X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - SciFi Weekly: Fall Preview 2006 Part II

From SciFi Weekly:

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/screen/sfw13667.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

September 18, 2006

2006 Fall Preview, Part II

By Kathie Huddleston

**major snippage**

Returning and Continuing Shows

**general snippage**

Stargate Atlantis
    SCI FI, Fridays
    Continuing

Season three for Stargate Atlantis continued the Atlanteans' clash with the Wraith, offered us multiple McKays and introduced a new villain. With one episode to air before the midseason break, the team will run into a group of Ancients who want Atlantis back. In "The Return, Part 1," McKay and Carter attempt to develop an inter-dimensional bridge to create a portal system that will allow a person to get from Earth to the Pegasus Galaxy in minutes. However, when they make contact with a group of Ancients, everything changes. Look for the conclusion to that cliffhanger to premiere in January as enemies old and new continue to cause the team problems.

The Outlook: Unlike Stargate SG-1's fate, Stargate Atlantis has been renewed for a fourth season. With decent ratings and confident storytelling, Stargate Atlantis has come into its own. However, what night it will land on is another matter. The Dresden Files and Painkiller Jane both have series orders and are being added to SCI FI. It will be interesting to see how the channel fills up its schedule.

Stargate SG-1
    SCI FI, Fridays
    Continuing

The battle with the Ori heated up this season as Vala became a regular part of the SG-1 team, Adria grew into Firefly's Morena Baccarin and the 200th episode explored what the SG-1 team might look like as puppets. The final episode to air is the midseason finale, called "The Quest, Part 1," which follows the team's adventures as they attempt to find the Holy Grail, an Ancient device that might help them destroy the Ori. Unfortunately, they discover that an old enemy is looking for the weapon too. When the series comes back in January for the second part of its 10th and final season, "The Quest, Part 2" picks up where the cliffhanger left off in true medieval fashion. Then they're off to save the world from the Ori, where Stargate SG-1 hopefully will get the sendoff it deserves.

The Outlook: After 10 seasons, the longest-running science-fiction series on American television is coming to an end. Stargate SG-1's ratings dropped this summer, far enough for the SCI FI to decide to cancel the series. But it will go out in style, because we still have half a season to air, starting early next year. Look for the creative team behind the scenes to give Stargate SG-1 viewers something they'll remember. Through Showtime, syndication and SCI FI, Stargate SG-1 will have taken us on 215 adventures through the years. Despite the loss of Richard Dean Anderson as the star, the series came back creatively. While some viewers abandoned the series over time and others took it for granted, the core fans did not. For a decade Stargate SG-1 has explored far-off lands, introduced us to memorable heroes and villains and taken us on amazing adventures. Beyond that, the series has always been true to itself. That achievement is unlikely to be repeated.

Midseason and Beyond

**colonel snippage**

Outpost, SCI FI, in development

This epic miniseries from executive producer Lynda Obst (Contact) follows a group of explorers in the near future who travel to a planet in our solar system to establish a new colony. However, the discovery of an ancient artifact buried on the planet sets their adventure on an unexpected course. Written by Eric Jendresen and produced by astronomer David Grinspoon.

**snippity doo-dah**

© 2006, SCI FI

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

January?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      January?
      Facts, facts, facts...so annoying to get them wrong.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

So January or March?
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

March, I guess.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
            March, I guess.
            But it says January in both cases, SG-1 and SGA. Was it ever officially confirmed by SciFi at their website that both shows return in March?
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
              So January or March?
              Definitely March.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

That article made me ill when I read the whole thing.

Eureka and wrestling tied together? "BSG: Caprica" too much like Stargate but should work if they make it edgier?

It doesn't sound like SciFi likes Stargate at all.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                  But it says January in both cases, SG-1 and SGA. Was it ever officially confirmed by SciFi at their website that both shows return in March?
                  The article was corrected to say "return early next year."

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Eureka and wrestling tied together? "BSG: Caprica" too much like Stargate but should work if they make it edgier?
                    Where did they...Oh.
                    Should we be surprised, really? ....*sigh*
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                    X