This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Weapon Idea

The Arcturus power source was abandoned because it produced massive amounts of exotic particles that could not be contained. These particles destroyed everything they touched, much like the kawoosh of a stargate. So simple solution... Don't try to contain them. Deflect them. Turn them into a beam of some sort. There's the ultimate Anti-Ori weapon. A Kawoosh Canon.

Originally posted by Merlin's_Legacy
    The Arcturus power source was abandoned because it produced massive amounts of exotic particles that could not be contained. These particles destroyed everything they touched, much like the kawoosh of a stargate. So simple solution... Don't try to contain them. Deflect them. Turn them into a beam of some sort. There's the ultimate Anti-Ori weapon. A Kawoosh Canon.

just a theory that could be what the ori are doing, their power chamber on their ship looked similar to the one in trinity and we know that ori and ancient tech are the same!
    sigpic

Comment

SO they are just redirecting their exotic particles into a "Particle Beam"...nice theory..

Comment

The problem would still be that particles would appear OUTSIDE the chamber, destroying the barrel, ship, whatever. This would result in a very short-lived weapon, and I imagine they wouldn't be cheap to build.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
          just a theory that could be what the ori are doing, their power chamber on their ship looked similar to the one in trinity and we know that ori and ancient tech are the same!
          Ori and Ancient tech are not the same. They're seperated by millions of years, which is long enough to develop significantly divergent tech and cultures.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

don't forget project Arcturus was created by pre-ascended anicents and the Ori ship was built with ascendent knowledge from the Ori.
            Last edited by Raj_2006; 15 September 2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

wouldnt the ori still be afraid of the exotic particles ripping apart everything no more universe no more ori they are still in our universe so when it ends they do

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

wot bout gravity wells like in staw wars where ships couldn't jump to hyperspace,
                ]

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor
                  wot bout gravity wells like in staw wars where ships couldn't jump to hyperspace,

Um, what about them?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

well, with as advanced as the ORI are, they may not need to "barrell" the particles. they are probally using energy manipulation.

they probally use energy fields to divert the stuff into a device or manner to acutally use it as another means
                    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
                      well, with as advanced as the ORI are, they may not need to "barrell" the particles. they are probally using energy manipulation.

they probally use energy fields to divert the stuff into a device or manner to acutally use it as another means
                      I thought that wasn't possible because the particles were inherently unpredictable and would appear outside of any containment field.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
                        I thought that wasn't possible because the particles were inherently unpredictable and would appear outside of any containment field.

well, we don't exactly know how much the ori know, i mean. if they have the acended knowlege, they may know a way.

but it was just a theory anyway
                        Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                        (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by rosstaylor

srry but this is stargate not star wars the same rules dont aply

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Working...
                          X