Beaming one of those onto the bridge would help alot.

Hmm I wonder if they could develop a portable teleporter unit. They could ring a team onto the Ori vessel through the fluctuations, take control of the ringroom, set up the unit and proceed to beam the Prior into space, and pretty much anyone else who screws with them. Hell they could even make it an automated system, that starts beaming people in the general vicinity first and then works its way outward. Or it could be like a omnidirectional Wraith culling beam. That would certainly make infilatration easier.

jds1982
September 19th, 2006, 12:19 PM
The dakara weapon was inside a mountain and protected by a shield. Which is why it took several shots to destroy it. However, Wraith Hive ships do not have shields and would be destroyed instantly.

The control room was shielded, and that may have just been from the weapon itself. And I think advanced spaceships may have armor thats better than rock. So a hive ship may survive.

Buba uognarf
September 19th, 2006, 12:57 PM

the control room was shielded against the dakara weapon and the control room wasn't in the mountain itself, the mountain isn't shielded. I think hives(which rely of armor for protection) are going to be far tougher than a mountain....and like i've said shields aren't the beginning and end of defense it some cases armor could be more effective...

Cameron Mitchel
September 19th, 2006, 01:55 PM
But, nothing ever said that the shields FAIL when the fluctuation occurs, it just said that it weakens just enough to be able to beam, actually RING through. So, maybe if you change the plan to where the Ori ship is distracted by the two wraith ships and then use the science vessel to then beam some of the 304's nukes onto the Wraith ships (by breaching the jamming codes) and the explosion would take out the Ori ship. Just as the explosion occurs, the asgard science vessel would jump hyperspace, therefore saving the asgard crew:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8240/oribattleplanoneov9.png

PG15
September 19th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I think the Ori ship's shields will protect it from the shockwave.

In The Hive, the 2nd hive had 1. no shields and 2. was severely damaged already.

Buba uognarf
September 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM
i have a couple of major problems with your plan,
1) we don't know that the asgard can defeat the wraith counter-measures(and even if they could i doubt the wraith would agree)
2) also it's quite possible that the ori shields will hold...

a simpler plan would be getting the 2 hives to ram the ori ship i think that would finish seeing as hives are huge!

we realy don't know how effective the ori main canon would be on hives judging by the mountain in counterstrike it's going to take dozens of hits, the ori beam weapon seems to be more of a techniqual weapon then raw power i reckon the secondary canons on an ori ship would be far more effective seeing as they seem to be standard energy weapons

kirmit
September 19th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I doubt that an ori ships secondary fire could destroy a hive but possibly disable it while the main cannon weapon destroys it. The ori ship could hit one hive with the the cannon, destroying it while the other secondary weapons diable the other hive and asgard ship then it's just a matter of them waiting their turn to be blown apart.

Cameron Mitchel
September 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Maybe I missed it, but I think the Ori ship's shields will protect it from the shockwave.

In The Hive, the 2nd hive had 1. no shields and 2. was severely damaged already.
Well, it's more plausible than the first plan. But listen, what's another way to make it work? And I'm not talking about the Asgard asking the Wraith to give them their countermeasures. I'm talking about the Asgard finally breaking thru their countermeasures. As I said, its only i they find out their countermeasures. Any way, its the asgard and tauri luring the wraith somehow into coming to the milky way and drawing the attention of an Ori ship. I know it's farfetched, and there is probably not a good plan just yet to defeating an Ori ship.

Lord of Nightmares
September 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I only give this plan a less than 50% chance of succeeding, but at least it's a start. Honestly, I'm not sure if the Hiveship's main energy weapons will even be able to penetrate an Ori battlecruiser's shielding while it's firing its primary weapon despite the energy fluctuations, and I'm not putting down the Hiveship's weaponry.

Of course, even if the strategy is proven to work at least 1 in every 2 to 3 attempts, it'd still require the sacrifice of at least one or even both Hiveships, and possibly the Asgard vessel in the process. Meaning we'd most likely run out of ships before the Ori do.

Atlantean Engineer
September 19th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Bringing the Wraith in to fight the Ori might blow up in Earth's face, but it does have its merits. If they get locked in a power struggle with each other, fighting over food/followers, then we can stay relatively unscathed in the middle and slowly acquire technologies/develop strategies against both sides.

This is somewhat reminiscent to how SG-1 started, with the Goa'uld System Lords locked in battle over territory, while Earth slowly stole technology from them.

Merlin's_Legacy
September 20th, 2006, 07:25 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to strip down a wraith drt so that it was kind of like a Star Wars speeder bike with a culling beam and a null-a-Prior disc on board. Ring said culling speeder in and suck up everyone on board. Put some sort of intelligent controls on it and it wouldn't even need a pilot. The we could take the Ori ship.

FallenAngelII
September 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
A Ha'tak rammed a Ori ship (with some exploding, IIRC) in "Camelot" and it didn't seem phased (the shield held perfectly fine).

Buba uognarf
September 20th, 2006, 08:07 AM
A Ha'tak rammed a Ori ship (with some exploding, IIRC) in "Camelot" and it didn't seem phased (the shield held perfectly fine).

we don't know if the ship was effected or not, you can't judge from the outside how the shield is fairing...i reckon a couple of hive ships ramming the ori vessel would destroy it

mizzoueng
September 20th, 2006, 08:17 AM
This has come up several times, but why dont they use hyperdrives to bypass the shields? Lure the Ori near a asteroid field and have several large asteroids equiped with thrusters, then have bunches of ships open HS windows and try to get them to re-open inside the shields. Even if the Ori primary and secondary weapons could get a quick lock, the debris from the resulting explosion would be hopefully enough to cripple prinmary systems or the shields so we could finish them off.

Also, I know we (humans) could not reverse engineer the phase cloaking device, but surely the Asgard could at least make it possible to use on a missle or maybe a whole Asgard cruiser. The shield *theoreticaly* would be bypassed and you could open fire without worry.

ItsDan
September 20th, 2006, 08:20 AM
This is easy, just paint a supergate on the side of a black hole, and let the Ori ship try to enter it.

FallenAngelII
September 20th, 2006, 08:41 AM
we don't know if the ship was effected or not, you can't judge from the outside how the shield is fairing...i reckon a couple of hive ships ramming the ori vessel would destroy it

As opposed to the combined fire power of the strongest space weaponry in the Milky Way for several minutes? >_>'

You really think ramming it a few times would destroy the shield?

Buba uognarf
September 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
As opposed to the combined fire power of the strongest space weaponry in the Milky Way for several minutes? >_>'

You really think ramming it a few times would destroy the shield?

Ok, hives are massive the impact alone would be massive not to mention the explosions...i reckon that the impact would seriously damage the ori vessel the milky way forces didn't exact nearly as much force on any single ori vessel as a hive ramming it would do...

as for the combined firepower of the milky way the firepower they put out is laughable compared to a several hive ships and the combined firepower wasn't very impressive (apart from maybe the asgard)...

FallenAngelII
September 20th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Ok, hives are massive the impact alone would be massive not to mention the explosions...i reckon that the impact would seriously damage the ori vessel the milky way forces didn't exact nearly as much force on any single ori vessel as a hive ramming it would do...

as for the combined firepower of the milky way the firepower they put out is laughable compared to a several hive ships and the combined firepower wasn't very impressive (apart from maybe the asgard)...

How big the ship is means nothing if it's moving at snail's speed (which, incidentally, the Hives do). Impact = Mass x Speed. Besides, there's not much to explode with on a Hive Ship besides the Hyperdrive and stuff.

The Ha'tak ramming the Ori vessel resulted in it ramming against the Ori vessel's shield. The same would happen to the Ori vessel. So unless you throw tons of Hives on the shields to weaken them, nothing will happen.

It doesn't matter if the Hive ships have stronger weapons. They can't shoot if they're ramming the damn ships.

Buba uognarf
September 20th, 2006, 10:57 AM
How big the ship is means nothing if it's moving at snail's speed (which, incidentally, the Hives do). Impact = Mass x Speed. Besides, there's not much to explode with on a Hive Ship besides the Hyperdrive and stuff.

The Ha'tak ramming the Ori vessel resulted in it ramming against the Ori vessel's shield. The same would happen to the Ori vessel. So unless you throw tons of Hives on the shields to weaken them, nothing will happen.

It doesn't matter if the Hive ships have stronger weapons. They can't shoot if they're ramming the damn ships.

fine i understand that impact = mass x speed, but hives do not move at a snails pace...maybe they do when manuevering but when moving to intercept ot ram they're going to be moving alot faster and there's going to be massive kinetic energy....

as for when the ship explodes the hive clearly shows a massive blast wave emenating from the hives enough to vapourise everything within a 10km radius as mckay said the combined effect from 2 hives would cause serious damage to the ori...

whats your point about the ha'tak ramming the shield thats obvious, when i say ori and ori vessel the shields are included i'm saying the shield would be either withstand the effect barely and fail soon after or the ori ship would be destroyed after both impacts...

i was making the point to point out that the fire hitting the ori wasn't all that spectacular and the hive would be firing as they ram....

mizzoueng
September 20th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, this plan could work, but i believe that the hive ships would have to jump out of hyperspace and not use retros to slow down to get the impact force required to effectivly penetrate an Ori shield. The problem is that you would have to keep the Ori ship motionless, be able to plot the course from a good distance away, and get off the ship.

Also, you would some how need to de-wrait-ify 2 hive ships and get them to the MW. It took the Orion (or was it Aurora?) and Ded to take down one and cripple one so they could DW the ship.

Lightbane
September 20th, 2006, 04:38 PM
hmmm the dakara weapon was one-shotted when the beam hit the weapon it blew up in one shot Adria didn't know where the weapon was i don't think because otherwise she would have targeted it and hit it first

Buba uognarf
September 21st, 2006, 07:24 AM
hmmm the dakara weapon was one-shotted when the beam hit the weapon it blew up in one shot Adria didn't know where the weapon was i don't think because otherwise she would have targeted it and hit it first

the weapon was hit several times atleast...

Dark Falcon
September 21st, 2006, 08:55 AM
I got a second idea!

How about we send in the Asgard vessel to get the Ori
ship's main cannon to start firing. When the cannon
starts to fire, we send in F-302s loaded with missiles
armed with nukes enhanced with naquadah to amplify a large
explosion!

Of course, the missiles would be fired at the fluctuation in
the Ori ship's shields.

FallenAngelII
September 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
fine i understand that impact = mass x speed, but hives do not move at a snails pace...maybe they do when manuevering but when moving to intercept ot ram they're going to be moving alot faster and there's going to be massive kinetic energy....

as for when the ship explodes the hive clearly shows a massive blast wave emenating from the hives enough to vapourise everything within a 10km radius as mckay said the combined effect from 2 hives would cause serious damage to the ori...

whats your point about the ha'tak ramming the shield thats obvious, when i say ori and ori vessel the shields are included i'm saying the shield would be either withstand the effect barely and fail soon after or the ori ship would be destroyed after both impacts...

i was making the point to point out that the fire hitting the ori wasn't all that spectacular and the hive would be firing as they ram....

The only time we've seen hive ships explode like that were when they exploded because of nukes. Ramming into shields, not the same thing.

.jolinar.
September 21st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hmm I wonder if they could develop a portable teleporter unit. They could ring a team onto the Ori vessel through the fluctuations, take control of the ringroom, set up the unit and proceed to beam the Prior into space, and pretty much anyone else who screws with them. Hell they could even make it an automated system, that starts beaming people in the general vicinity first and then works its way outward. Or it could be like a omnidirectional Wraith culling beam. That would certainly make infilatration easier.

i like this idea. or even better than eventually destroying the ori ship we could just get rid of the crew, commender the ship, fly it back to earth or one of our alpha type sites, backward engineer the tech and build our own ori battle cruiser type ships. woo!! then we send out our fleet of ships and wipe out the ori one by one.

Buba uognarf
September 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
The only time we've seen hive ships explode like that were when they exploded because of nukes. Ramming into shields, not the same thing.

Actually that was when the hives in 'the hive' blew each other up, i would attribute this to the powersource exploding which would still happen when it rams the ori vessel...

GateR_mk
September 22nd, 2006, 11:57 PM

try to imagine this.

The only sure-way to destroy the Ori Ships is to use a weapon that instantly disintegrates matter, regardless of shields. There unfortuneatly very few weapons that can do this however.
the stargate Kawoosh should do nicely perhaps on a super scale? the Dakara superweapon? its designed to reduce objects to thier elements right?

Amann
September 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM
a way to kill their ship is to somehow shut off the supergate and lure another ship to the gate and reactivate it. They may not fall for it though, but we do no that the shields cannot withstand a kawoosh

TechnoWraith
September 23rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
This will probably sound dumb, so laugh at will:

What about an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP)?

If an Ori ship is anything like a "traditional" starship, it surely contains sensitive electronic equipment of some kind. We do know that EMP's can take out a wide variety of electronic systems and equipment. So why not try and "nuke" the ori ship with EMp missiles?

Again, laugh all you want, because i know there are people here who will say "That's the dumbest idea on the planet." ;)

Atlantean Engineer
September 25th, 2006, 07:59 AM

If an Ori ship is anything like a "traditional" starship, it surely contains sensitive electronic equipment of some kind. We do know that EMP's can take out a wide variety of electronic systems and equipment. So why not try and "nuke" the ori ship with EMp missiles?

Again, laugh all you want, because i know there are people here who will say "That's the dumbest idea on the planet." ;)

That's not a bad idea, but it might not work. There are ways to shield against an EMP pulse, and the Ori shields might weaken an EMP pulse too. An interesting thing to do might be to beam an EMP device onto a ship through the fluctuation. It'd be similar to beaming a nuke over, but you would keep the ship fairly intact (might fry some electronics near the device). However, it might have the same weakness (i.e. Prior or Orisi simply stopping the device). Also EMP devices for such a large scale requires alot of power. I'm not sure if a Naquada generator would be enough, and they certainly wouldn't risk a ZPM. I think a nuke would be more compact and effective if we aren't specifically trying to take an Ori ship.

mizzoueng
September 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Not sure if this would work. Assuming that the Ori haev the same shield tech as the Ancients, we saw in Atlantis that they used a nuke to make it look like the city self-destructed. The shield was up during the blast and then dropped and the cloak active. The EMP did not effect the Lantean systems but they did have to shut down earth based systems.

jenks
September 25th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Lure the Ori ships into a system, get the Asgard to blow up its star, simple...

Lt. Col. Mcoy
September 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Lure the Ori ships into a system, get the Asgard to blow up its star, simple...

He's right. (Shrug)

Dr. Who
September 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
The EMP most likely won't work. We know it temporarly knocked out the Prometheus. The newer warships are probably shielded from EMPs. Think about it. With all the nukes The Deadulas launched against the wraith at one time, there would be some serious EMP damage to the ship, yet it functioned fine. The ori ships would most likely not be affected by an EMP.

mizzoueng
September 25th, 2006, 01:25 PM
What they need to do is devise a portable Dakara weapon. I am sure if the Asgard, SGC, and Tollen (if any are left) they could put their collective heads together and modify the Oneal weapon to emit a pulse to wipe out the crew aboard the Ori ships. Or better yet, target only the Priors themselves. We've seen that the pulse can go through the shields.

Rail'k
September 25th, 2006, 01:39 PM
after some deep thought i have come up with a few ingenious ideas to defeat the ori ships or at least get past there shilds

1. The carter manuver(taking an x302 and hav it open up a small hyoperspace widow and bypass the shield via subspace as seen in episode 1 of seson 7)

2. same as 1 but leave hyperspace inside the ship so the x302 would explode in the ship taking the sip with it (best if flown by remote)

3. have one of the x304's open a hyperspace window exactly where the ori ship is and theoretically the creation of the window would blow the ship apart

4. pull the fleat into an empty star system and then blow up the star

i persued the same topic in thes thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26643

Cameron Mitchel
September 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
What they need to do is devise a portable Dakara weapon. I am sure if the Asgard, SGC, and Tollen (if any are left) they could put their collective heads together and modify the Oneal weapon to emit a pulse to wipe out the crew aboard the Ori ships. Or better yet, target only the Priors themselves. We've seen that the pulse can go through the shields.
Hey, you're on to something: Have the Asgard modify our Prior Weapon to be a large scale weapon. Have it be made in the form of a wave, like the Dakara weapon. Since the Dakara weapon could go thru Ori shields, this should do the same. Now, because a Prior is needed to fly an Ori mothership, the weapon will disable the Prior's abilities, thus shutting down the ship. Then we have two options: 1) Waste the ship to H3LL, or 2) Capture it by beaming all the soldiers and the Prior out into space using a Beliskner's beaming superweapon, and fire on the Prior so that he doesnt regain his powers and get himself back into the ship, and then capture the ship, and with the Asgard, find a way to control it manually. How about that?

Cameron Mitchel
September 26th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Okay, I'll knock my self out: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHAH..... Is that good enough LOL?

(DON'T GET MAD, YOU SAID SO....)

Argosy
September 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Since the Prior nullifier works through ultrasonic acoustical waves then why not just broadcast that ultrasound frequency over their comm. system?

We can do it under the guise that we are hailing them to surrender/convert.

It’s just a thought, but why would you need the Asgard to build a super weapon when you could just use their own comm. system against them to interfere with the Priors ability to interface with the ship via the command chair?

If they are incapable of raising the shield without a Prior interfacing with the ship then we can send over a nuke and destroy it, or send an assault team and take the ship by force.

mizzoueng
September 26th, 2006, 02:30 PM
As we have onyl used that device once, and it didnt work that well. It took Daniel a long time to figure out the right frequency. And was that frequency attunted to that particular priors brainwave pattren? For some reason that sticks in my head. When adapting the Oneal weapon to that particular frequency, it may not work at all. You would have to alter the output until it matched the prior. And there are more than one prior on a ship. So once you found one you have to start all over again.

A more viable solution would be to gather debris from the destroyed Ori ship, determine the material that the hull is made of, find its cosmic signature/harmonic frequency/whatever and input that into the Oneal weapon. Then when you fire the weapon the ships hull goes BYEBYE. Not even a prior can live in a vaccum.

This weapon would also work wonders on hive ships and darts. Not to mention Lucian Ha'Taaks or Gould motherships.

Atlantean Engineer
September 26th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think broadcasting it through a communication channel would work. Signals are amplified, filtered, multiplexed, and demultiplexed along the way. The ultrasonic signal might not get through all that unchanged. Also, you have to assume that the speakers on the other end will rebroadcast the acoustic signal correctly if at all. Depending on the speaker, it might not be able to even output certain sound levels (e.g. computer speakers can't reproduce the sound of a dog whistle).

The better idea is to let SG-1 (high value targets) surrender to an Ori ship and get captured. They should have the device hidden or miniaturized so when the Prior comes to spout Origin to them, they can take him down.

Dark Falcon
September 26th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I don't think broadcasting it through a communication channel would work. Signals are amplified, filtered, multiplexed, and demultiplexed along the way. The ultrasonic signal might not get through all that unchanged. Also, you have to assume that the speakers on the other end will rebroadcast the acoustic signal correctly if at all. Depending on the speaker, it might not be able to even output certain sound levels (e.g. computer speakers can't reproduce the sound of a dog whistle).

The better idea is to let SG-1 (high value targets) surrender to an Ori ship and get captured. They should have the device hidden or miniaturized so when the Prior comes to spout Origin to them, they can take him down.

Good plan, but you need to bear one thing in mind: The
prior is able to sense people's intentions, just like one found
out that Mitchell was a friend of Daniel Jackson. "Origin"
So, the Prior will probably see through SG-1's plans.

Atlantean Engineer
September 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Good plan, but you need to bear one thing in mind: The
prior is able to sense people's intentions, just like one found
out that Mitchell was a friend of Daniel Jackson. "Origin"
So, the Prior will probably see through SG-1's plans.
I don't think the Priors can read people's mind per se. They can sense if you're going to attack maybe, but not much more. The Prior in origin knew that Mitchell was linked to Jackson because both of them told the Ori that they were from Earth. All it really means is that the Priors have almost instantaneous knowledge of what happens with one another.

Dark Falcon
September 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Hmm...good point.

Ori ships. If there is ever a way to destroy an Ori ship
without the supergate, then the answer must lie in the fluctuation
of the ship's shields.

Atlantean Engineer
September 27th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Instead of beaming an electrical device into the ship where the Priors can do something, carry an extra large mirror. Beam it right in front of the front beam weapon and pray. Of course the mirror would have to be really refelective or several feet thick to survive for a decent amount of time. But it really only needs to survive for a second or so. Then again, we don't know if you can reflect one of those beams :S They do seem a lot like motlen plasma rather than a powerful laser at times

Dark Falcon
September 27th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Instead of beaming an electrical device into the ship where the Priors can do something, carry an extra large mirror. Beam it right in front of the front beam weapon and pray. Of course the mirror would have to be really refelective or several feet thick to survive for a decent amount of time. But it really only needs to survive for a second or so. Then again, we don't know if you can reflect one of those beams :S They do seem a lot like motlen plasma rather than a powerful laser at times

Maybe the mirror will reflect back at the Ori cannon itself through
the fluctuation? Perhaps that will give us the chain reaction needed
to destroy the Ori ship. :cool:

knowles2
September 28th, 2006, 04:28 AM
We can't beam nucs on board because the prior can disarmed them some how.

But what if you set it of just micro second befor it fully rematerialise, that way the prior would have no way to know if it a bomb or not or how to disarm it.

One downside oculd be that the destruction could overload your ship power systems. A nd the tricky timing in setting the bomb off, but surly samatha carter can work all that out.

Dark Falcon
September 28th, 2006, 08:37 AM

But what if you set it of just micro second befor it fully rematerialise, that way the prior would have no way to know if it a bomb or not or how to disarm it.

One downside oculd be that the destruction could overload your ship power systems. A nd the tricky timing in setting the bomb off, but surly samatha carter can work all that out.

That sounds more like a plan:

Don't give the enemy time to disarm the bomb,
catch him off guard. Yes, Sam is the mathematician
when it comes to topics like this. :sam: :D

Atlantean Engineer
September 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM

I'm not so sure about this. Beaming it out a microsecond ahead is risky, it could literally blow up in their faces if they don't get it off in time, and its not exactly easy to time space battles the way you want. The last time they beamed one over, I think they set the fuse for 5 seconds and beamed it over. If the Prior can recognize it and disarm it in 5 seconds . . . well, I think we should try 2 seconds or something before going down to 0.5 seconds and having the nuke go off before we can send it.

Cameron Mitchel
September 28th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Since the Prior nullifier works through ultrasonic acoustical waves then why not just broadcast that ultrasound frequency over their comm. system?

We can do it under the guise that we are hailing them to surrender/convert.

It’s just a thought, but why would you need the Asgard to build a super weapon when you could just use their own comm. system against them to interfere with the Priors ability to interface with the ship via the command chair?

If they are incapable of raising the shield without a Prior interfacing with the ship then we can send over a nuke and destroy it, or send an assault team and take the ship by force.
It's not a COMM system. I've seen a few people on this forum who have a tendency to relate everything to Earth, as if everything has to be like earth. You can't relate everything to earth. And, I doubt the waves would go over a COMM system. And, I don't think you can hail more than one ship at a time. I might be wrong. It shouldnt take the Asgard long to make not a superweapon, but just a larger version of it.

Buba uognarf
September 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
has anyone thought of using the asgard time dilation tech on the ori? it could potentially stop them i think if shields can't defend against it, each second would become years plenty of time to destroy them...

knowles2
September 30th, 2006, 02:15 AM
has anyone thought of using the asgard time dilation tech on the ori? it could potentially stop them i think if shields can't defend against it, each second would become years plenty of time to destroy them...

That would of be a good solid plan during the spacegate battle. But now they spread through out the galexy and would quit difficult to captured every ori vessels, you would have to lure their entire fleet to s single location, and you would have to be dead stupid to send your entire fleet into a single battle. They would alway have some reserves somewhere in the galexy.

One idea I had to take out a entire fleet of ships would be to use the taited zpm we have and use a cloak puddle jumper. Left beside the supergate and waited until the more ori vessel come and set it of. Well if powerful enough to destroy a entire solar system it shoudl be enough to take out supergate and a fleet of ori ships and if it is'nt then we are doomed doomed to destruction, well untill the writers come up with some exs deux machine to save the day.

Cameron Mitchel
September 30th, 2006, 08:37 AM
That would of be a good solid plan during the spacegate battle. But now they spread through out the galexy and would quit difficult to captured every ori vessels, you would have to lure their entire fleet to s single location, and you would have to be dead stupid to send your entire fleet into a single battle. They would alway have some reserves somewhere in the galexy.

One idea I had to take out a entire fleet of ships would be to use the taited zpm we have and use a cloak puddle jumper. Left beside the supergate and waited until the more ori vessel come and set it of. Well if powerful enough to destroy a entire solar system it shoudl be enough to take out supergate and a fleet of ori ships and if it is'nt then we are doomed doomed to destruction, well untill the writers come up with some exs deux machine to save the day.
But, how exactly will using a time dilation field BEAT the Ori? Yes, itll maybe slow them down, but youre still going to have to find a way to destroy their ships or at least to beat them in battle. And that's where my plan comes in. Slow em down to where they cant shoot, and then use the Prior neutralizer, or whatever its called, on em.

Cameron Mitchel
September 30th, 2006, 08:37 AM

We dont have a tainted zpm. We gave that one to Baal and he blew up Camulus, that Goauld who played on Andromeda. And, a zpm can't blow up a solar system. Where'd you get that from? It was project arcturus that blew up 3/4ths of a solar system, and the tainted ZPM, in Zero Hour, didnt blow up a solar system. And, use logic. If Arcturus can only blow up 3/4 ths of a solar system, and a zpm is only 1/25th of the power of project arcturus, which was stated in trinity, then a zpm wont blow up much. It could probably only wipe out life on a planet, but most likely not enough to destroy one. And take into account the strength of the Ori shields.

Dark Falcon
September 30th, 2006, 09:45 AM
We dont have a tainted zpm. We gave that one to Baal and he blew up Camulus, that Goauld who played on Andromeda. And, a zpm can't blow up a solar system. Where'd you get that from? It was project arcturus that blew up 3/4ths of a solar system, and the tainted ZPM, in Zero Hour, didnt blow up a solar system. And, use logic. If Arcturus can only blow up 3/4 ths of a solar system, and a zpm is only 1/25th of the power of project arcturus, which was stated in trinity, then a zpm wont blow up much. It could probably only wipe out life on a planet, but most likely not enough to destroy one. And take into account the strength of the Ori shields.

Good point. Can the Ori ship's shields block out shockwaves?
Because we could try "The Ties that Bind" shockwave maneuver
with 3 Tel'tak vessels against an Ori ship, disabling its systems,
including shields.

knowles2
October 1st, 2006, 03:16 AM
Actually your wrong o'neil, did not give camulas the taited zpm, really you would trust a gould with something so power full, not in a million year. No o'neil swap the taited zpm for the dead one that we had laying aroung and gave the dead one to camualas and the taited one is kept probably under maxium guard at area fifty one. would not want a crazy scientist destroying solar system now would we.

And carter specifically said in that, they mis calculated the destructive power of the zpm instead of the destroying the planet it would destroy the entire solar system, that carter said go and check if you do not beleive.
And get your facts right before trying to prove someone wrong.
After we figure out it was bugey trap so baal probably would to. And o'neil made the right decision by not him the taited one. So my plan would work.

Jozxyqk
October 1st, 2006, 03:49 AM
Here's my theory:
We've seen in the episode "Beachhead" that the Ori shields get stronger when hit by enemy fire. Now, all space vessels have some sort of artificial gravity, right? So, why not alter this technology somewhat into a sort of gravity beam?
A gravity beam of some sort wouldn't strengthen their shields, and would hopefully rip some of the hull off and damage the ship.
What do you all think?

Hooperman1990
October 1st, 2006, 11:42 AM
I dont remember anything other than the big cannon as ori weapons. So you get thousands of 302s, death gliders, al'kesh and any other small ships and get them to swarm it. The cannon wont be able to hit them as easily as a ha'tak or other big ship, and if they do hit theres still many many more

Buba uognarf
October 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
I dont remember anything other than the big cannon as ori weapons. So you get thousands of 302s, death gliders, al'kesh and any other small ships and get them to swarm it. The cannon wont be able to hit them as easily as a ha'tak or other big ship, and if they do hit theres still many many more

the ori toilets have secondary canons but not point defense although they do carry fighters...

that won't work because it will take far too long and the ori ship can just destroy the carriers and then jump to hyperspace leaving our cloud of fighters stranded...

i still think trapping them in a time dilation field would be a good strategy with years to attack them we could simply bide our time or throw everyhting at them and wear them down...

Cameron Mitchel
October 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
Here's my theory:
We've seen in the episode "Beachhead" that the Ori shields get stronger when hit by enemy fire. Now, all space vessels have some sort of artificial gravity, right? So, why not alter this technology somewhat into a sort of gravity beam?
A gravity beam of some sort wouldn't strengthen their shields, and would hopefully rip some of the hull off and damage the ship.
What do you all think?
That was a Prior's shield, crated by the Prior himself. It has nothing to do with the ships. And for the post about not giving the tainted one to Camulus, that dead one wasnt dead. It's the same one that was in Antarctica. After we used it in Lost City, it wasnt dead. It had some power left. So we used it to dial the one way trip to Pegasus. But, it wasnt dead then either. It had a little power left, but not enough to power anything, I think (even if it wasnt dead, we still only had one ZPM, and that's the one we gave to Camulus).

knowles2
October 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM
Know in that episode we had two. Camulas gave us the location to zpm he found but could not figure out how to use, even through we could? We bought that one back to the sgc, which meant then we had two. Now if I am right they have said on several occasions through out the series that the one we had that o'neil use to power the antartica one was depleted, and basically usless, and that was the one they gave to Camulas, he took that one through the stargate and gave it baal, probably just after he began begging for his life. Which mean the taited one which camuals tried use to try to get ourselfes to blow ourselfe up with, is still on earth and still could of been use to destroy the first ori fleet which came through the gate.

Actionhank
October 2nd, 2006, 02:45 AM
after some deep thought i have come up with a few ingenious ideas to defeat the ori ships or at least get past there shilds

1. The carter manuver(taking an x302 and hav it open up a small hyoperspace widow and bypass the shield via subspace as seen in episode 1 of seson 7)

2. same as 1 but leave hyperspace inside the ship so the x302 would explode in the ship taking the sip with it (best if flown by remote)

3. have one of the x304's open a hyperspace window exactly where the ori ship is and theoretically the creation of the window would blow the ship apart

4. pull the fleat into an empty star system and then blow up the star

i persued the same topic in thes thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26643
That sounds fine to me. :)

What about this one:
The Asgard reengineer those Tollian Bombs they made for some G'ouald and use them as a mindfield (maybe cloaked at first) to lure the Ori ship into. Would'nt that be fun?

Yet another thing would be if they could build some item to force a ship to emerge from hyperspace at a certain point (maybe a generator of some sort - you know what kind of thing I mean ;) ). In that area they have plenty of bombs prepared - boom.

Cameron Mitchel
October 2nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
Trust me, that probably wouldnt work. Any bombs we made probably wouldn't have an affect. And, the Tollan are gone. There's probably no more of their weapons. And, the Priors are smarter than that.

deadman
October 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
Here is my idea. We transmit to them that we are a delegation, which surrenders, and we are going to beam to them some kind of program to get to do something on Earth, but hidden in there is a bug that activates all the ships Sub-Space-Communicators, and causes a ship to open a new SuperGate. The bug would then spread to the Ori Galaxy and destroy all their ships there. Then it would take out all the shields and weapons systems of the Milky Way Ori fleet. Then the fun begins...

We take out the ships and capture Adria and force her to strip dance for her freedom.

Cameron Mitchel
October 3rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Here is my idea. We transmit to them that we are a delegation, which surrenders, and we are going to beam to them some kind of program to get to do something on Earth, but hidden in there is a bug that activates all the ships Sub-Space-Communicators, and causes a ship to open a new SuperGate. The bug would then spread to the Ori Galaxy and destroy all their ships there. Then it would take out all the shields and weapons systems of the Milky Way Ori fleet. Then the fun begins...

We take out the ships and capture Adria and force her to strip dance for her freedom.
That wouldnt work. For one, the supergate, as stated in the show, is only made to dial FROM the Ori galaxy. It was a one-way trip for the Ori soldiers. And, the Priors are two smart for us to trick them, AND we arent THAT smart as to make a bug like that.

LOL for the last part.

EDIT: ANd, they wouldnt accept anything from the races in the Milky Way, theyre more advanced than us, AND Adria seems to have a thing for Daniel, so she'd only do that if daniel was right there (you know, she is always wanting Daniel, and is always looking and directing her statements at Daniel. Ex. In Counterstrike-we have plans for YOU. Ex2- Quest P1- "I want DANIEL to come with me (no one else)

Cameron Mitchel
October 3rd, 2006, 03:25 PM
That wouldnt work. For one, the supergate, as stated in the show, is only made to dial FROM the Ori galaxy. It was a one-way trip for the Ori soldiers. And, the Priors are two smart for us to trick them, AND we arent THAT smart as to make a bug like that.

LOL for the last part.

EDIT: ANd, they wouldnt accept anything from the races in the Milky Way, theyre more advanced than us, AND Adria seems to have a thing for Daniel, so she'd only do that if daniel was right there (you know, she is always wanting Daniel, and is always looking and directing her statements at Daniel. Ex. In Counterstrike-we have plans for YOU. Ex2- Quest P1- "I want DANIEL to come with me (no one else)
I honestly think my idea is the best and most probable one, and, what the heck, why shouldnt I like my idea?

Locutus_Of_Borg
October 5th, 2006, 06:46 AM
i just say have a waffle stand and then sneak abourd while the priors are eating and stick some c4 on it or just steal it, because the ori forget to take the keys out of the ignition