Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Asuran's Puddle jumper require operator with ATA gene ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Asuran's Puddle jumper require operator with ATA gene ?

Does Asuran's Puddle jumper require ATA gene?

In episode "Progeny"
    SGA team escape the Asuran city ship with one of the Asuran puddle jumper.

That jumper may be mention again in some future episode.

I wonder , how much different is there between an Asuran Puddle jumper and an Ancient Puddle jumper .

We know Asuran copy many Ancient tech and but modify it slightly,
    like Niam claim they built a city far grander than the Ancient ever achieved .Or something like that.
    And some people mention a white ZMP.

We may see some new feature in the Asuran Puddle jumper someday.
    But Does Asuran Puddle jumper require ATA gene operator?

They don't have the gene, they are A.I make up of Nanite
    i am sure they can interface with any Ancient Tech, but why would they built a jumper that require a gene that they don't have.

But
    Since the Asuran are like replicator ,only more advance,Their nanites are able to reprodce using organic matter.(Like infecting Dr Weir's body )Replicator like Fifth and Replicator require Neutronium.
    And they are so advance with potentially to even reach ascension.

When MCkay tried to rewrite their code he said
    "McKAY said : Still, we’re not dealing with rock-‘em sock-‘em robots here. We are dealing with a complex code of over three billion chemical base sequences. It’s like trying to reconfigure the D.N.A. double helix"

Maybe Asuran not only took their creator's form, but also imitate their gene too.
    What if the people who failed the gene from the ATA gene therapy , like 50% of people , what if they can operate that jumper.Or Earth can study the jumper and learn how to reverse engineer Ancient tech and remove the ATA gene requirment.

That jumper did look a bit different than ours.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
      Does Asuran's Puddle jumper require ATA gene?

In episode "Progeny"
      SGA team escape the Asuran city ship with one of the Asuran puddle jumper.

That jumper may be mention again in some future episode.

I wonder , how much different is there between an Asuran Puddle jumper and an Ancient Puddle jumper .

We know Asuran copy many Ancient tech and but modify it slightly,
      like Niam claim they built a city far grander than the Ancient ever achieved .Or something like that.
      And some people mention a white ZMP.
      We may see some new feature in the Asuran Puddle jumper someday.
      But Does Asuran Puddle jumper require ATA gene operator?

They don't have the gene, they are A.I make up of Nanite
      i am sure they can interface with any Ancient Tech, but why would they built a jumper that require a gene that they don't have.

But
      Since the Asuran are like replicator ,only more advance,Their nanites are able to reprodce using organic matter.(Like infecting Dr Weir's body )Replicator like Fifth and Replicator require Neutronium.
      And they are so advance with potentially to even reach ascension.

When MCkay tried to rewrite their code he said
      "McKAY said : Still, we’re not dealing with rock-‘em sock-‘em robots here. We are dealing with a complex code of over three billion chemical base sequences. It’s like trying to reconfigure the D.N.A. double helix"

Maybe Asuran not only took their creator's form, but also imitate their gene too.
      What if the people who failed the gene from the ATA gene therapy , like 50% of people , what if they can operate that jumper.Or Earth can study the jumper and learn how to reverse engineer Ancient tech and remove the ATA gene requirment.
      Well, the 'white ZPM' isnt a ZPM. The actually interface that the white things were embedded in looked like the interface that the ZPM's go in, but I think they just held the nanites. Now, the Asuran puddle jumper was built exactly the same. it's probably built into the jumper that it requires the gene. It won't matter for them, though because they can interface with any tech. But, I doubt that it doesn't use the gene. It probably does.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

its possible it didnt have a ata gene operater could be just touch controlled liked when they activated the ships flying computer they just pressed a few buttons and whoom it flew

so possible just touch activated or that they built it the same but then they just stick their nanite hands in to the computer
        sigpic

Comment

I dont think so personally...I mean if they are essentially a form of a cloud of nanites then they could just technically merge with the machine and make ti work regardless if it required a gene or not. I mean they are a machine race so presumably they could easily manipulate computers to their task.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

The city and the puddle jumpers could be an actual ancient city that was taken over by the Asurans rather than something they built themselves.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              That jumper did look a bit different than ours.
              Yeah, it was missing a back door.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

the helm did look different to me for some reason, possibly

Comment

asuran clothes are made of nanites too. if they werent oberoth would have come out naked on the other side of the door. so i guess niam had the chance to infect shep ronnon and teyla too.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I can't think of a single good reason why they would build a PJ that required a gene that only the people they hate most in all the world would use. Now that he has flown the jumper we have to fanwank a good excuse for how he could fly it but I feel it's one of those details they overlooked and one that bothered me today while watching progeny again.

The madeup excuse: rather than being locked into a specific gene for security purposes, they made their PJs more generic so they responded to any control by man or machine.... just in case a bunch of humans needed to escape.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

If they didn't build it exactly like the Ancients with the gene required, then I wonder how John was able to fly it out of the city ship. It did look different in the controls than the Ancients puddle jumpers but the overall look was the same. You think the Asurans use drones like the Ancients did?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                        You think the Asurans use drones like the Ancients did?

that's what i want to see
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

If they didn't build it exactly like the Ancients with the gene required, then I wonder how John was able to fly it out of the city ship. It did look different in the controls than the Ancients puddle jumpers but the overall look was the same. You think the Asurans use drones like the Ancients did?
                          Because they still use the controls to fly the ship? And John's a great pilot?

Comment

not require the ATA gene does not mean it exclude people with ATA gene

It mean everybody can use it ,that include people without ATA gene + people with ATA gene.

The Puddle jumper's computer can interface with the operator/pilot's mind.
                            If the jumper read the pilot's mind and able to give him what he want , the Jumper will do it.Like John wanted something to locate his people inside the Hive, the jumper computer gave him the Ancient locator device.When John tried to test it by thinking about a sandwich, he didn't get it becase the jumper doesn't have a kitchen.

I suspect the Asuran's Puddle jumper can interface with anybody's mind ,with or without ATA gene

Comment

I was thinking that if they didn't include the ata gene requirement then it could have been something to do with their make up. They could have made it in a way that only the Asurans could fly it.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Working...
                              X