Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The invitation (Warning! Big Affinity Spoilers lurk within!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The invitation (Warning! Big Affinity Spoilers lurk within!)

Just to avoid scolding....
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    s
    p
    a
    c
    e

Well, now that Sam has finally said yes to Persistent Pete's marriage proposal, she will have the somewhat daunting task of finding a wedding dress that goes with combat boots and of course, composing a wedding invitation. Gee, wonder how that would read.....

General Jacob Carter and his symbiote Selmak would like to to announce the wedding of his daughter, Colonel Samantha Carter
    To Peter Shanahan, son of Pam and Dan Shanahan
    10 a.m.
    May 13, 2005
    At the Garden of (the children of ) the Gods,
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

The families invite you to witness the happy couple as they exchange rings that do not require a GDO.
    Reception featuring blue Jello and turkey sandwiches to follow at the Peterson Air Force Base Mess Hall. Music will be provided by the Intergalactic Tokra Swing Band.

In case of inclement weather or imminent Goa’uld attack, the ceremony will be moved to underground bunker at Cheyenne Mountain. Guests are asked to leave all Zats and automatic rifles at the door.

The bride is registered at Bed Bath and Beyond Vorash.
    Please RSVP via Asgard communicator no later than March 21.

His name is stalker pete, not persistant pete.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Apologies. In my haste to be alliterative, I blundered into an Official Fan Nickname violation. Stalker Pete it is.

Comment

Actually Carter called him that in the show as well.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Lol, well I like persistent Pete... lol. But hey, I also like Stalker Pete... suits him better!
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Pete: "I'm not a stalker. I'm just a cop!"

I think thats how the line went.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Pete: "I'm not a stalker. I'm just a cop!"

I think thats how the line went.
              Something like that. I think the writers were addressing all the fans who wrote in hate mail complaining that Pete was some whacko stalker. I've seen threads laughing at it, and others were some fans took great offense (they probably wrote some of those letters )

Comment

Pete didn't deny being a stalker, and Sam didn't call him one. The line was: "You didn't run away when I... stalked you."
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  Pete didn't deny being a stalker, and Sam didn't call him one. The line was: "You didn't run away when I... stalked you."
                  That's the way I remember it.

We can only hope that the engagement lasts longer than the show. I personally do not want a wedding episode.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Just one question. Will we be invited?!?!?!?!?!?
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

LOL!

Good one, crowhop. That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

hehehe... Pam and Dan Shanahan... LOL!
                      ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                        Glad to see SOMEONE saw the fun in my little thread, rather than getting "shipwrecked" (Shipwreck- the process of diverting from a topic/point of discussion toward the ongoing fuss over romance between two leading characters). Yes, a fictional wedding invite does touch on the whole Sam/Jack/Pete thing, but the point was to have fun with the premise of a hitchin'.

To whit, would the attendees need security clearance? And more importantly, where will they sit?
                        Maybe, Jaffa on the left, Tokra on the right and Shanahan's kin behind a Zat-proof shield?
                        Other questions: Jaffa cakes at the wedding reception? Should the vows include "Til Death or Goa'uld infestation/Stargate transport malfunction do us part"?

Comment

QUOTE=crowhop]Glad to see SOMEONE saw the fun in my little thread, rather than getting "shipwrecked"
                          <snippage>

the point was to have fun with the premise of a hitchin'
                          Oi! I hate it when that happens.<grrrr> Stay on topic, folks!

That's quite the invitation! So funny!

To whit, would the attendees need security clearance? And more importantly, where will they sit?
                          Maybe, Jaffa on the left, Tokra on the right and Shanahan's kin behind a Zat-proof shield?
                          I wonder, does Uncle Irving have clearance(and does he look like Urgo)?

Other questions: Jaffa cakes at the wedding reception?
                          But of course!

Should the vows include "Til Death or Goa'uld infestation/Stargate transport malfunction do us part"?
                          Well, definitely Goa'uld infestation, because three's a crowd....
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                            Let's hope not. That would mean a "Wedding Show." The only way that would interest me is if they let Kinthia make the wedding cake; her specialty. Just ask O'neill,...."Brief Candle"
                            Last edited by Ancient 1; 25 August 2004, 02:35 PM.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Oh wow... I'm probably going to be severely shunned for this- but a Stargate Wedding would be hilarious! It could be like a soap opera wedding, while they're saying their vows the camera cuts to the attendees with sentimental (or other) looks on their faces. And they could go through all of our Stargate friends and allies (which would take a long time). A reception would be even more fun! Of course, this would have to last for about 8 or 9 episodes...
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                              X