This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Merlin be our enemy?

Has anyone considered the possibility that Merlin was working against the Ancients? Is it not entirely possible that the weapon he was building wasn't intended for the Ori?

Merlin could merely have been a spy among the Ancients which explains why he descended from their population and also why the "Others" felt suspicious enough to put Morgan le Fay in charge of monitoring his activities.

I see no other reason why Merlin would have a communication device that linked him directly with the Ori galaxy, since all those who were against the Ori left with the Ancients.

Any thoughts/comments?
    sigpic

Merlin was also Moros who lived on Atlantis and was on the council there so he must have been an Ancient. He probably wasn't even born until millions of years after the Alterans came to uor galaxy.
    "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

I was gonna talk about Moros, but someone beat me to it. There are obviously rebels in the Ori galaxy. Merlin was probably trying to help them.

Comment

Interesting theory, but I hope not. Earth doesn't need another undefeatable enemy.

Comment

well they are ancients who made stuff maybe the communication device was already made then they left from the ori and a few million years after merlin biult another and that connected with the one in the ori galaxy

possible???
          sigpic

Comment

Yes merlin could be our enemy, in authurian legend it was never quite clear if he was friend or foe and was alway regarded as a simple fact of life not as a force for any particular side.
            Merlin i think was unhappy with the whole ultimate power deal IMO, he was in atlantis and got down and dirty with the wraith and assumed that ascension would give him the power to move on, but didnt expect this much power and decided people shouldnt have this much power just by being evolved, wisdom was needed and so devised a way to strip the ascended of thier holier than thou attitude and therefore relieve them of their powerfull burden.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

The Ori didn't know that our galaxy was populated. If Merlin did contact the Ori or anyone in the galaxy the Ori would of known that the galaxy was inhabited and try to convert us thousands of years ago.

Comment

I kinda got the feeling that the ole concious swiping machine was something the Alterans had with them when they left the old galaxy for the new one - along with all their precious gold and twinkets
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I think that if Merlin had been working against us he wouldn't have bothered to come back to build a weapon capable to destroying ascended beings. I do wonder however why he didn't use it to destroy the Ori after he built it. Instead he hides it and it to our knowledge is never used.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

no merlin made the weapon
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

i was just wondering something you no how the ori destroy the stuff that is dug up that was made when they were coperal how much stuff do they have and why else would merlin have outdated tech since both com links where in the galexys unless merlin saw the future and wanted the sgc to no the ori threat why else would he have mil year old tech

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

I kinda like that idea Urgo. It is said that Merlin aged backwards through time, and thus knew the future.

Comment

I'd rather go with the idea, that Merlin was just incompetent, and the other ascended Ancient's took the weapon from him, and hid it, because they didn't want the Goa'uld, or some other enemy using it. But, why the weapon was never used, that is the question I hope answered, because right now it isn't building much trust.

Comment

i have a really big question how did the merlin travel with the legend of camalot since the gate was barryed and he was coperal he could not just wisk himself and the knights away

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Something big happened that stopped Merlin from using the weapon on the Ori. I just hope we find out what that something was exactly.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X